Hello :)

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru January 2002:Hello :)
By Drbeer on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 - 10:15 pm: Edit

I think I shall order a bottle of la Bleue and green from Wolvie. Possibly a bottle of Segarra as well for comparison. I'll let you all know my first impressions as soon as I receive my orders.

By Verawench on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 - 08:47 am: Edit

I think Tim Burton's aliens from "Mars Attacks" have taken over Petermarc's body.

By Petermarc on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 - 08:06 am: Edit

gack

By Wolfgang on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 - 08:04 am: Edit

Ya, as long as you replace the filter every once in a while it should be perfect. The problem with those tap water filter is that most people forget to replace the filter and it becomes a nest of bacteria.

By Petermarc on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 - 08:01 am: Edit

i find a good tap-based water filter works well and is easier to deal with...(after all, it was spring water, in the first place)

By Wolfgang on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 - 07:53 am: Edit

I buy spring water in 18L bottles. It cost maybe about 3us$. It`s well worth the cost. I even make my coffee with it. No chlorine for me please.

By Petermarc on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 - 07:39 am: Edit

gack

By Chrysippvs on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 - 07:25 am: Edit

In Jackson, we have caramel colored, water flavored chlorine. Just like Homer said, "If it's brown drink it down, if it's black send it back."

By Petermarc on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 - 07:18 am: Edit

ah ha! i have definitely found a correlation with that geographic/sociographic element!

By Aion on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 - 07:08 am: Edit

The water, no!
The boring town, maybe.

By Petermarc on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 - 07:03 am: Edit

the secret to your success?
paris tap water comes from a spring, also, but after the chlorine dip, tastes like a diluted swimming pool...(on top of the visible amounts of calcium)

By Aion on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 - 07:01 am: Edit

Cheapest fountain?
I´m in the glad position to say, that
the tap water in my home town is better than
almost every bottled water.
(Unfortunately one of the very few positive
things I can say about my hometown).
A.

By Petermarc on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 - 06:53 am: Edit

try a short, wide airline glass...if you can drill a small hole in it, you have something almost identical to the french individual glass dripper...

By Wolfgang on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 - 06:47 am: Edit

Hummm...An almost perfect introduction...Very flame proof, I`m impress.

''get a fountain that does not cost $300''

Tou mean 3000 ? ;-)

The cheapest way is to build yourself a glass dripper. You can just use a small plastic bowl and drill a tiny hole at the bottom. Not very stylish but it cost nothing and it works.

I also found some cheap glasswork that perfectly fit over my big glass, I drilled a hole in it but I didn`t have a good drill and when I washed it under hot water it broke. I will try it again with a better drill and if it works, I will post a picture.

By Artist on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 - 03:33 am: Edit

Good morning, Don.

(Damned double post...)

By Artist on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 - 03:32 am: Edit

Good Morning, Don.

By Don_Walsh on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 - 03:15 am: Edit

La Bleu comes from Switzerland, there is good, there is indifferant, and there is maybe bad. It is bootleg from many sources.

Segarra is a distilled Spanish absinthe (whereas most or all others are mixed from oils) and at least is consistent.

Deva (also Spanish) used to be a general starting point but, now due to tax increases and greatly increased shipping, is in same price range as better absinthes.

La Fee is quite drinkable. You may have trouble finding someone to ship this one to USA, unless you have friends in the UK -- the problems all have to do with recovering UK taxes, nothing mysterious.

By Artist on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 - 03:01 am: Edit

(Artist, imitating Pablo, smiles in amusement...)

By Pablo on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 - 02:43 am: Edit

"Bobsy pineapple manner man" confuses pablo. Who the hell........?????????
(pablo scratches his head in wonder)

By Artist on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 - 02:39 am: Edit

Methinks thou hath becometh a Bobsy pineapple manner man...(Pablo...)

By Pablo on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 - 02:25 am: Edit

A prade is the way an illiterate moron like myself says parade.
(pablo goes to get hooked on phonics)

By Artist on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 - 02:11 am: Edit

What's a prade?

By Pablo on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 - 01:51 am: Edit

Flaming convention? I think there was one a few months back in San Francisco. Oh, no wait. That was a prade. My bad.

By Artist on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 - 01:48 am: Edit

For a first taste, start out slow...Deva, Serpis 65, Segarra.

Oh, and the bottom line of the flaming thread is:

Yep, it seems Wolvie is reliable.

Yep, his absinthe is (very) good quality (I am very happy with it and so are other forumites)...

Isn't one of the burning questions (more fire-related talk) about the "t" levels?

tick, tick, tick...

By Artist on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 - 01:43 am: Edit

"flaming convention"...
...teehee

Almost sounds like an advertisement for thc Czech style of sugaring your absinthe...

By Drbeer on Wednesday, January 30, 2002 - 01:08 am: Edit

Before I do anything else, I want to thank the moderator for allowing me access to this forum. It is very much appreciated!

I've been perusing this forum for quite some time and finally decided I might as well join and hopefully add something to this community.

I'm new to absinthe as well as this forum - my interest in absinthe however has been quite active for many years. I did forget about it for awhile and just recently had my curiosity piqued again. I did some research and found myself here, among what seems to be the most knowledgeable of absintheurs on the 'net, and quite possibly anywhere.

I have a few questions that I hope no one minds answering.

I'm ready to have my first taste of absinthe and was unsure if it would be wise to go with the general favorite of the people here (la Bleue) or with maybe a "lesser" brand/variety of absinthe such as Segarra.

Is "Wolvie" reliable and is his absinthe of good quality? I believe I saw a thread on this subject from earlier this year but if I remember correctly it degenerated into a flaming convention so I ignored most of it.

Where might I get a fountain that does not cost $300? I don't necessarily need an antique at this point. :)
*edit* Just found the thread about finding a fountain.

Thank you all in advance for your time!

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation