Texas Gathering

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru February 2002:Texas Gathering
By Joalco on Friday, February 08, 2002 - 03:58 pm: Edit

Yes, yes, yes, the gathering is still being planned... A head count / roll call / date suggestion would help us out, Eric and I can help with accomodations. Between our two houses, there should be plenty of room for anyone who needs a place to stay.

By Pikkle on Friday, February 08, 2002 - 03:52 pm: Edit

It's been moved to Schenectady that last time I checked... or was that Scranton... shit, can't remember now... too... much... absinthe...

By Scanion on Friday, February 08, 2002 - 03:49 pm: Edit

Is the Texas Gathering still being planned? If yes, please add me to the list.

By Sarcosis on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 - 07:24 am: Edit

I was planning on visiting Austin somewhere at the begining or mid of March this coming year. After the ski trip. I have many friends in austin from the days I once lived there. Scratching my way from sleping in the alley to couches to a bed to my own apt. Historic Austin is to me. Sounds like a fine place to met and enjoy some green's.

I usually rent a car for my trips to austin so as not to put many miles on my personal car. If anyone in the DFW area wishes to ride with; You are welcome to accompany.

By Joalco on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 - 06:01 am: Edit

Okay folks. I spoke with Eric at length yesterday evening.

First up, there will be a small Austin gathering Saturday late afternoon / early evening before we adjourn to the Janeane Garofalo show. Email me for further info.

Secondly, Eric (who can't access the board as of right now) suggested his home as the location of the Texas gathering. Austin's pretty much middle ground for Houston, Dallas, Satantonio, and wherever else you good folks may be coming from. Any ideas on when a good date might be?

By Maddog on Tuesday, January 29, 2002 - 10:33 am: Edit

I'm in Houston and I'd love to attend an absinthe gathering. What do you have in mind, Rupert?

By Sarcosis on Tuesday, January 29, 2002 - 06:30 am: Edit

Seeing as how There are multiple ways to become intoxicated. I decided that the lower alcohol ones would be best for me. I purchased the Serpis 55. Could always mix the with something to increase the content.

By Wolfgang on Tuesday, January 29, 2002 - 05:15 am: Edit

I don't like to pay huge shipping fee for water so bring on the strong one!

By Artist on Monday, January 28, 2002 - 05:50 pm: Edit

Oh well, until I tasted a good single malt scotch, I was happy with Canadian Dew...

(Deva and Serpis are good places to start - nice and different...)

Which Serpis did you order? (...Some people like the 65 better.)

By Verawench on Monday, January 28, 2002 - 04:51 pm: Edit

Polite, too...

By Sarcosis on Monday, January 28, 2002 - 04:28 pm: Edit

Thank you Peter.

By Petermarc on Monday, January 28, 2002 - 03:55 pm: Edit

i like your attitude...

By Sarcosis on Monday, January 28, 2002 - 03:45 pm: Edit

I just took the chance that this would be an acceptable taste and amount of an order to last me a few months.
Also there are many people that would enjoy it also. Why be selfish. I will have plenty to share.
Also as it stands I have no comparison other than the two. So I am betting it will taste just fine.

I also enjoyed your posts, Artist for your reviews of the types that you had tried.

By Artist on Monday, January 28, 2002 - 03:09 pm: Edit

Hmmm...

Four of one kind, two of another...and never having tasted anything?

(Must know something I don't...)

By Sarcosis on Monday, January 28, 2002 - 02:29 pm: Edit

I am TFNG in Dallas area.
Just sent off an order for 6 bottle
4 Deva 50% and 2 sepris.

Iwould be interested in meeting up with other in the dallas area at some time.

Well after my first tasting of course.

By Wolfgang on Monday, January 28, 2002 - 05:42 am: Edit

I hope we will have the chance to share the fay in New York with some of our Texan friends...

By Thegreenimp on Friday, January 25, 2002 - 11:13 pm: Edit

You know you can count me in.
Jay

By Alarick on Friday, January 25, 2002 - 04:30 pm: Edit

I'm in Dallas and I would be interested in a gathering in the Texas area..

By Rupert1029 on Friday, January 25, 2002 - 04:17 pm: Edit

I haven't posted nor read posts in several months. There were several Houston and Austin posters when I was active here. Looking to get some interest in a Texas, and maybe Louisiana gathering ?
Any interest ?

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation