Bonne Anniversaire! January 18th

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru January 2002:Bonne Anniversaire! January 18th
By Lordhobgoblin on Saturday, January 19, 2002 - 01:16 pm: Edit

Anyway sucking neat absinth through a very narrow glass tube was in my experience a total waste of time and effort. I found it hard to believe that was really a traditional Czech way to drink the stuff. The pipe is now in a corner of my kitchen (just above the extracter fan over my cooker actually) gathering dust. It was cheap anyway so I wasn't bothered (which is actually unusual for a tight-fisted git like me).

Hobgoblin

By Tavarua on Saturday, January 19, 2002 - 09:22 am: Edit

Happy birthday Kallisti

"glass absinthe pipes"?

Well, I know that brandy pipes are marketed as increasing the content of alcohol. Supposedly, you are supposed to hold the pipe in your palm and the heat of your hand somehow producers more alcohol. More likely, the heat evaporates the water in Brandy, making it stiffer. The idea of this glass sipper increasing the alcohol content seems quite silly to me, but who knows. I am sure someone can answer this question. You probably got a Brandy pipe, but it's still a nice topic of conversation.

By Lordhobgoblin on Saturday, January 19, 2002 - 01:40 am: Edit

To me that post by Kyle suggested that he was just about to start supplying Sebor by mail order. The days when I used to send cash in the post and recieve my half litre bottles of Sebor from Kyle, all wrapped up in some Czech newspaper does bring back happy memories. I even bought one of his glass absinthe pipes (what is the point of them?) which of course arrived with the legs broken.

Hobgoblin

By Admin on Friday, January 18, 2002 - 03:45 pm: Edit

Forum: Happy Birthday to me! Happy Birthday to me! (slurs) Now, ssssomeone pour me a goddamn drrrink.

By Admin on Friday, January 11, 2002 - 08:35 am: Edit

Ha! I didn't know you were Gregor!

Always wondered what happened to him. Well, that is super.

For any locals in the Bay Area, perhaps we'll have a cocktail or six next friday the 18th.

And I expect all ya'll to raise a glass as well.

By Rimbaud on Thursday, January 10, 2002 - 04:28 pm: Edit

Wow! My first post from 3/19/98 is in that archive (under the name "Gregor"). It sure has been a long time...Thanks, Kallisti!

~21st Century Rimbaud

By Joalco on Wednesday, January 09, 2002 - 03:47 pm: Edit

In reference to the Wench...

More glasses of absinthe...

More threads that meander to and fro...

More trolls... And legitimate newbies...

More healthy market competition...

And more access to us lowly folk to the holy (Jade) grail...

Happy new year to ya all, dammit...

Coming soon... Austinites must Reunite!

By Mr_Rabid on Wednesday, January 09, 2002 - 02:13 pm: Edit

Yeah- thanks!

By Petermarc on Wednesday, January 09, 2002 - 12:00 pm: Edit

thank you kallisti!

By Wolfgang on Wednesday, January 09, 2002 - 10:59 am: Edit

Let me quote that one from Kallisti April 17 1998...

Quote:

As for an absinthe community, there is perhaps on the web,
but the sense of "community" probably stops there. Before
there was common internet access, I think we all hovered in
small dark rooms buried beneath mounds of Rimbaud & Wilde,
dreaming of absinthe because we believed THEY did. It is
certainly more widely known of these days, and more people
have been showing interest in it. But the word "community"
doesn't quite fill the bill, as it were.

I now believe it's now a community, thank's to our beloved absinthe mistress Kallisti who gave us a place to share and to those who organized GTs.

I would also be curious to see the first post by Ted
where he probably wrote he was about to make an historically correct repro of Edouard Pernod... Or the first mention of "Jade". That may become an historical piece of web writing.

By Verawench on Wednesday, January 09, 2002 - 10:32 am: Edit

Many more of what?

By Joalco on Wednesday, January 09, 2002 - 09:49 am: Edit

Kallisti ~

A great many thanks to you...

Here's to many more!

By Morriganlefey on Wednesday, January 09, 2002 - 09:48 am: Edit

Aren't we all so charming in our innocent lil' infancy??! Thank you, Kallisti, for that stroll down memory lane. I believe I saw Mike Ivarro and Kyle (Sebors) chiming in there, in addition to Ted. Love it.

(To use Ted's 1998 salutation -)
PEACE,

-M

By Admin on Wednesday, January 09, 2002 - 09:22 am: Edit

Four Years of Forum ... well, it started out as the "Absinthe Book" a guestbook for la Fée Verte, but folks quickly got chatty.

The oldest member besides myself? Mssr. Antoine Breaux who first posted on April 21st, I raise my glass to you!

Against my better judgement, here is the archive of the first few months:

ARCHIVE 1/28 - 4/15/98

ARCHIVE 2/98 - 8/98 (this was just archive of informative posts I rescued after a crash)

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation