What Does Head Prosthesis Look Like?

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru January 2002:What Does Head Prosthesis Look Like?
By Chevalier on Friday, December 21, 2001 - 03:27 pm: Edit

I have seen the Head P., and it is now ... on eBay. ($175 so far.)

my picture

By Louched_Liver on Sunday, December 16, 2001 - 09:33 pm: Edit

For me, this Forum was initially just a site to exchange a bit of info, and more importantly, it became a place to actually meet some very interesting folks. This was entirely 2ndary to gleaning knowledge at 1st. But, as new and exciting news on the absinthe front is sparse @ best, the use of this space as a catalyst to promote face on face confabs has become much more important.
If all I needed was to get updated on the latest absinthe news, I could check in here for 15 minutes every month. But, to get to know some folks better, and maybe actually get to see their mugs in 3-D, I gots to be here more often, no matter how much I think I can walk away from this.
Which is what I had done until the esteemed Mr. Rabid e-mailed me that a get-together may go off w/more than 3 people attending. Man, thank him for that. And all of Space Tavvy's work too. The Tri-State Soiree was a blast. And absinthe was just the grease to get it to pop. The common thread to bind uncommon people.
I'll forget damn near every post and thread here, but not the St. Patrick's Day throwdown w/Rabid and Y, and the Tri-State Soiree.

Yours on a big weepy soapbox,
Leebah Schnipps

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, December 16, 2001 - 10:58 am: Edit

More like driving bumper cars.

By Lordhobgoblin on Sunday, December 16, 2001 - 10:55 am: Edit

I too think in images. I generally have an extremely good memory, remembering the smallest detail of things that happened many years (and decades) ago. However I am hopeless at remembering names, I remember faces but not names. On the other hand I know someone who remembers names better than faces, I have difficulty even trying to imagine being like that.

Anyway, Artemis is of a literary bent so, to him, words in themselves have a value of their own. To me words are just a means of communicating and describing a physical event (or an idea that could manifest itself physically), as such words have no value of their own to me.

Communicating via the web is a bit like driving a car. Everybody is safe in their own little cocoon and they tend to curse, swear and insult people for the tiniest thing. How often do you see a pedestrian cursing, shouting and making rude gestures to another pedestrian who just happened to walk across their path? When people connect with each other physically they show much more respect, manners and tolerance. We are social animals, life is about meeting real people.

Hobgoblin

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, December 16, 2001 - 08:50 am: Edit

Mask

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, December 16, 2001 - 08:38 am: Edit

Inspiring? Me?

"I'm the King of Nothing"
-Tom Collier

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, December 16, 2001 - 08:37 am: Edit

Heiko,
I didn't do anything. Threads usually take on a life of their own. Weaving, tangents, melting, molding, molting...

Ahhh, the life of a thread.

Sad really. Now knowing that it's life will be cut short at the age of 100. Time to go to Carousel, your gem is flashing...

By Louched_Liver on Sunday, December 16, 2001 - 08:25 am: Edit

Heiko,
I too cannot remember someone's name to save my worthless ass. I think in images, which usually translate into words, sometimes not though, leaving me grasping for the words to put the picture in my head in a form that people can understand. Unlike that sentence.

By Heiko on Sunday, December 16, 2001 - 08:07 am: Edit

:-)

Maybe I should have ordered my thoughts a little better before writing - but this is what came to my mind immediately.

How do you do that, Head? This thread started with your looks, and now we're ending up with neuro-science/semantics/speech philosophy?

You're very inspiring, that must be it!

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, December 16, 2001 - 08:05 am: Edit

"Coffee, mmmm"

I hear you now!

"Chickety China, the chinese chicken.
Ya have a drum stick an' yer brain starts clickin'"

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, December 16, 2001 - 07:57 am: Edit

Boy oh boy, Heiko.
I gotta get a coffee and re-read that...

By Heiko on Sunday, December 16, 2001 - 07:32 am: Edit

"Maybe that's because I think in words rather than images (...)"

Only a few days ago I was thinking about how recognition of a word's meaning was working in my brain, because I'm always told monolingual dictionaries were much better for my English than translating with a bilingual dictionary (which doesn't seem to be true for me, I don't really like monolingual dictionaries).
I came to the conclusion that I'm linking the looks of a word (really rather figurative its looks) and its sound to a certain field of meanings, which consists of pictures and examples.

A monolingual dictionary doesn't help me much in many cases, because the description of a certain term doesn't as easily link to the field of meaning as a good and direct translation does. Once the translation is done, the term is then linked to the pictures and examples rather than to the translation, so it won't hurt my English grammar or style.

Either my brain is working different in that respect, or I got something wrong in my thesis - but language teachers always say that translating the term once will link it to the translation and therefore hinder its correct use in the foreign language.

This would then mean "thinking in words rather than pictures", which I obviously don't do.

Maybe that's why my memory for names is extremely bad - sometimes I can exactly remember certain things someone said, their favorite softdrink, I could imitate their way of walking and so on, but I can't remember their name. It's just a replacable word, while the memory of a person is stored in different categories than words, so the link to the name is lost rather easily.
That can be very embarrassing sometimes...

By Artemis on Sunday, December 16, 2001 - 06:19 am: Edit

"When I read a post by one of them, I see the
flesh and blood person I've met, not the persona that I had projected onto them."

Just to be clear, I never said anything about a persona *I* had "projected" onto anybody. I'm capable of seeing their words as entities unto themselves, maybe that would have been a better way to put it. There's the Head I met, and the Head of the forum. They're not the same thing, and as far as I'm concerned, one is not more valid than the other. This dichotomy is more extreme with Head than it would be for almost anyone else, due to the very nature of the head prosthesis, but it holds for ever forum member I've met, to some extent. And I've met a lot of them.

"And spending even a few minutes w/any of them was much more informative as to who they are than reading all of their posts."

I don't agree with that at all. People reveal in their posts what they don't in person, and vice versa. Both are facets of what those people really "are".

"We are social creatures wired for face to face ineraction. And I, for one, wouldn't have it any other way."

Can't argue with that. Ted's gathering in NOLA was a major revelation for me that had nothing to do with absinthe. Ditto my meetings with Peter and Head. I wouldn't trade those meetings for anything.

By Louched_Liver on Sunday, December 16, 2001 - 05:46 am: Edit

LH,
I agree completly, well said. Unlike Artemis, meeting the Forum Fairy Freaks that I have has changed forever my perception of them here. When I read a post by one of them, I see the flesh and blood person I've met, not the persona that I had projected onto them. And spending even a few minutes w/any of them was much more informative as to who they are than reading all of their posts. We are social creatures wired for face to face ineraction. And I, for one, wouldn't have it any other way.

By Artemis on Sunday, December 16, 2001 - 04:45 am: Edit

"Anyone who says that they are not in the tiniest bit curious about what people who post here look like is, I believe, being dishonest."

I won't say I've never been a tiny bit curious, but I've never dwelt upon it for any length of time at all. Maybe that's because I think in words rather than images, but I've always "seen" people here as what they write, and that's even after I've met them. For example, even after meeting Head P. face to face, he makes a couple of typical Head posts here, and when I read them, I "see" the same old mysterious Head P., not the real-name flesh and blood guy I met.

By Artemis on Sunday, December 16, 2001 - 04:40 am: Edit

"Woke from a dream where I was
in a terrible realm
All my sails were ablaze
I was tied to the helm ..."

By Lordhobgoblin on Sunday, December 16, 2001 - 02:16 am: Edit

Anyone who says that they are not in the tiniest bit curious about what people who post here look like is, I believe, being dishonest.

Look at what happens on threads where a few boring pictures are posted here showing a few ordinary looking forumites (and let's face it most of us will look ordinary) standing around. The thread becomes full of posts.

Most people here have a photo posted either on their profile or on a thread in the archives somewhere and those that don't have told the forum lots about their lives in various threads. There will be particular interest in Head because unlike virtually everybody else he has never given away any information on-line about his real self (if such a thing exists).

As for not caring about what people look like or what they are like in real life, well how do you know that people posting here really exist? Maybe it's just one person using 20 different user-names. You could like one but hate the other and they are the same person. What if a poster is deceiving you by pretending to be something he is not? Your online 'friends' could be laughing at you for swallowing their bait. Nothing beats looking into a person's eyes to get to know that person.

Of course we want to know if the characters with whom we converse are real and a photo of them (or even a confirmed third-party report) makes us comfortable in the knowledge that we are engaging in human discourse. Conversing with other human-beings is meaningful and it helps if we know that they exist and have real lives (just like we do). It's basic human nature that's all.

Hobgoblin

By Uncle on Saturday, December 15, 2001 - 10:52 am: Edit

Hold me... hold me in contempted! But just hold me!!!!!

By Verawench on Saturday, December 15, 2001 - 08:44 am: Edit

"I thought I would set the table with a simple question and let things take their course"

Aye, aye, Ahab.

By Head_Prosthesis on Saturday, December 15, 2001 - 08:16 am: Edit

"Is he in heaven, or is he in hell?
That damned elusive Pimpernel."

By Artemis on Saturday, December 15, 2001 - 07:28 am: Edit

Vera:

I wrote: "If you don't want to know what the wizard looks like, don't peek behind the curtain."

You wrote: "A poor analogy."

It was not an analogy. It was a simple statement of fact.

"You think speculating on appearance would help us in any way to *understand* the Wizard?"

I think speculating on appearance would help us to understand speculating on appearance. By the way, if I were prone to posting a hundred pages of blank space, I would be careful about calling anybody's idea for a thread "nonsense".

"If we are to peak beneath each other's masks, let's do so in a meaningful way."

That's exactly what I did, and certain others joined in. You refused to participate. Too bad. We're talking about a guy who came into this forum with a PROSTHESIS where his face ought to be, and he has NEVER dropped the prosthesis! It's the whole point, and nothing but the point, but it's way deeper than "what he looks like"! Don't you get it? We all wear the prosthesis, in and out of this forum. Head wears his like a badge of honor. He makes us acknowledge ours. Rather than struggle for words to explain this, as I'm doing now, I thought I would set the table with a simple question and let things take their course.

"I know I've grown fond of somebody online when I don't give a damn what they look like. And I don't."

I've never given a damn what anybody here looked like, either those of whom I'm fond, or those of whom I'm not. Contrary to what I wrote earlier, I've never even given much thought to what Head looked like, but I HAVE wondered, "why the prosthesis"?

"How much does knowing the Wizard's face tell me about the man behind the curtain? Or his purpose of being there?"

It tells you everything. But first you have to have to quit looking at the word "face" through tunnel vision. Consider "face" in the sense in which the Chinese do.

"I hate to spoil your party, Artemis. I guess I'd like to go a bit deeper."

You give yourself entirely too much credit. You haven't spoiled anything for me - this thread took pretty much the direction I had hoped. As to going deeper, you'd better rent a submarine if you want to catch me.

Artist:

You didn't offend me. I've actually been feeling very mellow lately; I don't know why I overreacted to your post. My conduct was unseemly, and again I apologize.

You wrote:"The analogy: We actually see the creative process here in people's postings and now the question is what do these people look like and does it matter?"

Yes, but it's deeper than that. Meeting Head expanded my conciousness in ways that I can't begin to explain. I'm not much of an artist, but he is. Without even trying, he made me understand why he uses this forum for his canvas. If he wasn't spraying graffiti on our wall, he would have to be spraying it on somebody else's.

"Does the "HP" icons used purport to be representations of the physical manifestation...?"

I don't know if Head P. ever intended the icon as a self portrait, but I can say this:
I always saw that vertical slit of a mouth as a smile. And the flesh and blood person has exactly the same smile, a beautiful, seemingly permanent, enigmatic, Mona Lisa smile.

By Pantagruel on Saturday, December 15, 2001 - 06:24 am: Edit

Rabid,

you're quite full of pithy comments when you're sauced. Too bad you left the dec 1 party in a responsible state of mind, it would have been interesting to converse w/ you when you get loose...the absinthe forum's very own virtual Dogen.

Cheers,

Pantydrool

By Admin on Saturday, December 15, 2001 - 12:17 am: Edit

Me, I pretend to be someone who knows something about Absinthe ... in actuality I just like the pretty peektures.

By Mr_Rabid on Saturday, December 15, 2001 - 12:05 am: Edit

"If we are to peak beneath each other's masks, let's do so in a meaningful way. "

Vera, that was beautiful.

That was part of why I was posting the Story Of My Life in the archives (it was there by accident, but I found it to be a happy accident: not everyone would see it unless they looked, which was cool...)

Why not? Why not, on this anonymous digital platform, reveal your past, what you look like? Fear of Internet Psychos? Fuck that. That is one of the things holding the net back from being the beginning of a new rennaisance, the start of something wonderful.

I would rather stand here, in my starkers, in all my naked 1s and 0s, and speak the truth.

Digital anonynimity has it's charms, and it's place- but for all that, it leaves a certain something out.

Drunk on Serpis, I challenge you all: Say it, goddamn it! Tell us about the time you got into Head's car and he was wearing a trenchoat!

Online you can be whatever and whoever you want, and I say that is it's advantage- you can overcome the strait-jackets the people you know in real life bind you in.

But that doesn't mean OZ should never come from behind the curtain; merely that he can come from behind it as he chooses, can show himself for what he IS, rather than what people who see what he looks like or the car he drives think he is.

Vive le net! Vive le verite!

By Head_Prosthesis on Friday, December 14, 2001 - 07:09 pm: Edit

Quote:

"And if I ever lose my hands, lose my plough, lose my land,
Oh if I ever lose my hands,

Oh if....

I won't have to work no more.

And if I ever lose my eyes, if my colours all run dry,
Yes if I ever lose my eyes,

Oh if....

I won't have to cry no more.

And if I ever lose my legs, I won't moan, and I won't beg,
Yes if I ever lose my legs,

Oh if....

I won't have to walk no more.

And if I ever lose my mouth, all my teeth, north and south,
Yes if I ever lose my mouth,

Oh if....

I won't have to talk..."

-Cat Stevens

By Artist on Friday, December 14, 2001 - 04:59 pm: Edit

Head's time is a-wasting away...

Actually, I find that Head's time is not wasted here...it provides me with many much needed things (*grin*)?

Is this the proverbial "Why is Head Prosthesis here?"

Does the "HP" icons used purport to be representations of the physical manifestation...?

artist.

By Verawench on Friday, December 14, 2001 - 04:06 pm: Edit

We're a colorful hoard of personas tangled up in a perpetual discourse. If we are to peak beneath each other's masks, let's do so in a meaningful way.

Names, looks... come on.

How much does knowing the Wizard's face tell me about the man behind the curtain? Or his purpose of being there?

I hate to spoil your party, Artemis. I guess I'd like to go a bit deeper.

I want to know not what Head looks like but why Head wastes his time here.

By Artist on Friday, December 14, 2001 - 11:39 am: Edit

Artemis...thank you.

Please, my apologies if I offended you. Of course, it's true, I have posted some irreverant (and irrelevant) remarks. I also try to contribute seriously as well...I lurked for months and tried to listen and learn and thought that on occasion, humor and irony were quite acceptable. (I would only have hoped that I did not come across as a total stranger as you had seen my previous posts...and by the nature that some of them had, you would known that I was only making a play on words and maybe jibed me back.)

I, of course, am interested in attaching faces to names in this forum (I guess that is logical - being a visual artist and all - but maybe this is just really a human characteristic). This one of the truly intelligent forums I have come in contact with on the web and I truly enjoy the information and banter and conversation. Again, my apologies - no offence intended. A toast: "To the future: may it be strewn with friendly, witty banter and serious, deep discussion."

artist.

By the way: It's kind of funny...some of this conversation reminds me of the question I asked regarding whether knowledge of the creative process makes any difference in one's feelings about a piece of art...

The analogy: We actually see the creative process here in people's postings and now the question is what do these people look like and does it matter?

By Heiko on Friday, December 14, 2001 - 09:36 am: Edit

"What sort of answers are these about a human being?"

Well, what kind of answer is it about a human being if he is male or she is female? Maybe not interesting in the mind of the 100% intellectual, but in real life it makes a a difference, I think. Unless your bi, of course... ;-)

By Heiko on Friday, December 14, 2001 - 09:29 am: Edit

"On the internet, people are usually curious to know what you look like when they're least interested in comprehending you as a real life person. It's seeking the most obvious answers: "Well, he must be a freak"; "maybe he's not even male"; "I bet you he's a total nerd". What sort of answers are these about a human being?"

This is the typical intellectual "looks are nothing" stereotype.

I like to know what people look like - I find it interesting APART FROM what they are and know and say!

By Verawench on Friday, December 14, 2001 - 08:41 am: Edit

"If you don't want to know what the wizard looks like, don't peek behind the curtain."

A poor analogy. You think speculating on appearance would help us in any way to *understand* the Wizard?

On the internet, people are usually curious to know what you look like when they're least interested in comprehending you as a real life person. It's seeking the most obvious answers: "Well, he must be a freak"; "maybe he's not even male"; "I bet you he's a total nerd". What sort of answers are these about a human being?

I know I've grown fond of somebody online when I don't give a damn what they look like. And I don't.

By Heiko on Friday, December 14, 2001 - 08:01 am: Edit

I think Artist has been the first interesting newbie on this forum in a while. All the others didn't get our humor and were gone as soon as they had appeared.

By Artemis on Friday, December 14, 2001 - 04:25 am: Edit

I take your point, Artist, but you started it.
I wouldn't have made such a remark to you out of the blue, and wouldn't have been anything but courteous to you, unless you started something with me first. I simply couldn't tell you were only trying to be funny. You're fairly new here, and I've seen you post some irreverant (and irrelevant) remarks in more than one thread. Some people (Head notably) can get away with that, some can't. Think about it - if in person, you as a stranger had as the first response to a remark by me (also a stranger) something that could very easily be interpreted as smartass, how would you expect me to respond? Some people just let that stuff slide; I don't. Not on the Internet, and not in person either. I apologize if I offended you. Let's go forward in friendly fashion.

By Artist on Friday, December 14, 2001 - 04:01 am: Edit

Okay...

By the same token, I would say your comment to me:

"It was not a solicitation of smartass commentary from newbies. Go paint your blue pussies."

falls into the same category as the following (cited by you, Artemis):

Internet 101:

...And you don't know me well enough to to be flip with me and get away with it. That's basic courtesy, Internet or otherwise.

Please don't be hypocritical.

By Artemis on Friday, December 14, 2001 - 03:44 am: Edit

"Artemis...You are NO better than I"

Did I say I was?

"my first angry post!!!"

Stick around. If pushing your anger button is that easy, I can probably make you jump like a monkey on a stick.

"It was meant to be tongue in cheek"

Internet 101:

On the Internet, I can't tell without emoticons, which are frowned upon here, or unless I know you, which I don't. And you don't know me well enough to to be flip with me and get away with it. That's basic courtesy, Internet or otherwise.

By Artemis on Friday, December 14, 2001 - 03:36 am: Edit

"I was hoping that instead of this nonsense, Artemis, you'd give us a Petermarc-esque account of the fateful face-to-face meeting."

I can't be Peter, I can only be me. I considered giving a literal account (still might), but decided I had bigger fish to fry. This based upon issues Head and I have been discussing for months. It makes perfect sense to me.

"Instead you've turned over a rock you knew had a nest of chattering maggots waiting to come out."

I rather thought of it as throwing a spotlight upon a subject that merited examination, as it bears upon Internet "identities" in general and those in this forum in particular. I like to turn over rocks; that's the only way to find out what's under there. I can hardly be blamed for what crawls out, but even if YOU see maggots, maybe I see butterflies. I especially liked Uncle's response, having heard that he hasn't much use for this forum, and that he tells Head he's wasting his time here. There was more poetry in his honest, heartfelt response than anything anybody else has written about Head, or in most of what Head has written here, for that matter. It's the poetry of reality, Kitty Maudlin. Chop wood, carry water.

"How disappointing."

If you don't want to know what the wizard looks like, don't peek behind the curtain.

By Louched_Liver on Friday, December 14, 2001 - 03:33 am: Edit

I've seen Mr. Head. He gave me some candy. He wore a trenchcoat. I got in his car. And after the police found me, I had to show the psychologist were he touched me on the anatomically correct dolly.
But he was nice!

By Uncle on Thursday, December 13, 2001 - 06:24 pm: Edit

y request, An night of Head. I usually ring his door bell at 6 pmish. He answers in his red longjohns and a smile. we exchange hellos and we dicide where we want to eat that not the same as the time before. He'll excuse himself and go shower (he hasen't showered cuz he was posting!). While he's bathing , I'll spend time with cat. As the minutes turn to hours he's finaly dress and ready. We dicide on a Chinese place called The Great Wall. It a good place to eat, but you have to use the bathroom next door cuz theirs is always broke. Head will tell me about his job and what's new. I do the same. We enjoy our egg fooyoung and sip tea and smile politley at one another. This party go's on for hours. After we talk about everything under the sun, We chew tooth picks and stare at the check and then at each other. We pay and walk up to the Borders books and look around for a hour or so. While at Borders one of us will empty out the restroom. Nothing like going to the growler after a big meal! Then we go to the local ballet and see the sights. If were low on cash it's advd and drinks at Head's place. We usually raid head's SC shipment. Then it Russ Myer or some cult classic. By the time the movies over were inapretty good place! 6 glass of serpis will bright anybody's day! The the old Black Flag records are played and we giggle like school girls. 3 am and it time to call it a night. Wash, rinse repeat. If you know the beast Head Prosthesis then your as lucky as me. GMP

By Verawench on Thursday, December 13, 2001 - 03:56 pm: Edit

I was hoping that instead of this nonsense, Artemis, you'd give us a Petermarc-esque account of the fateful face-to-face meeting.

Instead you've turned over a rock you knew had a nest of chattering maggots waiting to come out. How disappointing.

By Uncle on Thursday, December 13, 2001 - 03:13 pm: Edit

Head is alot like Arty Johnson's nazi on laugh-in. Very interesting.......

By Artist on Thursday, December 13, 2001 - 02:42 pm: Edit

Kiss my MFing rearend, Artemis...You are NO better than I.

(my first angry post!!!)

FYI...I was not shitting on your post. If you saw it that way, you must have brown eyes.

- You said "Don't tell me..." and I was just telling you I would follow your request. - It was meant to be tongue in cheek. -

Okay, enough.

If you have problem with that, too bad. I had no intention of inflicting negativity (mental, emotional or physical).

I actually feel a kinship to HP and your commentary was hurtful.

Nobody can shuck and jive the way HP can!!!

By Mr_Carfax on Thursday, December 13, 2001 - 02:40 pm: Edit

I don't believe Head is actually a he......

By Head_Prosthesis on Thursday, December 13, 2001 - 12:06 pm: Edit

Like my Tats?

By Cheri on Thursday, December 13, 2001 - 11:26 am: Edit

Later on, a picture from his career in the FBI.
badboy.jpg

By Cheri on Thursday, December 13, 2001 - 11:16 am: Edit

This is a picture of Head in his earlier career as a model
gayjohnny.jpg

By Cheri on Thursday, December 13, 2001 - 11:09 am: Edit

shit

By Cheri on Thursday, December 13, 2001 - 11:09 am: Edit

I believe this is a picture of Head from his earlier modeling career
/image

By Timk on Thursday, December 13, 2001 - 10:31 am: Edit

I thought that original photo was a piss-take there was a US flag in the background if i remember

By Perruche_Verte on Thursday, December 13, 2001 - 10:11 am: Edit

He had a photo of a glassy-eyed, clean-cut fellow in a suit and tie, with what looked like loose skin from a chapped upper lip, somewhat resembling a televangelist. I remember that photo clearly. I wouldn't assume it was actually Head.

By Artemis on Thursday, December 13, 2001 - 09:44 am: Edit

I don't know; his profile has changed so much, you can never tell what might be in there. He told me he would show up at my place bearing a teddy bear and balloons, and although I didn't exactly expect those, I wouldn't have been at all surprised to see them, either.

He's a careful student of profiles himself; he kept bringing up stuff about various forum members, about which I was ignorant, and he would then respond "... haven't you seen their profile ... ?"

He brought up the Dutch Masters as "those Spanish guys", but he's like a Dutch Master from a different century than those guys with the Three Musketeer hats.

By Thegreenimp on Thursday, December 13, 2001 - 09:16 am: Edit

If memory serves me correct, didn't the elusive and mysterious Head,have his photo on his user profile when he first appeared?
Jay

By Chevalier on Thursday, December 13, 2001 - 08:37 am: Edit

A Dutch master asks a buxom, milk-pouring maid out to dinner ... and doesn't pay for her meal.

By Admin on Thursday, December 13, 2001 - 08:30 am: Edit

mmmmm..... dutch master.

By Artemis on Thursday, December 13, 2001 - 08:26 am: Edit

> It's made for smartass replies!

I draw a distinction between a creative smartass reply, such as the ones that have now started to trickle in, and a smartass smartass reply that implies (I could be wrong) that the poster is merely shitting upon my post.

> I wonder again every time I read a post

As did I, but now that I've met him, his posts will never be the same for me. That is part of the reason for this experiment.

> Here's the one thread I should really stay out of.

I was particularly interested in your opinion, Vera.

> The real physical Head is surely detached (snip)

Very good analysis by Pataphysician Wolf.

> And on the right is Artemis ... before absinthe corrupted him.

Actually, my transition has been in the other direction, from Maynard G. to Dobie. But Head is on an entirely different plane - part Dutch Master, part Kung Fu Fighter.

By Chevalier on Thursday, December 13, 2001 - 08:09 am: Edit

my picture

By Chevalier on Thursday, December 13, 2001 - 08:06 am: Edit

And on the right is Artemis ... before absinthe corrupted him.

By Chevalier on Thursday, December 13, 2001 - 08:03 am: Edit

Here's how I imagine Heady. He's the one on the left ... I think ...

By Wolfgang on Thursday, December 13, 2001 - 07:24 am: Edit

The real physical Head is surely detached from the Prosthesis persona. In fact it's probably stored in liquid nitrogen in a flying saucer hidden on the dark side of the moon.

If we physicaly met with his physical body, I'm sure we could be surprised not to understand the relation between the Head and the Prosthesis.

pataphysician Wolf.

By Cheri on Thursday, December 13, 2001 - 06:04 am: Edit

If you tweak his nipples, he'll mow your lawn.

By Verawench on Thursday, December 13, 2001 - 05:45 am: Edit

Here's the one thread I should really stay out of.

By Cheri on Thursday, December 13, 2001 - 05:37 am: Edit

Head is my fantasy man. He looks like Eddie Vedder. I diddle to the thought of him nightly.

In the morning though, he looks a bit like Bugs Bunny.

By Heiko on Thursday, December 13, 2001 - 04:50 am: Edit

Artemis,

do you really think this thread ever had a chance of becoming a serious discussion?

It's made for smartass replies! Here comes mine:

I wonder again every time I read a post by Head :-)

By Artemis on Thursday, December 13, 2001 - 03:04 am: Edit

Do I also have to start a SmartassReply thread to siphon such flotsam away from the topic?

Overheard at the Jade gathering in NOLA:

"That HEAD character isn't coming, is he? I hope HE doesn't show up!"

"You" in the "don't tell me you never wondered" meant longtime forum members who have speculated in this forum and out of it about whether Head is human. It was not a solicitation of smartass commentary from newbies. Go paint your blue pussies.

By Artist on Thursday, December 13, 2001 - 02:43 am: Edit

I promise I won't tell you...

By Artemis on Thursday, December 13, 2001 - 02:34 am: Edit

Don't tell me you never wondered.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation