Place your bet on Jade's release date

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru January 2002:Place your bet on Jade's release date
By Petermarc on Saturday, January 26, 2002 - 10:05 am: Edit

you may have to contact segerra directly or ask SC about it...

By Rudolf on Saturday, January 26, 2002 - 09:51 am: Edit

Does anyone know of an on-line shop that sells Segerra gin? I'd love to try it, but I didn't see it listed @ SC last time I checked.. and I have no clue where else to look.

By Don_Walsh on Friday, January 25, 2002 - 09:22 am: Edit

Hmmm, you're right. Fooled me. It's pretty thin but tough, doesn't feel like plastic and the sound you get when you flick a fingernail against it is like glass. Neat process.

By Wolfgang on Friday, January 25, 2002 - 08:27 am: Edit

"etched into the glass"

Wrooong! Once I tryed to clean an an empty bottle to fill it with hausgematche and sadly found out the color and the etching is some kind of cheap plastic film covering the clear glass bottle... If you heat the bottle, you can peel it off.

It's probably way cheaper than using real blue colored glass.

By Don_Walsh on Friday, January 25, 2002 - 03:19 am: Edit

MM hired Herbert West to get the color right. In the trade it's known as Hanford Cherenkov #2. I always wear a dosimeter around it.

By Petermarc on Friday, January 25, 2002 - 03:15 am: Edit

try segerra's gin...exceptional!

By Don_Walsh on Friday, January 25, 2002 - 03:13 am: Edit

Bombay Sapphire is the only gin we keep around here, my wife likes gin.

And Artemis is quite correct, it's water white. The bottles are quite neat though, not only for the pale blue but for the botanicals cut or etched into the glass.

By Destiny on Thursday, January 24, 2002 - 09:33 pm: Edit

It's just the bottle that's blue? I never looked that close. Next you're gonna tell me that Mari Mayans isn't colored naturally!

By Artemis on Thursday, January 24, 2002 - 08:32 pm: Edit

"I haven't had the pleasure of Bombay Saphire but it does look cool in the bottle."

It looks exactly like any other gin, that is to say, like water. It's only the bottle that's blue. But it is very good gin. If you like gin. Junipero Gin, made in the U.S. by the same man who runs the Anchor Steam brewery in San Fran, always draws rave reviews.

By Perruche_Verte on Thursday, January 24, 2002 - 06:01 pm: Edit

Destiny, if you're considering Wolvie, do give him a try. I was doubtful earlier, but I think he had nothing to do with the wait. And it's good.

By Destiny on Thursday, January 24, 2002 - 03:22 pm: Edit

OK then, Bastille Day it is!

$30,000 for pre-release Jade, huh? Are you sure that you're not going through Betina? Just joking around, Betty.

:-)

By Destiny on Thursday, January 24, 2002 - 02:49 pm: Edit

Hi Wolfgang:

I haven't had the pleasure of Bombay Saphire but it does look cool in the bottle. I'll give it a try. The $100 Deva price I mentioned was just an example of someone purchasing it "locally" in the US. For the spanish, sc is definitely the way to go. I've been wanting to give wolvie a try but decided to wait until more orders started actually showing up.

By _Blackjack on Thursday, January 24, 2002 - 02:48 pm: Edit

It's more like 2 bottles of Deva for $100 from SC, now that their shipping prices have gone up.

By Artist on Thursday, January 24, 2002 - 02:18 pm: Edit

My bet is the summer solstice. (Notice I didn't mention which year *grin*)...

By Don_Walsh on Thursday, January 24, 2002 - 01:36 pm: Edit

Allons! enfants de la Patria, la jour de gloire et arrive!...

Well, LOTS of people were released on Bastille Day.

My access to pre release Jade only costs me about $30,000 so far. Lucky bastard that I am. And about same to go, yet.

By Wolfgang on Thursday, January 24, 2002 - 01:23 pm: Edit

It`s like wine. You usualy need to taste some regular one before being able to fully appreciate a great expensive premium wine. That`s why I served some regular absinthes before we began tasting Jade`s when Ted came to Montreal. That way everybody could understand the difference.

By the way, every damn time I meet one of the guys who was there, they always ask me if I have some news about Ted and his absinthes so I guess it was a good investment ;-).

By Heiko on Thursday, January 24, 2002 - 12:59 pm: Edit

Since I have tried some better absinthe I know what they are like, but I don't need to drink them constantly. For a nice drink here and there the Spanish are ok for me, I take something better when I can afford it and on special occasions only.
If I had Jade now, I'd still have some cheaper stuff around (I guess Jade won't be that cheap because there's a lot of effort going into it and it's a small scale hand-crafted product).

I'd never take a bottle of Jade to a party and share it with people who tell me after two glasses that they liked Hill's better because they don't like anise (I'm not sure if that could happen, but you never know...)

By Wolfgang on Thursday, January 24, 2002 - 12:37 pm: Edit

By the way...Good old Bombay saphir gin tonic is a nice and simple waiting drink... Cheap, no risk, and you can drink it like water while piling your cash for better stuff.

By Wolfgang on Thursday, January 24, 2002 - 12:31 pm: Edit

There`s no reason to pay 100$ for a bottle of Deva... You should be able to get 3 bottles at that price (from SC)

By Destiny on Thursday, January 24, 2002 - 12:10 pm: Edit

Hi Don:

I understand you and Ted's situation and accept that we will all just have to wait.

However, I think that one of the reasons why we are so anxious is because most of us do not have access to $30 La Bleue (or pre-release Jade) like you do (lucky bastard!) Shelling out $100 for Deva or $80-$200 a bottle for a La Bleue is tough to justify, especially with the prospect of Jade just around the corner.

My vote is that it will be released on Bastille Day.

By Don_Walsh on Thursday, January 24, 2002 - 04:26 am: Edit

Posted twice because Admin's software is all fucked up.

By Artist on Thursday, January 24, 2002 - 02:07 am: Edit

Posted twice just to be sure we receive the message...

By Don_Walsh on Thursday, January 24, 2002 - 01:52 am: Edit

Things are moving forward very deliberately, and very relentlessly. Ted and I have a milestone plan. There are no technical problems left to resolve, all of that is done. There are merely mundane matters of business, finance, licenses, etc. plus the truly amorphous world of international e-commerce credit card merchant account application processes, website integration etc.

I am not going to give an estimate of launch, because (a) Ted doesn't want me to, (b) it's a jinx to do so based on the last few times we tried, (c) I don't want to spoil your fun.

This operation is taking 2.5 times as long as I originally expected, and costing 2.5 times what I originally planned. On the other hand we will have four or five initial products instead of two, and we have not had to compromise Ted's vision of quality, authenticity and presentation in any way.

Believe me, we are moving forward, and no one is more anxious to see the launch date arrive than we are. No one.

By Don_Walsh on Thursday, January 24, 2002 - 01:49 am: Edit

Things are moving forward very deliberately, and very relentlessly. Ted and I have a milestone plan. There are no technical problems left to resolve, all of that is done. There are merely mundane matters of business, finance, licenses, etc. plus the truly amorphous world of international e-commerce credit card merchant account application processes, website integration etc.

I am not going to give an estimate of launch, because (a) Ted doesn't want me to, (b) it's a jinx to do so based on the last few times we tried, (c) I don't want to spoil your fun.

This operation is taking 2.5 times as long as I originally expected, and costing 2.5 times what I originally planned. On the other hand we will have four or five initial products instead of two, and we have not had to compromise Ted's vision of quality, authenticity and presentation in any way.

Believe me, we are moving forward, and no one is more anxious to see the launch date arrive than we are. No one.

By Louched_Liver on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 09:08 pm: Edit

Vera Wang Envy,
No, unlike you, full sized.

By Verawench on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 09:06 pm: Edit

Is your wife a midget?

By Louched_Liver on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 09:03 pm: Edit

Vera,
"Bonsai kittens"=Little pussies under your chin?

By Verawench on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 08:52 pm: Edit

They're bonsai kittens.

By Heiko on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 08:05 pm: Edit

Vera, how are you gonna fit that 20 cats under your chin hair? ;-)

By Heiko on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 08:04 pm: Edit

I told you before, Jade reminds me so much of Duke Nukem Forever ;-)

Quote:

There is no release date set, we are not taking pre-orders for the game. End of story.

Once we begin taking pre-orders, believe us, you'll know about it. :-)

The release date of this game is "When it's done". Anything else, and we mean anything else is someone's speculation. There is no date. We don't know any date. If you have a friend who claims they have "inside info", or there's some game news site, or some computer store at the mall who claims they know - they do not. They are making it up. There is no date. Period.

Maybe it isn't that bad at all if Jade is not released until I have a good job (which will be "when it's done" LOL).

By Verawench on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 07:15 pm: Edit

I'm betting on my retirement. I'll be a drunken old lady with 20 cats and things living in my chin hair.

By Verawench on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 07:14 pm: Edit

" for one will be in line as soon as the release is announced, but more and more it seems as timely as the supposed return of Christ"

You know, sometimes optimism is truly sickening.

By Mvario on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 06:33 pm: Edit

I'll go wit May 17... to coincide with the release of Starwars Episode II

By Artemis on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 04:01 pm: Edit

I'd like to see it on the Equinox (21st March).

By Don_Walsh on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 03:13 pm: Edit

Ask Ted, he handles marketing. But I won't kick.

By Scoobydoo on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 03:09 pm: Edit

Damn...it didn't post my date...

Do we get a free bottle if we are right?? :)

My prediction:

March 1st.

By Don_Walsh on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 03:00 pm: Edit

Oh, ye of little faith!

By Joalco on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 02:39 pm: Edit

If I'm not mistaken, this pool has been done before... And we're still waiting to see. I for one will be in line as soon as the release is announced, but more and more it seems as timely as the supposed return of Christ.

By Chevalier on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 12:13 pm: Edit

The winner will receive a short-lived sense of smug satisfaction.

One bet per person, please. Ted, Don, and others with inside information are not eligible to participate.

My bet is: June 27, 2002.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation