How long is too long?

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru January 2002:How long is too long?
By Baz on Monday, February 04, 2002 - 02:43 pm: Edit

If they rank by price, I guess Bettina...

By Baz on Monday, February 04, 2002 - 12:32 pm: Edit

SC is going to reship my order today! I wonder... since there is a "dead letter" room @ the post office,do you think there may be a "dead absinthe" room as well? A place for all those lost SC orders, bettina elixers, and wolfie bottles to rest and age before being sold at auction or taken home by employees?
Would the packages in such an office have an heirarchy? If so, what would it be based on? Quality? Would wolfie's shipments come first? Or maybe Sebor and Absinthe King would bully the other boxes around.

By Baz on Tuesday, January 29, 2002 - 06:51 am: Edit

I'm not really complaining, I just wanted some kind of time frame that would either justify my impatience or soothe it...
I'm glad that wolvie's deliveries came through, I may have to order from him soon. Thanks for the input!

By Don_Walsh on Monday, January 28, 2002 - 11:20 pm: Edit

I was commenting about the past, and projecting into the future, NOT saying anything about Jade.

But I think Federico gave good advice. See below.

The WOT may settle down, but the December holiday season mail and shipping crunch will always be there to mess things up from Dec 1 to Jan 15 or so.

People who ignore this simple fact, then kvetch about long delivery times, are like kids who put their hands in a flame and then complain about getting burned. Momma and Daddy told them!

By Destiny on Monday, January 28, 2002 - 11:15 pm: Edit

Hi Don,

Hmmmm... so then I would surmise that Jade will not be released too close to December, lest a shipping nightmare. (There just has to be some sort of code or subliminal slips in your posts.)

:-)

By Don_Walsh on Monday, January 28, 2002 - 02:51 pm: Edit

Every end of year holiday season for as long as I've been around this forum there have always been shipping problems.

This year compounded by the WOT.

Simple conclusion: follow Federico's advice and don't order in December. Or first half of January.

I notice now that SC deliveries are only taking a week.

QED

By Pikkle on Monday, January 28, 2002 - 02:08 pm: Edit

And to all you doubters out there... back in the begining of December I placed two orders with SC about a week apart. The first arrived within ten days no problem. The second which I will admit I forgot about never came. Then about mid January I recieved an email from Cristina that stated the package had been returned to them for some unknown reason and that one of the bottles I had ordered was broken. It was a bottle of cachaça they no longer carried unfortunately. Not only did she go to the lengths of replacing the broken bottle with another one of my choosing, she went to the trouble of contacting me asking why I hadn't inquired about the missing shipment then sent the whole kit and kaboodle back to me with no extra charges. So just take a look at the shipping terms for most companies out there and you'll see they state that they are not responsible for missing or damaged items once they've shipped your package. No matter how painful you like to assume the recent price increase was, you'll not beat SC's terms. I recieved this replacement package about ten minutes ago and everything is intact and as ordered. You can't go wrong with SC!!! To hell with you detractors, to slimey stinky licorice-y Absente hell with you!

By Pikkle on Monday, January 28, 2002 - 01:58 pm: Edit

Ew, that's kinda gay...

By Louched_Liver on Monday, January 28, 2002 - 01:40 pm: Edit

Pikkle, Pikkle
My funny bone you tickle!

By Destiny on Monday, January 28, 2002 - 01:13 pm: Edit

Hey Baz -

After LL's comment about your profile, I decide to take a look too. Funny comment about your fav absinthe, spoken like a true attorey. Now, answer the question mister or you will be held in contempt!!

:-)

By Pikkle on Monday, January 28, 2002 - 01:12 pm: Edit

Mine never lasts that long on the shelf... it looks damn fine in my porcelain bowl though!

By Webfly on Monday, January 28, 2002 - 12:08 pm: Edit

I'm still waiting for an order placed in November-Actually, part of a 10- bottle order (I was warned). Most of it came within less than 2 weeks. Why did it have to be my Segarra????

So, Cristina will be re-sending it. (I should get some kind of award for waiting as I have for the Fairy;if you read the La Bleue thread, you will see why.)

So, things could be worse. In the meantime, order some more, just think how good your shelf will look when everything arrives.

By Louched_Liver on Monday, January 28, 2002 - 11:53 am: Edit

Whoops!!!!!!!!
Honeymoon, not wedding.
Better read slower.
Sorry!!!!

By Louched_Liver on Monday, January 28, 2002 - 11:52 am: Edit

Baz,
I'm w/Wolfgang. Come to the motherload of single women and shop for a replacement whilst inspired the Fairy.

By Wolfgang on Monday, January 28, 2002 - 11:27 am: Edit

Well then come drown your pain in the green sea.

Mother LaFee will comfort you.

By Baz on Monday, January 28, 2002 - 10:39 am: Edit

I've already contacted them, and was told that this wasn't unusual. I don't much think I'll get this one, though...
I hope they are still as good with replacements as they were before the price hike.
I might like to come to the fest, but I have to see my schedule. I have an extra airline ticket, thanks to a canceled honeymoon.

By Pikkle on Monday, January 28, 2002 - 10:04 am: Edit

i've had to wait anywhere from 7 days to five weeks... all depends on the mood of the post office.

By Louched_Liver on Monday, January 28, 2002 - 09:42 am: Edit

Baz,
I see in your profile that you are waiting to try all absinthes before picking a favorite. Come to Fairy Fest 2002 June 29, and you'll more than likely put a good dent in what's available.

By Louched_Liver on Monday, January 28, 2002 - 09:39 am: Edit

Kallisti,

What's goin' on hot momma?

Lecherous Liver

By Admin on Monday, January 28, 2002 - 09:38 am: Edit

that is long ... but I believe it has happened before. contact them, they will work it on out for you.

By Louched_Liver on Monday, January 28, 2002 - 09:37 am: Edit

Baz,
Contact Cristina @ SC by email. Looks like yours is lost. They'll replace it if it is.
Bummer.

By Baz on Monday, January 28, 2002 - 09:33 am: Edit

Who holds the record for the longest wait for a shipment from SC? I ask because my order is 30 days from the date it was confirmed shipped, and I just can't stand it anymore!

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation