Degrees of Dilution

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru January 2002:Degrees of Dilution
By Petermarc on Friday, January 25, 2002 - 05:54 pm: Edit

it's a taste thing, you just gotta try different ratios yourself...start with a small ratio and then pour water at small intervals until you like it...(does this need to be explained? looks like you already figured it out)

By Traineraz on Friday, January 25, 2002 - 12:04 am: Edit

Hi, folks!

My very first taste of absinthe was Deva, at the "traditional" 5:1 water:absinthe ratio. I found it rather watery, and a friend described it as "water with Aqua-Fresh."

While I'm not a fan of "strong" drinks (I usually only taste alcohol even in wines), I've found that Deva (to me) tastes best at about 2.5 :1, and Serpis best at about 3:1. Hmm, guess that makes my pumpkin orange-louched Serpis more cost-effective, eh?

I wonder if anyone else has had a similar experience? Are these brands just particularly mild?

In case you were wondering -- and I KNOW you were -- in my estimation Sebor Strong tastes best at a ratio of 1:0. :)

Before anyone else says it, yep, I can be a smartass. Better a smartass than a dumbass, no?

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation