Happy New Year

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru January 2002:Happy New Year
By Perruche_Verte on Tuesday, January 01, 2002 - 12:28 pm: Edit

Happy New Year!

My throat is sore from my friends' cigarettes and from singing Auld Lang Syne in the wrong octave.

Finally tried NS70, from the bottle I'd been saving for New Years - somewhat anticlimactic. Probably better than the 55%.

I suppose I'd better go check on the last of the guests, being it's past 2 PM.

Time for the Breakfast of Champions.

By Petermarc on Tuesday, January 01, 2002 - 08:37 am: Edit

happy new year...
...back to GO, do not collect $200...

By Lordhobgoblin on Tuesday, January 01, 2002 - 08:27 am: Edit

There's a bloody 2 week waiting list round here for LOTR. I'll go after all the hype has gone away, I can wait a few weeks.

Hobgoblin

By Don_Walsh on Tuesday, January 01, 2002 - 07:43 am: Edit

Happy 2002 everyone!

Just saw LOTR for 2nd time, no diminishment at all.

By Dr_Ordinaire on Tuesday, January 01, 2002 - 06:19 am: Edit

Happy New Year to all of you!

May the Green Fairy bless you all with unlimited amounts of the best absinthe...good that there is only ONE Green Fairy...if there were TWO they'd never agree in which one is the best... ;-)

By Mr_Carfax on Tuesday, January 01, 2002 - 12:53 am: Edit

Well, I'm having a smoky new year so far...Sydney is surrounded by bushfires that have been burning since Xmas, many of them deliberately lit..todays strong winds have turned a number of them into fire storms, some of the fire fronts being about 25 km long, hundreds of homes have already been destroyed and they have now worked their way into the Sydney surburban areas within about 15 minutes drive from my place in the inner city. They have pulled in fire units from all the other states, and there is apparantly about 60 odd fire fighting aircraft in the air but the situation is not getting any better.

My ex-girlfriend spent Xmas at her parents place trying to create a fire break around the house to stop the fire racing up a ridge from getting to the house- luckily the wind changed direction.

...the setting sun is a very bloody red through the smoke, casting a subversively beautiful scarlet tint over the streets- combined with the wind and smoke it is a little post-apocalyptic.., but not very comforting for those whose homes have gone up in a blaze...a not so Happy New Year for some....

By Thegreenimp on Tuesday, January 01, 2002 - 12:10 am: Edit

Happy New Year to All!,... Hope everyone has a nice Green Tinted New Year.
Jay

By Louched_Liver on Tuesday, January 01, 2002 - 12:03 am: Edit

To the Forumites I have met in person-
Mr. Rabid, Pantagruel, Tavarua, and especially my pal Head Prosthesis-
I wish I could have been there to give you a hearty slap on the back, and tell ya eye to eye- "Happy New Year, may this be the best ever."

Yours in sappyass ol' sentiment,
The Liver dat be Louched

By Etienne on Monday, December 31, 2001 - 09:11 pm: Edit

Happy New Years all !!

By Admin on Monday, December 31, 2001 - 08:05 pm: Edit

sorry, I just saw this at Green Bohemia ... hehe

green santa

By Mr_Rabid on Monday, December 31, 2001 - 05:38 pm: Edit

You are all ordered by the GFSP (Green Fairy Secret Police) to get as drunk as possible, as fast as possible.

Those who fail to comply will be inebriated against their will.

Hangovers will be issued free of charge.

By Admin on Monday, December 31, 2001 - 04:53 pm: Edit

Happy Muthafuckin' New Year!

You are all, truly, the wind beneath my wings. **HONK!**

Honestly, I am blessed with your presence. I feel so ... blissed out ... that such a bunch of WILDLY divergent freaks sit around in my living room, shootin' the shit, and gettin' scrappy. Happy me, woot!

By Bjacques on Monday, December 31, 2001 - 04:53 pm: Edit

I'd say so, even though I have to work tonight. I'm well-fortified with half a bottle of champagne (Brut, anyway), some wine, beer, salmon, eel and sprat. I'm up about 3 Euros in an on-again, off-again poker game.

The fireworks over Amsterdam have subsided (the city doesn't bother to stage a display because everybody just goes nuts here), but the quaint river folk have an all-night bonfire going.
Here's wishing you a happy and prosperous new year. May all customs agents be struck temporarily blind when your bottles come through!

By Verawench on Monday, December 31, 2001 - 03:31 pm: Edit

Happy?

By Louched_Liver on Monday, December 31, 2001 - 01:32 pm: Edit

The Fairy bless all of you.

Tiny Liver

By Cheri on Monday, December 31, 2001 - 11:51 am: Edit

2001 sucked. Here's to 2002.

By Verawench on Monday, December 31, 2001 - 11:43 am: Edit

Fuckit. Happy New Year. That is all.

By Cheri on Monday, December 31, 2001 - 11:31 am: Edit

Have a very happy new year everyone! I'm going stag to a New Year's Gothic Prom. I hope to have a lot of fun.. but hell, I could just plain fall asleep. Even if I don't get plastered, I can say that I am and still get away with grabbing cute goth boi butts.

By Heiko on Monday, December 31, 2001 - 10:32 am: Edit

I'm preparing to empty all of the good and not so good absinthes this evening. First the good, then later, when nobody knows what their drinking anymore, the bad...

I'm not coming home until about tomorrow evening, so have a Happy New Year, drink a lot, have a lot of fun (doesn't that mean the same anyways?).

By Artemis on Monday, December 31, 2001 - 10:15 am: Edit

Same to you all. May you live long and prosper. Now I've got some more tasting to do. It's a dirty job, but someone has to do it!

By Mr_Carfax on Monday, December 31, 2001 - 09:48 am: Edit

Being one of the closer forumites to the international dateline, I take great pleasure in getting in first to wish everyone a Happy New Year.

....now I'm gonna crawl into bed...zzzzzzzzzzz

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation