East, West, North, and South Fairy Fest

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru February 2002:East, West, North, and South Fairy Fest
By Mr_Rabid on Friday, February 08, 2002 - 07:29 pm: Edit

Yeah, thanks man!

That's why I was askin how many were confirmed. If we can get enough folks together... it will defray the cost.

Does anyone know how much liquor will be in a full bottle should we find one? That will let us calculate how many doses, and thereby how many people are the max to contribute...

By Louched_Liver on Friday, February 08, 2002 - 07:26 pm: Edit

Wolfgang,

Thanks for looking. On top of your offering up some of your homebrew, very generous sir, very generous indeed.

By Louched_Liver on Friday, February 08, 2002 - 07:23 pm: Edit

I'm a generous sucker, but @ $250/each, mebbe I'll let someone take a sniff.

Maybe.

By Tavarua on Friday, February 08, 2002 - 02:55 pm: Edit

BTW - Chevy's right, at least your lookin.

By Tavarua on Friday, February 08, 2002 - 02:53 pm: Edit

Hurrah for vikings. I've always wanted to be a viking. On that note, count me in for throwing down some change on a bottle.

By Mr_Rabid on Friday, February 08, 2002 - 01:38 pm: Edit

I have a friend who might be in.

The question is this- can the three of us do this by our lonesome? Cause the maybes might turn into nots real fast.

By Chevalier on Friday, February 08, 2002 - 10:24 am: Edit

Hurrah for putting time and effort into the vintage bottle search. Very cool of you to do it, even if you don't succeed.

By Wolfgang on Friday, February 08, 2002 - 08:50 am: Edit

Hurrah ? I didn't get it, this is only a picture sent to me by the seller.

And I would not have paid 955 Euro for an unsealed, unlabeled bottle...

By Chevalier on Friday, February 08, 2002 - 06:11 am: Edit

Hurrah for Wolfgang! (In honor of La Bleue, may we call you Wolfgangie? Or, in honor of the Fairy, Wolfgangreen? Or, in honor of wasting diseases, Wolfgangrene? Or ... )

By Wolfgang on Friday, February 08, 2002 - 05:48 am: Edit

I only got emails from you guys (LL and Rabid) and from an European forumit who's trying to find us a bottle. At least one of my friends here would be ready to pool in and some people have expressed interest but have not given any confirmation.

I don't know what happened to the Jules Pernod bottle on ebay but it was sold for 955 Euro.

This is the picture I got from the seller. No label, no seal ... The liquid level was 22 cm high and the bottle was 30 cm high (full up to the top of the logo).

Jules Pernod bottle

By Louched_Liver on Thursday, February 07, 2002 - 05:42 pm: Edit

This thread is moving.
Fairy Fest/Absinthe Orgy

By Louched_Liver on Thursday, February 07, 2002 - 05:24 pm: Edit

LL as in dub-L post.

By Louched_Liver on Thursday, February 07, 2002 - 05:24 pm: Edit

Rabid,
Hello man, how art thoust? Glad to hear the contingent grows.

Wolfgang,
I was wondering the same thing.

!!+??,
LL

By Mr_Rabid on Thursday, February 07, 2002 - 05:21 pm: Edit

Y is in, Louchey mooshey.

And may bring some drunk named Eric along cause he lives up in NYC.

Wolfgang, baby- how big is the list of Pernod Seekers at this point?

By Louched_Liver on Saturday, February 02, 2002 - 03:05 am: Edit

I have yet to hear back from my man in the City-Armani Johnny. He's pretty well hooked up in the scene, and I'd be suprised if he couldn't find something.
Yes, options are good. By the time this things goes off, we could have anywhere from 6-24 people. I'd bet on about 8-10. So, different spaces depending on the crowd, or lack thereof, to choose from would be nice.

By Maldoror on Friday, February 01, 2002 - 08:07 pm: Edit

I'll have more info on that place by the end of the weekend. Also might have a few potential options in the city. Since it's a ways away hopfully we can have our choice of a few spots.

Mal

By Louched_Liver on Friday, February 01, 2002 - 07:35 pm: Edit

Brooklyn is fine w/me. For me the get-together is the thing, not the sightseeing. Any hotelage nearabouts?

By Rimbaud on Friday, February 01, 2002 - 03:36 pm: Edit

Maldoror,

What part of Brooklyn? If it's where I'm thinking, it should be easy enough for people to get to...

~21st Century Rimbaud

By Maldoror on Friday, February 01, 2002 - 01:37 pm: Edit

I have a potential artists-loft space. It's a big, wonderful space however it's in Brooklyn. Is that to far out of the way? It's a 5 minute walk from a subway. The people that own it are exellent. They wouldn't want any money just a glass or two of absinthe. I'll try to get some pictures of the space to post.

By Wolfgang on Friday, February 01, 2002 - 12:14 pm: Edit

We will need to know very soon (and officialy) about who is willing to pool for a vintage bottle. contact me via email at :
wolfgang_fener AT hotmail.com and I will make an official list to send to a reliable buyer.

By Louched_Liver on Thursday, January 31, 2002 - 05:00 pm: Edit

Mally D,

Big Lots is a low end dept. store that happens to have some suave cut crystal stem glasses. Tres chic, and tres cheap!

A nose for a bargain,
LL

By Louched_Liver on Thursday, January 31, 2002 - 04:58 pm: Edit

Wolfgang,

By "doing it", I assume you mean the Fest? If so, most New Yorkers abode's are a tad short on space. And it would be up to someone to volunteer, of course. I am looking for a private room, where those who celebrate in their hardware (me, I just ogle) would be free to do so. When we get down the road, we can iron out the details of food, plates, etc...
I think that a) being in NY b) being w/a bunch of the most wonderful people in the world-Forumites and c) sampling a bunch of absinthe will make for a memorable evening no matter what the accroutrements.
But I appreciate any and all input!
Anyone else?

LL

By Maldoror on Thursday, January 31, 2002 - 04:57 pm: Edit

What's Big Lots?

By Wolfgang on Thursday, January 31, 2002 - 01:08 pm: Edit

I would recommand doing it at one of the forumit's place unless we end up being too many. We can bring our own glass, spoon and sugars.

We need a large table and somewhere to sit. A toilet would also be a very usefull facility. If we rent a place, It should be cheap but not too crappy (unless it's some goth hole, in that case I would even appreciate it). Some ambiant and not to loud music in the background would be fun too. I should also be able to get access to the place in my usual weekend kind of outfit. I don't mind removing my big boots if required but won't be wearing a tie to please some tight ass doorman (unless a jabot can qualify as a tie).

Plastic or paper dishes would break the ambiance. Just a little bit of class wouln't hurt...

I would also prefer to do it at night. Of course.

By Louched_Liver on Thursday, January 31, 2002 - 12:24 pm: Edit

Maldoror,
You pretty much hit it. Chelsea, Midtown, or the Village would be great. A little downtrodden would be cool too. I'm sure we could scrape up some $$, but at this advanced date, how much is hard to tell.
I don't think food, other than snacks, is a big deal, as we will be jabbering away for the whole thing, more than likely. I can get decent glasses @ Big Lots for $2/per, and already have a dozen. Plates, well paper works for me. The key is the people, and the absinthe. The space comes next, nothing else much matters (or will be remebered by some).
I'll blow an email in to Armani Johnny, and see what he can up with too.
Marc! Any connections in NY that could hook up a tasting for some Forum Fairy Freaks?

By Maldoror on Thursday, January 31, 2002 - 11:48 am: Edit

L.L.

My friends in the city are curious about our requirments for a space. What's needed? Food, glasses, dishes etc.? Is there money to rent something? What area?

I've basically responded with - Pirvate and elegant space - little or no money to rent and anywhere in Manhattan is fine, as long as it's not in the rubble of the WTC. Anything else I should tell them let me know.

By Wolfgang on Thursday, January 31, 2002 - 09:00 am: Edit

Ho boy....I'm not sure if I want to be there anymore... ;-)

By Head_Prosthesis on Thursday, January 31, 2002 - 06:46 am: Edit

Put ice on the floor and ice skates on the old gals and there's my Mom and her friends.

By Cheri on Thursday, January 31, 2002 - 05:32 am: Edit

I'll bring the dancing girls!

hotmommas.jpg

By Pablo on Thursday, January 31, 2002 - 02:04 am: Edit

What I want to know is Whos bringing the dancing girls? We have to have dancing girls right?

Right?

By Louched_Liver on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 - 06:13 pm: Edit

Maldoror,
Thanks for the effort!

Gratefully,
LL

By Louched_Liver on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 - 05:43 pm: Edit

Kitester,

How about we meet @ O'Malley's sometime? Bein' neighbors and all.

One of 2 in Atown,
Louched Liver

By Louched_Liver on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 - 05:27 pm: Edit

Wanna carpool?

By Louched_Liver on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 - 05:26 pm: Edit

Kite,
Just so happens I can see most of Muhlenberg College from my apartment.

By Kite on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 - 04:52 pm: Edit

Too early to know for sure, but I think I'll be able to make it.

Drowning in Allentown...
Paul

By Louched_Liver on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 - 12:18 pm: Edit

I will be happy to fill in whatever gaps are needed. As you may not know, it is good to have the bottom along w/the top. Adds perspective. Although too much bottom end ain't good. I only bought Versinthe for the Tri-State because I'd never had it. Didn't really care what it tasted like, just wanted to taste it. Turned out to be a minor hit. I will make sure Wolvie's stuff is represented, for those who have made the mistake of not buying it.

By Wolfgang on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 - 05:58 am: Edit

Having only tasted a very limited quantity of LaFee (100ml), it would be interesting to give it another try.

By Pablo on Tuesday, January 29, 2002 - 11:48 pm: Edit

I'm up for something off the beaten track. And I think 2 bottles at least. I am planning on bringing some La Fee. Its only fair since I have never had any hausgematche, and a little trading of spirits sounds like a blast. Besides, if I'm going all that way, I may as well do it for the best reasons.

By Louched_Liver on Tuesday, January 29, 2002 - 04:10 pm: Edit

Wolfgang,
I hear ya. I don't expect anyone to feel overextended as far as what they bring. People should just bring what they want. I was thinking more of just coordinating what is coming a bit so there is little overlap. It worked fairly well at the Tri-State Soiree on a very loose level.

By Rimbaud on Tuesday, January 29, 2002 - 03:35 pm: Edit

Wolfgang,

You can ship to me when the time comes. I'm in NYC, and as far as being reliable, I've been involved in the various forms this forum has taken since 1998.

~21st Century Rimbaud

By Wolfgang on Tuesday, January 29, 2002 - 03:24 pm: Edit

I hope I won't be the only one bringing hausgematche or LaBleu... I don`t want to sound too snooty but I dont really have any interest for the "regular" stuff anymore.

Anyway, I will try to have two 750ml bottles of good hausgematche ready. I will also need a reliable New Yorker forumit to get the bottles by mail as I don't want to cross the border with it (I don't care paying shipping but I do care about trouble at the border...). It will be corked,labeled and sealed with wax ;-).

By Pikkle on Tuesday, January 29, 2002 - 03:02 pm: Edit

oh good, I can finally get rid of all my Absente™

By Maldoror on Tuesday, January 29, 2002 - 02:59 pm: Edit

I got a few possible locations (i.e. bars). I'll look into it.

By Pikkle on Tuesday, January 29, 2002 - 02:55 pm: Edit

oh, I'll need at least two bottles each day... so everyone bring four!

By Louched_Liver on Tuesday, January 29, 2002 - 02:52 pm: Edit

Just thinkin'. How about if everyone who ends up coming brings 2 bottles? Unless this thing gets hugemungous, then 1 each. We could start about 6 weeks in advance, and coordinate to cut out doubles.

I'm also thinking that a hotel function room doesn't really have the proper shwerve for a Fest such as this. I'm thinking a private room in a bar. Any of you NYC folk have recommendations/connections/favorites I can look into?

The gang so far:
Absinthesque
Cheri
Pablo
Wolfgang
Rabid
Rimbaud
Tavarua
Mvario
Grimm
Pantagruel
Maldoror
Rashied
That Liver that has Louched

Possibles:
Baz
Illequipped

By Illequipped on Monday, January 28, 2002 - 08:23 pm: Edit

LL,
Thanks for the info! If I can make it, I'll take a good look again at your post before I head out.
Ill

By Louched_Liver on Monday, January 28, 2002 - 11:50 am: Edit

Wolfgang,
Giving us a "pubic update"?

By Wolfgang on Monday, January 28, 2002 - 11:25 am: Edit

Hummm, well ... When I re-read my last post it looks funny...

Sorry, no double meaning intended.

LOL

By Pikkle on Monday, January 28, 2002 - 10:09 am: Edit

Akron... do it in Akron, something about the smell...

By Wolfgang on Monday, January 28, 2002 - 06:22 am: Edit

Personally, I will come by car with my girlfriend. I will come alone to the GT but will spend the rest of the weekend with her. So no "group thing" for me.

There is a slight chance that some of my friends who were at the Montreal's Jade tasting will come with me too... If Ted ever decide to join us...Or if we finally find a bottle of vintage...

It would be great if we could do it at one of the NY forumit's place. Once the location of the GT will be settled, I will try to rent a comfy little room not too far away.

By Louched_Liver on Sunday, January 27, 2002 - 07:51 pm: Edit

Illy,
How are things in Cham-bana?

By Louched_Liver on Sunday, January 27, 2002 - 06:48 pm: Edit

Illy,
Everyone is invited. I only post who responded they wanted to come so I can refer back to it for follow up. If I write it down, I'll lose it.
Consider your Fest packet in the mail.
As to giving my email to someone who just popped up out of nowhere, about a subject that can be hashed out here-well, it makes me skittish.
As to the Manhattan location, I believe that is part of the draw for a lot of people. If you fly, or take a bus, it's easy to get there. The fare from the airport is a set rate by cab now, buses take you to Times Square, the center of it all. If you drive, it can be a pain to get there, but isn't always. Once you are there, there's no reason to drive anymore. You can drive to spots in NJ, or here in Pa, park, and take the bus as an alternative. I can kick out info on that.
Yes it costs more than most places, BUT IT'S NEW YORK!! The room service menu at the W wasn't a hell of a lot higher than the Clarion here in Allentown. I bought a Chimay Blue for $10 at a Deli on 8th. Not a bad price.
I've drank $4 bottles of Brooklyn Lager a few blocks from the brewery, and $1 Buds in Hell's Kitchen. You can spend a ton, but it's not a given. Tourism is way down. They need the $$$. Prices aren't bad if you look. I was talking to my friend Armani Johnny last night, and he said you can get a room at the hip and happenin' Hudson for $100/night.
If, a few months down the road, those that are definitely attending want to switch to somewhere else, fine. I'm putting myself as the facilitator of the group's wishes because I love these get togethers.
Didn't mean to shun you. Stick around.

I love NY,
El Liverino

By Illequipped on Sunday, January 27, 2002 - 01:28 pm: Edit

Louched Liver,
I thought it would be easier to communicate about the party by e-mail. No big deal either way. Since Grimm brought up the question of location, has anyone had second thoughts about New York? I mean Manhattan is a bitch to get in and out of, there is no parking and it's mighty expensive. Any possibilities of the suburbs or Jersey? Just a thought...(I don't know if I can go anyway, and I know I haven't been invited yet.)

By Louched_Liver on Sunday, January 27, 2002 - 11:34 am: Edit

Ill, 'e quipped,
Why do you need my e-mail?

Grimm,
You bring up a point I was waiting to toss out in a few months when the starstudded roster was more complete. But what the hell. Do you folks who want to come want to have us all at one central location, or have the Fest @ 1 location, and everyone fend for themselves for lodging? I will be happy to inquire about group rates, meeting rooms, blah, blah, blah, once we get closer to show time. But, I won't front any needed deposits for rooms, if any. Would if I could. What is the price range everyone is cozy w/if we hang in a bunch? I just got back from spending the night in the Starwood W Hotel Times Square. Fuckin' great place. Not cheap, not over the top for where it is. About $250 or so. New York still looked deserted, tourist wise. Prices may go up if they start coming back. Who knows?
I personally would prefer to have everyone/everything in one place. It would be logisticaly easier to hook up. After-parties and breakfast minglings would be a snap. Being New York, it isn't hard to get from anywhere in midtown Manhattan to anywhere else for those who wish to sight-see.
Any thoughts? Shit, chime in!

Your concierge,
L to the L

By Grimm on Sunday, January 27, 2002 - 10:57 am: Edit

I hear it's all about location!

So has anyone in New York made any serious efforts to reserve a burrow rooftop with some sofas?

What about persian rugs and big pillows?

We could technically just gather in some open area in central park. But then we'd need multiple rugs!

What kind of arrangements can we expect for that time of year.

We should definately have some kind of plan. Absinthe and McDonalds doesn't do it for me.

By Illequipped on Saturday, January 26, 2002 - 06:56 pm: Edit

Monsieur Foie Louchi (Louched Liver),
Can you put me on the list, too? Not much chance I can go, but who knows? A mid-west shindig would be easier to get to. By the way, what's your e-mail address?

By _Blackjack on Saturday, January 26, 2002 - 02:20 pm: Edit

never mind...that's the same day as our annual Freak Day at King's Dominon...

By Louched_Liver on Saturday, January 26, 2002 - 11:34 am: Edit

Updated VIP pit access card holders:

Absinthesque
Cheri
Pablo
Wolfgang
Rabid
Rimbaud
Tavarua
Mvario
Grimm
Pantagruel
Maldoror
Rashied

Let's consider the date locked in, barring national or personal tragedy, or unless majority veto. I'm still scouring the Forum for more FESTers.

Feeling like Gopher on the Love Boat,
Eel Eel

By Louched_Liver on Friday, January 25, 2002 - 07:09 pm: Edit

Mon Cheri amour,
I KNEW I could count on you!

Grimm,
How about a snappy fez too?

By Cheri on Friday, January 25, 2002 - 12:11 pm: Edit

Add me to your list. I can't say for certain so far in advance, but the intention is definitely there...

By Louched_Liver on Friday, January 25, 2002 - 03:21 am: Edit

Pablo,
You are penciled in as "Longest Travelling Member", which is in no way a reference to either Johnny Wadd or Long Dong Silver-you filthy bastards.
You may call be anything you wish, except late for my next shipment of Fairy Squeezin's.

Groggy from a great night of dreaming due to Wolvie's fine products,
Couple of words starting w/L kinda relating to the organ the liver

By Pablo on Friday, January 25, 2002 - 12:50 am: Edit

I'm in Louched. May I call you Lauched? Or is it Mr. Liver? In any case I think I could tear myself away from sunny California for a weekend of debauchery in New York.

(quickly placing more orders in anticipation)

By Grimm on Thursday, January 24, 2002 - 07:12 pm: Edit

non ilicitorum ben ineptiae
roughly translated from samoan latin:

don't let the bastards grind you down!

My attorney was full of latin. I could smell the ether in the filth ridden air of our New York suite, poor bastard! "Stop waiving that fountain! you crazy spaniard wretch! It's a gift from Henry the III'rd, can't you see the green glow!" I whipped him with my pant leg, which had managed to escape me earlier. Chasing those giant bats! They're after my turban I tell you! "Fuck off you filthy flying vermin! I'm a doctor of journalism!"
--excerpt from grimm's Fear and Loathing in New York!

By Louched_Liver on Thursday, January 24, 2002 - 07:06 pm: Edit

Updated celebrity list, Fairy Fest 2002, June 29:

Wolfgang
Rabid
Rimbaud
Tavarua
Mvario
Grimm
Pantagruel
Maldoror
Rashied

By Louched_Liver on Thursday, January 24, 2002 - 07:01 pm: Edit

Grimmster,
Super. Your press pass, drink tickets, and complimentary turban are on the way!

Junket building,
Thee Leevar

By Grimm on Thursday, January 24, 2002 - 06:08 pm: Edit

You can count me among the fellowship of la Fee!
I will do my absolute best to save that weekend from the work related travel schedule!

By Louched_Liver on Thursday, January 24, 2002 - 05:06 pm: Edit

Mike,

Gotcha!

Mike

By Mvario on Thursday, January 24, 2002 - 03:10 pm: Edit

Kind of far in advane to commit, but if it's in NY then I could be up for it.

By Louched_Liver on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 08:48 pm: Edit

Maldoror,
Your welcome.

Raschied,
Duly noted. You have access past the velvet rope.

By Raschied on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 08:43 pm: Edit

I can give a "definite maybe." Work keeps me traveling most of the time, and I get sent to Manhattan 4-5 times a year. If the cards are right....

By Maldoror on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 08:42 pm: Edit

Thank you Mr. Liver

By Louched_Liver on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 08:29 pm: Edit

Maldoror,
I'm putting you on the list for the doorman.

The Ian Schrager of the absinthe generation,
LL

By Maldoror on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 08:25 pm: Edit

The 29th is a very attractive number to me. I will definately let it be known if I am in fact going to be in N.Y. then. Thank you for welcoming me.

By Louched_Liver on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 08:01 pm: Edit

Maldoror,
29th of June work for you?

You drink absinthe? Yer welcome, then!

Feeling like Brooke Astor,
LL

By Tavarua on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 07:55 pm: Edit

Yessum, count me in. Might have to e-mail Pantagruel, he hasn't popped his head in for a while.

By Maldoror on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 07:55 pm: Edit

I may be in N.Y. for work in June. If so, and if welcome, I would love to attend. Until then I will attempt to consume enough Absinthe to change my status from FNG to FOG.

By Louched_Liver on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 07:35 pm: Edit

Update,
In so far for the Fairy Fest 2002:
Wolfgang
Mr. Rabid
Rimbaud
Louched Liver.

Tav, Pantagruel, Cheri, Grimm?
Anyone else?

By Krinkov on Monday, January 21, 2002 - 04:50 pm: Edit

HAHA! As I'm sure everyone knows I am also waiting for my first ever shipment. It has been 10 days and I am going mad. My GF wants to try it, but only because I am making such a big deal out of it I think. I'm not sure if she will ever reach my level of excitement. My quest for the Fairy has built up over a few years as I have said before, and the knowlege that it could be at my doorstep any minute causes strange audible hallucinations that resemble footsteps and the ringing of my doorbell. Today was my first day back to school and after my last class I walked to the car and looked at my watch "I still have time!" and the rush was on to beat the mailman. I got home with plenty of time and as I waited the "hallucinations" began. As the minutes passed I began to dream of the mailman walking up with that magical box. My GF called during all this and I snapped back to reality, if only for a short time. She asked me what I was going to do tonight and I gave her the response I have been giving everyone the past few days..."Depends on what the mailman brings me". Then I told her that if he didn't give me my box I would have to shove him down the steps, but then logic took over and I realized that would be the wrong thing to do....I mean, if I did that he would surely sabotage my shipment and all future shipments. Anyway she told me I had problems and maybe I do, but the only problem I care about right now is the fact that it isn't here yet....and that I didn't realize what day it is and that the mail wasn't going anywhere anyway.

By Louched_Liver on Monday, January 21, 2002 - 01:54 pm: Edit

Fairy Fest date changed to June 29.

By Louched_Liver on Monday, January 21, 2002 - 01:52 pm: Edit

"Seducing the Fairy for a Warm Squeeze" by Wolfgang.
Coming to a bookstore near you soon.

By Wolfgang on Monday, January 21, 2002 - 09:37 am: Edit

If she couldn't stand my maniacaly obsessive personnality, I think she would have left a long time ago...

So here I am, chasing fairies with my magic apparatus. You know, I put tons of herbs in a jar to bait them in... I also put strong alcohol in the jar so when they get in they get so drunk they can't fly away...

Then I cook them...But beware! I don't want to kill them, just to warm them a little to help them fly away in a long tube and down in the bottle! Trapped for my louchey pleasures!

I find this method more usefull than holding a fay by the neck trying to push her in the bottle like the Czech probably does.

By Pablo on Monday, January 21, 2002 - 07:59 am: Edit

Squeezing the fairy has long been a problem of mine. She threatened to break up with me for that too!

By Wolfgang on Monday, January 21, 2002 - 07:11 am: Edit

As previously said, I will try to be there if there's a NYC gathering. June 29-30 would be perfect for me because I have july 1st off and will probably stay one extra day in NYC to visit with my girlfriend. I would probably take friday off too so we could do it on friday or saturday.

Of course, it would be great to get our hand on a vintage bottle...

By Louched_Liver on Monday, January 21, 2002 - 06:54 am: Edit

Wolfgang,
I'm w/you. Of course the only absinthe my wife even remotely liked was Jade. When I'm dry, I call home every day from work to see if there was package for me. The doorman gets sick of us asking him if anything showed up as well.

"squeezing the fairy"-I love it.

Do you think you will make it down here for the Fairy Fest? I'd like to meet you.

By Wolfgang on Monday, January 21, 2002 - 06:35 am: Edit

"My girlfriends going to dump me 'cause I'm bouncing off the walls in anticipation! "

That seems to be one of the secondary effects... And that effect will get even worse if your girlfriend doesn't like the taste of absinthe.

...and I'm not even talking about monopolysing the kitchen for a whole day while "squeezing the fairy"... ;-)

By Petermarc on Monday, January 21, 2002 - 06:28 am: Edit

yes, but it is made differently (without a.a., i believe) for the american market...worth trying while you wait...

By Pablo on Monday, January 21, 2002 - 06:01 am: Edit

Interesting. Can versinthe be purchased domestically?

By Louched_Liver on Monday, January 21, 2002 - 05:56 am: Edit

I actually make Versinthe part of every order from SC now. Never would have tried it if we would not have had the Tri-State Soiree.

By Petermarc on Monday, January 21, 2002 - 05:54 am: Edit

or versinthe...

By Perruche_Verte on Monday, January 21, 2002 - 05:40 am: Edit

A good pastis is better than a bad absinthe.
Try Henri Bardouin or La Muse Verte.

By Louched_Liver on Monday, January 21, 2002 - 05:37 am: Edit

Gee, all I've got is N.S. Too bad.

By Pablo on Monday, January 21, 2002 - 05:35 am: Edit

Yeah, thats what I've been doing so far. I was hoping someone would say "oh, you poor guy! Here, I'll send you a bottle of La Fee from my personal stash!" But I guess that was a long shot huh?(;

By Louched_Liver on Monday, January 21, 2002 - 05:27 am: Edit

And not to forget Wolfgang's forays into makin' his own fairy squeezin's.

By Louched_Liver on Monday, January 21, 2002 - 05:23 am: Edit

Pastis is a poor substitute, but a sub non the less. At least it louches. Reading the Forum archives will help kill time while you are drinking your pastis. You'll get to know the regulars, and find out lots of absinthe info.
And catch some of Don's Greatest Fights.
And the now snoozing Head Prosthesis' injections of mirth and whimsy.

By Pablo on Monday, January 21, 2002 - 05:17 am: Edit

Ha! Thanks. Good to know I've found my kind of people! One question though. Does any one have any idea how to pass the time during the "7-10 days" that I have to wait for my order? My girlfriends going to dump me 'cause I'm bouncing off the walls in anticipation!

By Louched_Liver on Monday, January 21, 2002 - 05:11 am: Edit

Pablo,
Ah ha! I am enlightened. Of course newbies are welcome. Feel free to use profanity here to. We are open that kinda fuckin' shit.

Extending a hand of welcome,
LL

By Pablo on Monday, January 21, 2002 - 04:53 am: Edit

F***ING NEW GUY. Havn't been watching enough 'Nam movies lately?

By Louched_Liver on Monday, January 21, 2002 - 04:21 am: Edit

And "FNG" means?

By Pablo on Monday, January 21, 2002 - 02:19 am: Edit

Can FNG's join?

By Louched_Liver on Sunday, January 20, 2002 - 12:32 pm: Edit

Hello Rabid my pal,
That's two of us. Come to think of it, it was just us and Y the 1st hoedown.

Yours in mingling,
Louchey

By Mr_Rabid on Sunday, January 20, 2002 - 12:29 pm: Edit

A drink? Twist my arm :-)

By Louched_Liver on Saturday, January 19, 2002 - 12:09 pm: Edit

All of the Tri-State Soiree bunch (Tav, Rabid, Pantagruel, Cheri-who was there in spirit, and myself) have expressed interest in kickin' it again. These things are extremely slippery to get set up. 1st thing would be to nail down a date and get a rough idea of any interest. Picking a day, just to get the ball rolling-June 1 anyone?
If this is something you may want to attend, probably in the NYC, E. Pa. area due to the number of folks in this neck of the woods, toss a shout out up here.

Your social butterfly,
LL

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation