Want to lower SC's shipping costs?

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru February 2002:Want to lower SC's shipping costs?
By Don_Walsh on Saturday, February 02, 2002 - 05:31 pm: Edit

Why, thank you, Lars. And some people think the Danes have no sense of humor.

That isn't true!

It's just that a viking sense of humor is a singular viewpoint...spitting pregnant women on your sword with a song in your heart...dashing babies skulls against stones with a dance in your feet...torching (still populated) villages as choreographed by Busby Berkeley...

Y'know. The good old days.

Sadly now all sublimated into football, and political infighting between people all named Rasmussen.

By Larsbogart on Saturday, February 02, 2002 - 04:45 pm: Edit

i might be dodging hollow bullets for that one but you cracked me up.

By Don_Walsh on Saturday, February 02, 2002 - 03:53 pm: Edit

That was no gypsy, that was Mother Betina, incognito, and she wouldn't know a 35,000 bottle deal if it but her on the butt.

By Larsbogart on Saturday, February 02, 2002 - 07:21 am: Edit

the last time i ran away from home a gypsy in a covered wagon told me SC was going to pull off a 35,000 bottle deal in south america. blessed greed. [read between the line]

By Don_Walsh on Saturday, February 02, 2002 - 02:39 am: Edit

I agree with Lord H. The American retail mail order market is of no consequence to the Spanish absinthe assemblers (most of them are not distillers) -- individually. And the ressellers like SC have apparently only raised rates in response to real costs, applicable to anyone else in Spain. So their goes the (sorry Lord H) collective side of things.

By Lordhobgoblin on Saturday, February 02, 2002 - 02:00 am: Edit

Contacting the Spanish absinthe manufacturers to do what? To get them to ship a few bottles direct to you? To get them to 'put the squeeze' on SC to change their shipping method?

Do you really think the manufacturers are going to be interested?

Hobgoblin

By Alisoviejoguy on Friday, February 01, 2002 - 05:04 pm: Edit

Hmm, i don't get it. It's not a dollar or so more, it's quite a damn bit more. I guess ill have to go to the trouble of contacting the absinthe manufacturers themselves, and see what they can do.

By Larsbogart on Friday, February 01, 2002 - 02:27 pm: Edit

there might be something else to this. but i dont want to get anyone killed.

By Artist on Friday, February 01, 2002 - 02:19 pm: Edit

I agree with LH...(and I think what he says is true in many more areas...)

Life's way too short to sweat the petty stuff...

(And, it's a lot more fun to pet the sweaty stuff.)

By Lordhobgoblin on Friday, February 01, 2002 - 02:07 pm: Edit

These guys are Southern Europeans, they're Spanish. This culture of obsession with efficiency is not in their nature, they've more important things to worry about in life. They're happy with their method of shipping and you get a good deal. At the end of the day they're damn good value for money and a damn site cheaper than anyone else. Give them a bloody break, surely life's too short to worry about a few dollars here and there. Will saving a few dollars really affect your quality of life? No, so why worry?

Hobgoblin

By Wolfgang on Friday, February 01, 2002 - 12:40 pm: Edit

If they increased their prices, it's because they knew they could do it. Why ? because where will you buy it if you stop buying from them ? hein ? Sorry guys, unless we all stop buying from them, they wont lower their prices. I guess they will at least try to do something about it when we will be all buying Jade's, maybe. Untill then, they still have the best prices and they know about it.

By Destiny on Friday, February 01, 2002 - 12:31 pm: Edit

I wonder if they just add some "padding" to cover the cost of missing shipments and broken bottles. They not only have to cover the product but also pay for reshipping. They are very generous with their service and generosity often doesn't come cheap.

I have an order from them due soon, watch them drop their shipping prices the day my order arrives!

By Alisoviejoguy on Friday, February 01, 2002 - 11:53 am: Edit

E-mail them. I did today, so did another member of this forum.

If they hear our voices, they might compensate.

The price difference between Fed EX and UPS is substantial. If they can switch providers like that, then they have to be charging the maximum amount.

From a marketing standpoint, they might have high shipping costs to "reduce" the price of their absinthe. Think about it, pay 45 Euros for a bottle of Deva somewhere else? Or pay 12 dollars for a bottle at SC? (plus 50-60 bucks shipping though, see what i mean?)

Hopefully if we ask them, they will really look into some other shipping options for us! Please be polite, these people are great, treat them with respect, and make your e-mail formal. No whiny bratty yelling e-mails please, we don't want to piss them off, just let them know we are
displeased with the shipping costs, and want less expensive shipping options.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation