I just don't know if I can do it...................

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru January 2002:I just don't know if I can do it...................
By Absinthespoon on Wednesday, December 19, 2001 - 08:46 pm: Edit

Something about being referred to in the third person grates me the wrong way. I prefer being insulted by being addressed!

Besides I only drink Guinness.

By Bob_Chong on Wednesday, December 19, 2001 - 07:50 pm: Edit

Lighten up, Spoon. You walked right into it.

Save me a Bud Light.

By Absinthespoon on Wednesday, December 19, 2001 - 07:25 pm: Edit

Bite me, Chong.

By Petermarc on Wednesday, December 19, 2001 - 05:26 am: Edit

i had visions of suggesting something like that to him, it was lost with my spanish...

By Wolfgang on Wednesday, December 19, 2001 - 05:05 am: Edit

Hu ho, he just got Chonged!

Well, for some people Segarra is an aquired taste, probably because of that odd barel aging.

That would be better if instead of the barrel aging he would color it traditionaly and let it age in a large vat but well, that wouln't be a Segarra then...

By Bob_Chong on Tuesday, December 18, 2001 - 08:28 pm: Edit

Didn't like Segarra? Poor bastard.

Must be the type who goes into a microbrewery and orders a Bud Light.

"Can I have some bullshit mixed from oils, please? No, I don't want anything artisinal or actually distilled, thanks."

By Absinthespoon on Tuesday, December 18, 2001 - 08:19 pm: Edit

Speaking of grapefruit juice, the Dole grapefruit juice in the vending machine at work lists one of the ingredients as cochineal. This is the red dye from mealy bugs that is (presumably) used in Serpis. Some of the vegetarians at work got quite upset that they were unknowingly consuming insect juice.

Personally I find Serpis yummy. I have been wondering about trying Segarra again. I made my other half drink the first bottle I got, because I didn't like it. Now that my taste is possibly more developed, and I have more info, I should give it another chance, I suppose.

By Artist on Tuesday, December 18, 2001 - 07:38 pm: Edit

For eggnog, Segarra...(although, it might be hard to tell the louche...hohoho)

By Cheri on Tuesday, December 18, 2001 - 07:19 pm: Edit

You know, if I mixed it with some Wassail, it might match....

By Wolfgang on Tuesday, December 18, 2001 - 07:14 pm: Edit

Boiling is the only way to go...

By Cheri on Tuesday, December 18, 2001 - 06:15 pm: Edit

Okay, tonight I tried mixing it a bit with Pernod Pastis..it helped..looked a bit like grapefruit juice..but still, I just don't know if I can do it..

By Mr_Rabid on Monday, December 17, 2001 - 10:09 pm: Edit

Meat, you genius!

FINALLY a use for Ringo. Patent it quick!

By Crosby on Monday, December 17, 2001 - 09:57 pm: Edit

"..... or could it be... RED DYE #5?"

Does cancer count as a secondary effect?

By Cheri on Monday, December 17, 2001 - 08:14 pm: Edit

I gave it another chance tonight. This time no sugar, 1 part to 4 parts water. I find it still, quite crapulous. Not bugalicious, but more yuckaholic. There seems to be some kind of a serpicitrus thing going on here that's giving it that wierd taste..... or could it be...
RED DYE #5?

By Giovannigray on Monday, December 17, 2001 - 07:47 pm: Edit

"Bang! Bang! Maxwell's Silver Hammer came down...."

By Petermarc on Monday, December 17, 2001 - 05:12 pm: Edit

yellow matter custard?

By Meat_Nipples on Monday, December 17, 2001 - 05:03 pm: Edit

I would hate to think of what crushed Beatles must taste like. I think we should merge this thread with the cannibalism one. "The moral implications of eating the worlds greatest (arguably, and I wont argue on it) rock band".

By Meat_Nipples on Monday, December 17, 2001 - 04:58 pm: Edit

I've never eaten a beetle that I can remember (maybe as a kid) but I have always assumed that they have a sweet musty taste. Sometimes I experience a certain taste in food that I imagine must be what insects taste like, and I become repulsed. That probably constitutes some weird mental disorder. Perhaps absinthism? I've yet to taste Serpis, but I am planning to very soon. If I experince that bug taste in it now I am not going to be happy ;)

By Artist on Monday, December 17, 2001 - 04:51 pm: Edit

oops, BEETLES, that is (sorry Paul and Richard).

By Artist on Monday, December 17, 2001 - 04:51 pm: Edit

Isn't it crushed beatles that make Serpis Red?

By Chevalier on Monday, December 17, 2001 - 03:37 pm: Edit

That's a good "-ium". Let's also add "vomitorium". Or is it too Latinate?

In any case, most of English's vulgarities are of Anglo-Saxon ancestry.

By Mr_Carfax on Monday, December 17, 2001 - 03:29 pm: Edit

I was watching Billy Connolly getting interviewed by Michael Parkinson on Saturday (which might only mean something to UK forumites), and he was describing experiences in California during a prostate check up- he was recommended to go have a sperm count done at a clinic which had a wonderful "masturbatorium" - what a word...add that to the lexicon

By Chevalier on Monday, December 17, 2001 - 02:46 pm: Edit

For your pleasure, may I present ...

"Gormless". (adj.) Lacking intelligence and vitality; dull.

"Swink". (v.) To labor; to toil; to salve. To tire or exhaust with labor. To acquire by labor. (n.) Labor; toil; drudgery. (Anglo-Saxon as hell, and pretty obsolete. Bring it back!)

"Swink" is also a town in Colorado (ZIP 75970). Population (1990): 584 (258 housing units). Area: 0.7 sq km (land), 0.0 sq km (water).

By Morriganlefey on Monday, December 17, 2001 - 02:30 pm: Edit

Bravo, Cheri! Bravo!!!

- Morrigan
Chief Linguist
Ministry for the Encouragement of Crapulous Discourse

By Heiko on Monday, December 17, 2001 - 11:38 am: Edit

There's a special taste in Serpis that prevents me from drinking more than two glasses of it.

btw. barkeepers love red absinthe - it's just a better color for mixing, it seems. That's why Tabu is made in a red version now as well - and it supposedly tastes absolutely the same as the green version!

By Cheri on Monday, December 17, 2001 - 11:33 am: Edit

I'm finding it kinda, well, crapulous..

By Wolfgang on Monday, December 17, 2001 - 11:25 am: Edit

I think it`s been said before but my spongy brain forgot about it...What herb could give that weird taste to Serpis ? And why the fuck do they color it RED! ?

Wolf-The Blasphemer-Fener

By Chrysippvs on Monday, December 17, 2001 - 10:57 am: Edit

Don't feel bad...I have a special disdain for Serpis...

By Cheri on Monday, December 17, 2001 - 10:36 am: Edit

I said the same thing at first in regards to Segarra...that I didn't like it.. didn't want it..but it grew on me to the point where I prefer it's smoothness and taste.

But I'm having a Hell Of A Time with SERPIS. I just got a bottle of 65 and the scent was okay.. it kinda looked okay..the louche to an almost orange juice/tang kinda threw me.. and the taste.. there's something WIERD there.. Well, Weird to me. I just don't know if I can get used to this stranger! I may need some absinthe therapy here..

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation