Sebor review

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru January 2002:Sebor review
By Mr_Rabid on Thursday, January 24, 2002 - 03:17 pm: Edit

Sebor from Kyle showed sedimentation. It's still in the bottom of the empty bottle.

By Wolfgang on Thursday, January 24, 2002 - 05:39 am: Edit

done

By Aion on Thursday, January 24, 2002 - 05:00 am: Edit

Wolfgang,
maybe you overread my post in the Segarra-thread,
can you please email me your
postal + email address.
Cheers
A.

By Wolfgang on Thursday, January 24, 2002 - 04:54 am: Edit

The czech have their own definition of "naturally colored"...

By Aion on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 10:15 pm: Edit

Sebor is surely not colored traditionally.
I bought 2 bottles 12 month ago, one was kept
in darkness, one in (not direct) sunlight.
Both still have the same color and there
was NO sedimentation.

By Traineraz on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 08:01 pm: Edit

The bottle of Sebor Strong I purchased was from seborabsinth.hypermart.net, a link in the buyer's guide of this site. If it's not a legitimate Sebor product, perhaps that link should be removed?

Meanwhile, I have a lovely $65 bottle of bitter green rubbing alcohol. Anybody want to buy it? It'd be great at the hospital for St. Patty's Day!

By Verawench on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 07:22 pm: Edit

It's a-comin. I'll actually upload the album to my website.

And oh, doesn't he sing like a sad archangel?

By Wolfgang on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 06:54 pm: Edit

Aion, your mix is wicked wicked wicked!

Maybe it's just another green fairy trick that won't work again tomorrow but it's been a long time since I had felt the "effect" so much... (after 3 oz of that mix).

Unfortunatly it makes the macerated taste of Sebor comes out more clearly... not too bad doo...

Wolf-eyes wide open!

I want to dance! Vera, where is this FTP link to Veljanov's holyvoice you promised me ?

By Verawench on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 11:23 am: Edit

Yep, it would put a unique twist on the Quest.

What I'd really like is some sort of "Jade Journey" written for the site. By Don, perhaps, since he's such a great storyteller.

By Wolfgang on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 10:55 am: Edit

Someone should pay a visit to M.Sebor and add his report to the Emerald Quest.

By Tabreaux on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 08:19 am: Edit

"If they do such a coloration step, they probably also add some chemical to make it hold in this low alcohol solution."

FWIW, I am fairly certain the 'coloring step' for Sebor can be purchased from the shelves of better supermarkets.

By Wolfgang on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 07:48 am: Edit

By the way, the price is prohibitive. Including shipping to Canada, it cost me 127 can$ for 500ml ... For the big 1500ml bottle it would have been 300 can$. I will not buy it again for this reason. It was for educational purpose only. If i have 300$ to spend on absinthe, I will save it for an eventual shared vintage... or Jade.

By Aion on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 07:14 am: Edit

Wolfgang:
Mix
60-70% Sebor
30-40% Segarra
Not bad IMO
A.

By Wolfgang on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 06:46 am: Edit

(sorry I couln't post it in the Sebor thread because of the corrupted tree file...)

Yesterday I went to pick up my bottle of Sebor 55 from SeborAbsinth.com .

First of all I have to clarify something. I previously got a bottle of Sebor Strong from "czechabsinth.com". It smelled like rubbing alcohol and I didn't wish to taste it ever. Some people left a doubt in my mind doo because they where praising it. i also got an email from Kyle who told me Sebor Strong was just a scam. That's why I finally bough a little 500ml square bottle from the above UK link.

Sebor 55 review

They shipped through Purolator. It was professionally packaged with preformed styrofoam. I ordered on January 16 and it was here in Montreal on January 21. I also got an invoice by mail.

I opened the bottle to smell it. Surprise! It doesn't smelll like rubbing alcohol ! I'm now sure it's not the same product as the one form czechabsinth ... I poured half a dose over ice and tasted it straight. It's herbal, a little bit lemony with an odd licorice taste. Anis is way back in the background. I can detect a legetimate amount of Artemisia absinthium but I also think they use some of it in the coloration step (or maybe another variety of artemisia, difficult to tell) because there's also a small hint of macerated wormwood taste in there (they must use a very small quantity doo because it's still enjoyable to drink). If they do such a coloration step, they probably also add some chemical to make it hold in this low alcohol solution.

I then added water over 1/2 sugar cube. It louched, weakly but it does. I recommend to keep the bottle cold and use lots of ice. It's a refreshing drink. I taste a small hint of "overcooked" but at least it makes me believe this stuff is distilled. To be honest, I had 3 glass of it last night. I like it. It's not perfect but it's worthy to be sampled at least once. Beat me up if you want but I now adjust my favorite commercial absinthe trio to : Segarra, Serpis 65 and Sebor 55.

Wolf.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation