For a laugh.

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru January 2002:For a laugh.
By Lordhobgoblin on Wednesday, December 26, 2001 - 10:09 am: Edit

Having to deal with the Alien & Sedition act as well as a Fatwa! How much trouble can a picture of this loving couple cause?

By Bjacques on Wednesday, December 26, 2001 - 12:35 am: Edit

Haw! Lese majeste hasn't been a crime in the US for 218 years, but maybe they can revive the Alien & Sedition Act to cover this...

By Lordhobgoblin on Sunday, December 23, 2001 - 10:31 am: Edit

http://www.geekgirl.com.au/geekgirl/027fans/images/makelovenotwar2.jpg

By Lordhobgoblin on Sunday, December 23, 2001 - 07:40 am: Edit

Marc, you're comments sound great when put through da Ali G translata.

"Me don't think any hof dis Ali shit is funny. Hits don't digful, obvious hand rank. Hits sad dat a gatherin hof so-called hipsters (da absinda ferumites) is amused by dis racist hand homophobic humor. Makin Elton John da butt hof dis kind hof square humor seems sadly irrelevent. Who autoes. Is it coz Me is black? Princess Di, who autoes. Is it coz Me is black? Gary Glitter. Comeon. Da wales is filled wif enough cruelty hand ugliness. Me am not amused by a bunch hof losers gettin their rocks off on slammin old queens hand dead princesses. How pathetic.

I'll see me Uncle Jamal punks in hell."

Hobgoblin
(No offence whatsoever intended)

By Bjacques on Friday, December 21, 2001 - 09:17 pm: Edit

There's more of a tradition in the UK of taking the piss. You can get away with it more than you can in the U.S., but there's definitely an art to knowing how far you can go. UK celebrities are more often brave or foolhardy enough to let themselves in for it than US ones are.

By Lordhobgoblin on Friday, December 21, 2001 - 02:29 pm: Edit

No problem Marc, we all do that from time to time.

Check out http://www.aligonline.net/

Hobgoblin

By Marccampbell on Friday, December 21, 2001 - 01:06 pm: Edit

hobgoblin,

sorry. I overreacted.

By Perruche_Verte on Friday, December 21, 2001 - 12:47 pm: Edit

from Smokehammer:

Chief aim of war is now to "avenge death of George Harrison" - Blair

hee hee

By Lordhobgoblin on Friday, December 21, 2001 - 12:19 pm: Edit

Petermarc,

Yes my usually low opinion of Al Fayed did change a bit after his appearance on the Ali G show. He showed that he was game for a laugh and could laugh at himself.

He takes the piss out of everything, no holds barred. He holds nothing sacred (apart from his Mr Biggy and his erb spliffs). The people who end up suffering on the receiving end are usually people who have an abnormally high opinion of their own importance. Pop stars and politicians usually fall foul of Ali G. Anyway humour is humour and Ali G makes me laugh my bollocks off.

In the early days you could perhaps forgive these people a bit, but these days? Well either Elton John has been living in a vacuum for the past few years or he has such a seriously high opinion of himself that he thinks that even Ali G will take him seriously. Either way, he agreed to the interview so the outcome is his own fault.

People who in the early days did well on the Ali G show (after twigging halfway through that it was a piss-take) include UK veteran politician Tony Benn. People who in the past swallowed his bait hook, line and sinker included the DUP mayor of Belfast and a prominent Belfast Sinn Fien politician (Ali G's tour of Ireland was a classic).

He has a book out for Christmas called "The Gospel according to Ali G". Not the best Christmas present for your local church minister.

If you haven't seen him then get his videos and see him in action.

Hobgoblin
Marc, lighten up and chill out. Have you ever seen Ali G in action? He is not there to be taken seriously, nothing at all about him is serious. In reality he is actually a left-wing Jewish guy who's been on protest marches alongside Gay-pride members, and he's marched behing CND banners etc. Refreshingly he keeps his politics out of his comedy.

By Heiko on Friday, December 21, 2001 - 05:15 am: Edit

The big joke actually is that there is many, many guys out there who wouldn't recognize Ali G. as a joke and say "ya man, dis a one cool rudebwoy"
They'd really think he is like that because they are themselves just like that...

There's two guys in Frankfurt, Germany who make fun of the (mainly) Turkish badboys - they call themselves "Dragan & Alder". A tv team once asked a lot of badboys in the streets of Frankfurt if they felt offended by those guys. In contrary, they weren't offended at all, they found them cool (and didn't get they really should be offended...)

By Marccampbell on Friday, December 21, 2001 - 04:29 am: Edit

elton sucks eminem's cock and buggers ali in an effort to shift a few more copies of his new album. i hope i die before i get old.

By Absinthedrinker on Friday, December 21, 2001 - 03:58 am: Edit

Bjacques mentioned Chris Morris, a man of true comic genius, he has recently started a news web site at http://www.thesmokehammer.com

If you can get the audio file to work, the doctored Bush statement in issue #1 is a masterpiece.

By Petermarc on Friday, December 21, 2001 - 03:45 am: Edit

if elton john didn't know he was in on the joke, and not the butt of it, he is an idiot...let's see this performed first, before getting pc all over the place...

By Marccampbell on Friday, December 21, 2001 - 03:22 am: Edit

hobgoblin,

underneath your hipster facade lurks a racist
homophobic pig. shame on you.

By Marccampbell on Friday, December 21, 2001 - 03:19 am: Edit

I don't think any of this ali shit is funny. its hateful, obvious and odious. its sad that a gathering of so-called hipsters (the absinthe forumites) are amused by this racist and homophobic humor. making elton john the butt of
this kind of square humor seems sadly irrelevent.
who cares? princess di, who cares? gary glitter.
comeon. the world is filled with enough cruelty and ugliness. I am not amused by a bunch of losers getting their rocks off on slamming old queens and dead princesses. how pathetic.

i'll see you punks in hell.

By Petermarc on Friday, December 21, 2001 - 03:09 am: Edit

you've got to see it performed...
i nearly lost it the other night when i walked out of the metro and saw a gang with one guy in a yellow jogging suit scratching his ass...

By Artemis on Friday, December 21, 2001 - 02:54 am: Edit

A laugh indeed. Now THAT's funny. That's what the old National Lampoon was like at its best.

Thank you, Hobgoblin.

By Louched_Liver on Thursday, December 20, 2001 - 08:17 pm: Edit

Ali G made this year's MTV Europe awards watchable. They'd gotten a bit respectable, wot?
The "Ali G" in the interview sounds spot on. But, do you think Elton John wouldn't have a clue what he was getting into? Dat bruddah Ali G hash bin aroun' fer a while. Geevid up!

By Bjacques on Thursday, December 20, 2001 - 07:48 pm: Edit

Haw! I've never seen the show--just the cheesy Madonna video he's in (speaking of which, what does that fake accent of hers sound like? Posh? Cockney, but like Dick Van Dyke from "Mary Poppins?).

Aw, gigging po-faced officials and popstars is just too easy but it seems to be the national sport there. Look at how far Chris Morris got with it.

By Petermarc on Thursday, December 20, 2001 - 03:35 pm: Edit

'da ali g.' show is one of the funniest things i have seen on tv in a long time...fortunately, it is shown in VO on french tv, but has french subtitles which cannot possibly be as tear-producing as the actual dialog...his trip to cannes to raise 400 million 'squid' to make a gangsta movie was a classic...i look forward to this elton john interview...he did have alfyed(sp?) (diana's almost father-in-law)of harrod's fame on, and offered his connections to get him a fake british passport...he actually rapped with ali and did some wicked dancing...it was embarassingly funny...

By Lordhobgoblin on Thursday, December 20, 2001 - 12:31 pm: Edit

For those who have not heard of Ali G, this may not be as relevant. He is a UK comedian interviewer who acts out the persona of a sort of UK asian(Indian) gangster rapper interviewer (in reality he is Jewish). Very non-PC. Amazingly some celebrities still get taken in by him.

This is apparantly a transcript of an Ali G interview with Elton John. I can't wait until this one is televised.

Ali G: Alo! I is ere wiv none uver dan da batty boy of pop,John Elton. Respect.

Elton John: It's Elton John actually Ali.

Ali G: Aiih, whatever. So John, is you always been a batty boy cause I erd dat you woz once married - although I also erd dat da missus was mingin?

Elton John: Well Ali if you mean have I always been gay then probably deep down I was but maybe fought it because in my younger days especially it was not socially acceptable to be gay.

Ali G: Fer real, but when you was gettin' jiggy did you fink about people like James Dean and that Jonny Rottweiler who was tarzan so you wouldn't end up wiv a floppy or woz you trisexual and didn't care where you was stickin' Mr biggy?

Elton John: Again I probably fought hard to convince myself I wasn't gay so I never had a problem maintaining an erection with women.I now know I am homosexual so I would probably struggle to get aroused with a woman now.

Ali G: Wow, I fink I might be homosexual then cause Mr biggy wasn't coming out to play last Saturday night although ma Julie says it woz coz I drank a bottle of Dan Jackiels and had about 6 spliffs. I fink it woz coz me Julie isn't very subtractive now in fact she's a dog.

Elton John:I think you're Julie was right - it takes one to know one.

Ali G: Wot, is you saying me Julie is a batty boy? Nah, the bitch won't take it up the exit ole, I've tried slipping it in a few times. Happarently Julie is too nice a girl for batty sex but she's not too nice for a threesome wiv me mate Dave - it woz wicked!

Elton John: Well a lot of women are not keen on anal sex just as I know some gay men who are not keen on it either. Just because you're gay doesn't mean that you have to like it - there are other ways to express yourself sexually with another man.

Ali G: Eh? Like fellatilatio you mean or gaelic.

Elton John: Gaelic?

Ali G: Aiih, gaelic. When batty boys lick each other.

Elton John: Sure, oral sex is one way of pleasing a lover but sensual massage can be very enjoyable for example.

Ali G: But dat is a bit rank innit - ah mean you need to lose you're orange juice or what is da point? Anyways enough talk about homosapiens - I hear dat you spend killions of dosh every year on shopping. Is dat because you is a feminist?

Elton John: I do spend a lot of money on shopping yes but I wouldn't describe myself as a feminist.

Ali G: But I thought dat all gay people were feminists?

Elton John: Eh?

Ali G: Chill. Anyway, is you related to dat lefty comedian Ben Elton cause I fink he is rank.

Elton John: No, I told you before my name is Elton John and not John Elton.

Ali G: Cool, woz your parents spaced out when dey named you?

Elton John: No, that's not my real name but my stage name. Many performers change their names to try to sound more appealing to the public. Take Gary Glitter for example, his name is really Paul Gadd - can you imagine the same guy selling so many records as Paul Gadd or me as Reg Dwight.

Ali G: Nah, but I can imagine him taking some poor kiddies up the Gary Glitter coz he's a paedovile innit. Anyways, talkin of sickos - how's yer mate George Michael - I would never let my son go down on him the pereverted bastard.

Elton John: OK so George made a mistake - anyway I thought you said enough of the gay talk. I'd much rather you concentrated on another aspect of me.

Ali G: Me know what you is saying, sorry Mr Elton. OK then, does you not fink dat you looks rank wearing a wig? Ah mean you looked a total dick in the seventies wiv da shades but everyone looked like dick in da seventies.

Elton John: If you're going to insult me any more I will walk out of the interview - I can put up with a lot but you're going too far.

Ali G: Chill Johnny, no offence. OK - you re-wrote dat Candle in the Wind song when Princess Di got wasted, do you fink she was incinerated by da SAS on da Queens orders or do you fink it woz just down to dat pissed French cvnt?

Elton John: Really Ali, Princess Diana was a very dear personal friend of mine whom I loved very much - I don't want to discuss it.

Ali G: You loved her, but how could you if you is a batty boy? Is she a femisist or somefink?

Elton John: (Elton leaves the room)

Ali G: Nil respect to da menstral batty boy of pop - some people is just too sensidine. It must be all da years hangin wiv da homosapiens and havin his batty bashed. Anyways I is off for some erbal remedy wiv me boyz westside. Boyakasha!

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page | Delete Conversation | Close Conversation | Move Conversation