Absinthe survey !

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru January 2002:Absinthe survey !
By Verawench on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 01:34 pm: Edit

Long live hedonism and obscurity!

Welcome home, Alisoviejoguy.

By Alisoviejoguy on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 12:46 pm: Edit

Ok, thanks for clearing that up a bit for me. I can see what you are talking about now Artemis. Forgive my newbie mistake.

By Artemis on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 12:22 pm: Edit

Thank you Ted, for the reality bytes.

Vera: "That's ok, I don't think I mind"

As with most of your posts, the pleasure is all yours.

By Absinthesque2 on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 08:34 am: Edit

Larsand is my favorite commercial absinthe, followed by Serpis 65. I haven't had Segarra in a while, and my tastes change. I'm reconsidering Oxygenee, which I didn't care for at first due to the sugar content, but now I feel it has more in common with vintage than other modern brands, despite the sugar.

By Tabreaux on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 07:57 am: Edit

What Artemis is trying to say is:

This forum is like an extension of Kallisti's home. It is not a dealing den for bootleggers. This forum is better-known and more widely read then one might imagine. Simply put, it is not the place to publicly ask someone to hang their rear end out to dry.

Just some FYI.

By Wolfgang on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 07:06 am: Edit

Ali, I do not sell it and never will. My price would have to be too expensive anyway (count a total of 8h of work per litre and I don't work for less than 15$/hour... Add my overly taxed alcohol cost and a huge load of herbs and you got an exorbitant cost, you better buy a good La bleu from Betty).

I do it just to extend my personal knowledge of the drink and to share freely with my friends. If you come to the NYC gathering this summer, I will probably be there with a bottle or two and will be happy to pour you a glass for free.

By Verawench on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 07:05 am: Edit

"As usual, I'm not at all sure what the hell you're talking about"

That's ok, I don't think I mind.

By Artemis on Tuesday, January 22, 2002 - 10:48 pm: Edit

"Excuse Artemis"

I don't need an excuse, I don't need your intercession, and I stand by every word I wrote.

"Frankly, I try not to upset people who potentially know a thing or two about flying below the web's various radars."

As usual, I'm not at all sure what the hell you're talking about, and somehow I suspect it's not my fault. If I'm supposed to be the one doing the upsetting, I couldn't care less. If I'm posited as the one being upset (and even if I'm not) I can say without fear of contradiction that I've forgotten more about communications security than just about anybody here knows.

By Artemis on Tuesday, January 22, 2002 - 10:34 pm: Edit

"didn't realize that responding to this post would have had any conflict with another post i haven't read"

I wasn't talking about any other post. Would you normally walk into a room full of strangers and loudly ask if anybody has any X to sell? Substitute any illegal product for X. You do know that selling homemade liquor could land both the seller and buyer in prison in many countries? The questions Kallisti might have to answer would be from people who enforce such laws. I only mentioned Kallisti because assuming from your post that you don't give a shit about risk to yourself or Wolfgang, you might have some consideration for her. A play on your sympathy, as it were, because it's been my experience that with the reckless, an appeal to logic doesn't serve.

"I'm new here, give me a break"

I'm giving you one right now. I'm explaining what I consider to be the obvious.

"I did bring up a question to wolfgang, because of his earlier posts about his homemade attempts. Those threads I have gone through."

Lots of people have talked about such attempts here. Nobody, in the years I've been reading this forum, has EVER made a public offer to buy product from them.

"I wasn't aware that it would be regarded as the stupidest post you have seen."

It's not incumbent upon you to be aware of what way I might regard your post, but I reserve the right to say what I think about such a post. Even if I take back "stupid", it was certainly one of the most gauche, ill-considered posts I've seen here.

"Warm welcome!"

Compared to the welcome some have gotten here, you got the red carpet.

By Tabreaux on Tuesday, January 22, 2002 - 09:43 pm: Edit

FWIW, I voted for Hill's, if that gives any indication of what to expect from the results (worth a laugh and not much more).

By Perruche_Verte on Tuesday, January 22, 2002 - 09:23 pm: Edit

Hmm, Serpis is still in the lead, and Hill's is a surprise contender for third place.

Which leads me to believe there are a few cynical bastards out there.

By Verawench on Tuesday, January 22, 2002 - 08:41 pm: Edit

Frankly, I try not to upset people who potentially know a thing or two about flying below the web's various radars.

By Verawench on Tuesday, January 22, 2002 - 08:26 pm: Edit

Excuse Artemis.

I think he's forgotten his daily ration of breath mints *cough* government-sanctioned, ultra-secret anti-paranoia pills *cough* again.

By Alisoviejoguy on Tuesday, January 22, 2002 - 06:11 pm: Edit

Uh woah, alright artemis, Didn't realize that responding to this post would have had any conflict with another post i haven't read.

Im new here, give me a break.

Besides, bootleggers? For what? Pictures on her website? I don't understand.

I did bring up a question to wolfgang, because of his earlier posts about his homemade attempts. Those threads I have gone through.

I wasn't aware that it would be regarded as the stupidest post you have seen.

Warm welcome! :)

By Artemis on Tuesday, January 22, 2002 - 05:33 pm: Edit

Yes, by all means, you "surf" in by anonymous proxy while Kallisti, whose actual identity is no secret, is answering questions about her site being a clearinghouse for bootleggers. See, that last post qualifies as maybe the STUPIDEST SHIT I have ever seen posted here.

Another forum member expressed a concern about this very thing to me privately a few days ago and I thought maybe he was over-reacting. I was wrong. If you really want to ask a question like that, please have the common sense and respect for the rest of us to ask it PRIVATELY.

By Alisoviejoguy on Tuesday, January 22, 2002 - 04:49 pm: Edit

Why do that, when you can surf in via anonymous proxy? ;)

Hi wolfgang, have you had any more success making absinthe? You posted up about it before. Do you think you might reach a point where you would be willing to sell some that you have made?

By Mr_Rabid on Tuesday, January 22, 2002 - 02:56 pm: Edit

Most ISPs use dynamic IPs. Disconnect and reconnect :-P

By Wolfgang on Tuesday, January 22, 2002 - 01:49 pm: Edit

14 out of 26 prefer Serpis....Difficult to believe...

Head! Little monkey hacker! What have you done to my survey ? ! ;-)

(note ; this survey is supposed to block multiple vote from the same IP)

By Wolfgang on Tuesday, January 22, 2002 - 01:43 pm: Edit

Ho boy! 19 votes in about 15 min!

If you answered "not on the list", please tell us what's your favorite absinthe here.

By Wolfgang on Tuesday, January 22, 2002 - 01:33 pm: Edit

Ok, I just installed a small pool asking what's your favorite commercially available absinthe brand. This is a "free pool service" so I could only ask one question with a choice of 30 possibles answers. Anyway, it's just for fun.

Please do not answer this survey if you have not tasted a minimum of 3 brands (listed or not).

Absinthe pool

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation