Oxygenee in germany?

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru February 2002:Oxygenee in germany?
By Mvario on Monday, April 15, 2002 - 04:33 pm: Edit

I'm usually the last to find anything out, so I'm sure most of you know this, but for any newbie types like me, (Mr. out-of-the-loop)...

If you live in the US and would like to try Oxygénée, Pernod 68, or Kübler...

These folks say they are now shipping to the states.

www.lafeeverte.de

By Perruche_Verte on Wednesday, February 20, 2002 - 12:19 pm: Edit

From Markus of lafeeverte.de:

"I have already had some difficulties shipping stuff to the U.S. cause it's illegal to ship spirits. So sorry!!!"

Why are these Germans such pantywaists?

By Heiko on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 08:16 pm: Edit

...at least he mentions the French wine industry and the prohibitionists as the real reason for the ban on absinthe. I don't believe any other commercial website does that (except Tabu/Rautter maybe).

By Crosby on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 07:33 pm: Edit

The description of Pernod absinthe on calvados.de site is pretty funny. I believe it translates as " the poison green color makes one think..."

By Heiko on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 08:58 am: Edit

I have already told the guy from calvados.de about the Absente-mislabelling. He answered that he only wrote what the producer told him. I think he's not really interested in absinthe (look at the cognac and calvados he sells, then you know what his interests are!)

I don't think Absente is of such a high quality as pastis neither - it has that pungent sweet licorice taste. H.B. pastis is much better.

Oxygenee in Germany, that's nice. But 38 Euro plus shipping for 0.7l?
Forget it...

"it paled next to vintage pernod fils and ted's pernod fils clone..."
Wouldn't everything pale in comparison?

By Petermarc on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 08:30 am: Edit

i believe 'pernod 68°' absinthe is absinthe, albeit, not the absinthe it should/could have been...start with artificial color, and then go to flavor...really, a souped-up oxygénée without sugar...maybe not as good...i only have a small sample and it paled next to vintage pernod fils and ted's pernod fils clone...

By Lmarchegrisiste on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 07:50 am: Edit

That Absente is categorized as absinthe instead of high proof pastis should make people suspicious of what is being sold as Absinthe Pernod. One other thing that I have noticed in support of Absente being a good quality but miscategorized product is that Absente and H. Bardouin are both made by the same company.

By _Blackjack on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 03:01 am: Edit

Er, sorry, meant to put in the link there:

http://www.calvados.de/home.htm?sortiment/absinth.html

By _Blackjack on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 12:26 am: Edit

I just did a Google search on "absinth frankreich", and came up with several sites saying they would have the new Pernod Absinthe soon, and one which seems to have it now.

Anyway, it looks like the absinthe market in Germany is booming.

By Perruche_Verte on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 12:08 am: Edit

Ooh la la - check out the La Fee Verte poster...

http://www.lafeeverte.de/Shop/index.asp?sid=18633s216U243N158k73w19W02c2002q08o58f08

By Crosby on Monday, February 18, 2002 - 10:20 pm: Edit

Another German site has Oxygenee.

http://www.lafeeverte.de/

I don't know if they will ship to the USA yet.

By Destiny on Monday, February 18, 2002 - 09:48 pm: Edit

Damn, why can't we get Oxygenee in the US for under $150???

I can get preteen midget mud-wrestling but can't get LaFee or Oxygenee! The world is screwed up I tell ya.

By Crosby on Monday, February 18, 2002 - 06:29 pm: Edit

I emailed them to ask if they would ship to the USA and received a two word answer: "SORRY, NO". I guess I'll have to have my cousin in Hamburg get me some and pay to ship it twice.

By Alphasoixante on Wednesday, January 23, 2002 - 02:57 pm: Edit

this german site says it will be selling oxygenee in february:

http://www.eabsinth.de/

i dont know if they ship outside of germany. perhaps someone who can read german could find out from the info on the site, or by emailing them...

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation