First experience

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru January 2002:First experience
By Raschied on Tuesday, January 15, 2002 - 08:57 pm: Edit

BTW - I've had several glasses of Serpis since the first one, and none have given me the reaction the first one did. Psychological effect from waiting so long to try it? The fairy only lives in the first part of the bottle? Who knows? I guess the important thing is I love the taste of the stuff, and want to try more.

By Raschied on Tuesday, January 15, 2002 - 07:45 pm: Edit

Like all things, I guess it's a "To each his own" kind of thing. I usually get a better high from eating the stuff than I do from smoking it. Plus, my throat doesn't hurt and I can breathe. I kind of overdid it this time. Before I got to the airport I decided to finish up what I had left. Unfortunately, it was a lot. probably 3-4 grams worth. It made the flight home real mellow, though. Especially two weeks after Sept 11th.

By Lordhobgoblin on Tuesday, January 15, 2002 - 10:33 am: Edit

I suppose the moral of the story is "don't eat cannabis" (or if you do then don't swallow it, spit, just like Bill Clinton does with cannabis smoke).

By Heiko on Monday, January 14, 2002 - 05:49 pm: Edit

Hobgoblin,

something similar happened to a friend of mine in school. When we were in Amsterdam once (about 7 years ago), he did not want to smoke but only eat a cookie, and so he did. He wasn't really used to it at all, and for about one hour he complained that he had wasted his money on that damn cookie. Then he suddenly didn't even know anymore that he was in Amsterdam. We had a hard time getting him to the hotel.

By Anatomist on Monday, January 14, 2002 - 04:53 pm: Edit

Sorry Don, I stopped taking your epithets seriously long ago - when it became obvious that they are reserved only for people who don't kiss your ass. If such criticisms came from an intellectually honest place, it would be a different story. As it is, you're just reiterating your dislike for me, which is old news.

K.

By Lordhobgoblin on Monday, January 14, 2002 - 11:59 am: Edit

I made myself a pot of marijuana tea once one evening use good quality grass. I drank a couple of cups and nothing happened so I thought "fuck it I'll just fish out all the grass and eat it". After a very short while I felt sick as a pig, went to bed and fell asleep. The next day my alarm went, and although feeling like shit I got up to get ready to go to work. I got out of bed, I couldn't walk straight, my legs gave way and I fell flat on the floor. I crawled back into bed and phoned inj sick. Never again.

By Don_Walsh on Monday, January 14, 2002 - 11:47 am: Edit

No, just the Common Sense Enlightened Self Interest Police telling you to stop being an asshole.

By Anatomist on Monday, January 14, 2002 - 11:18 am: Edit

Well, to each his own, but consuming cannibis without cooking or burning it first is a formula for feeling groggy and sick. The THC is transformed by the heat into a form that makes you feel high instead of burnt out.

K.

...what's that I hear? Is it the paranoia police coming to tell me not to talk about drugs?

By Cheri on Monday, January 14, 2002 - 07:24 am: Edit

I drank too much Deva70 this weekend. I was cleansed out...however, it came out the way it went in.. argh..

By Wolfgang on Monday, January 14, 2002 - 06:58 am: Edit

"kind of like a cleansing effect"

Ho good old window cleaner!

We all need a glass of absinthe to clean out this evil water out of our brain!

By Raschied on Monday, January 14, 2002 - 03:21 am: Edit

Actually I'm not much of a cannabis user, but when I was in Amsterdam September 11th I made an exception. One of my favorites is to take about a gram of hash and crumble it over a nice juicy steak. It really adds flavor to the steak and the buzz afterwards lasts for hours.

I'm going to crack open the bottle of Deva tomorrow night and give it a try.

By Heiko on Monday, January 14, 2002 - 02:13 am: Edit

btw. don't you know that scientists have renamed uranus to make an end to all that silly jokes?
It's called urectum now.

(credits to Futurama)

By Heiko on Monday, January 14, 2002 - 01:40 am: Edit

Well, Serpis 65% is not exactly the absinthe I ever experienced much clarity from...

Even it is pretty sedating, it is not as much as a few drinks of Ricard (or red wine...)

By Artemis on Sunday, January 13, 2002 - 04:21 pm: Edit

No, not my ethra. Not uranus, either.

Once I drank a whole paper bag of Mad Dog 20/20 ....

By Anatomist on Sunday, January 13, 2002 - 04:06 pm: Edit

...please don't say urethra.

By Artemis on Sunday, January 13, 2002 - 04:02 pm: Edit

Once at band camp, I stuck a flute in my ....

By Anatomist on Sunday, January 13, 2002 - 04:01 pm: Edit

Actually, with that theory, a case of Serpis, and a dread-head wig, I'd say you could tour with Phish and sell shots for $25 bucks a pop out of the back of a VW microbus...

By Anatomist on Sunday, January 13, 2002 - 03:58 pm: Edit

I ate 3 grams of hash once, on the bus home from Amsterdam. Fellow passengers had to help me off the bus and I slept for 2 days straight, waking only to take alka-seltzer.

By Perruche_Verte on Sunday, January 13, 2002 - 03:53 pm: Edit

Interesting hypothesis. I find that I experience highly variable effects on different occasions, even when drinking the same amount of absinthe under roughly similar conditions (time of day, when I've last eaten, etc.).

By Petermarc on Sunday, January 13, 2002 - 03:52 pm: Edit

yikes!

By Raschied on Sunday, January 13, 2002 - 03:48 pm: Edit

Just thought I'd share my first experiences last night. I tried my first drink of Serpis, and the effects were more than I imagined. I'm a pretty big guy, (6'5, 280 lbs.) and one drink of alcohol rarely has any effect on me. This stuff took me back to my trip to Amsterdam in September. And that was on a full stomach. I really didn't have many expectations for "secondary effects" either - I was more interested in the mystery and culture of the stuff.

After lurking here for a while, and reading the FAQ and reviews, I have a hypothesis to share: perhaps the effect of absinthe is to "liberate" stored substances in the fatty cells, kind of like a cleansing effect. This may explain the wide variety of reactions to absinthe. I honestly felt the same high of the morrocan hashish I was eating back in September in Amsterdam. this was completely different from the "clarity" reaction most people describe here. Maybe the clarity comes from caffeine stored in the body - I don't know enough chemistry.

anyway, just a thought.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation