Brotherhood Of The Wolf

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru February 2002:Brotherhood Of The Wolf
By Bjacques on Tuesday, February 05, 2002 - 06:28 pm: Edit

I saw it on tape and was blown away. I want to see it on a big screen! Great historical context and great lady's fan-fu at the end.

By Bjacques on Monday, January 28, 2002 - 01:13 pm: Edit

I've been meaning to see it here in Amsterdam. It may still be in some theaters. A friend of mine saw it and liked it a lot.

By _Blackjack on Monday, January 28, 2002 - 12:37 pm: Edit

One of my favorie reviews:

"Why no one has previously made a period costume horror martial-arts werewolf movie before is a mystery, but I expect plenty of imitations in the future."

I liked it a lot. It was very satisfying.

By Petermarc on Monday, January 28, 2002 - 01:56 am: Edit

one of the biggest blockbusters in france in many years...

By Krinkov on Sunday, January 27, 2002 - 09:13 pm: Edit

T & A? Well I might have to check it out then

By Marccampbell on Sunday, January 27, 2002 - 08:47 pm: Edit

BROTHERHOOD OF THE WOLF is a wonderfully twisted French film that comes on like an explosion in the genre factory. It takes place in 18th century France and combines martial arts action with werewolves, a sorceror prostitute, a peyote eating shaman, a secret Catholic cult, Texas Chainsaw style gore effects, a middle eastern music soundtrack, kinky sex and alot of t&a.
Its delirously over-the-top and should find favor with most of my fellow forumites. If you like Hammer Films, Anne Rice and chop socky flicks, you'll dig this fun film.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation