Absinthe NS?

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru February 2002:Absinthe NS?
By Giovannigray on Tuesday, February 05, 2002 - 07:27 pm: Edit

I've tried both NS70 and NS55...prefer NS70. It has a very creamy louche, and as noted by others below, the secondary effects are..well..effective. NS55 and 70 taste almost the same, I think the 70 is richer in texture and taste.

I also like Deva50, although I haven't tried Deva70, so obviously, can't compare. I find Deva50 to be a very refreshing drink (one part Deva to 2.5 to 3 parts very cold water and a sugar cube, topped with 2 ice cubes). Not as complex as NS, but very enjoyable, nonetheless.

By Brspiritus on Monday, February 04, 2002 - 04:27 pm: Edit

I'm going to try the lower alcohol Deva next time and also the NS 55, I have toyed around with the thought of ordering Serpis, but the red colour just turns me off big time. Now if you tell me the secondary effects of Serpis make it worthwhile, then I may get it. I still prefer NS 70 so far though, it defenately has some secondary effects... hell after 3 glasses I felt like I was floating and eventually took to starting at the shapes in the smoke from my incense LOL.

By Rimbaud on Monday, February 04, 2002 - 02:06 pm: Edit

Call me...Mad Harry Flint!

"Every pirate is a little bit crazy. You, though, are more than just a little bit. Like the rock flint, you're hard and sharp. But, also like flint, you're easily chipped, and sparky. Arr!"

By Wolfgang on Monday, February 04, 2002 - 09:37 am: Edit

And another link for you bored Swashbucklers...

http://www.discover.net/~nqgiven/_vti_shm/ports.htm

By Wolfgang on Monday, February 04, 2002 - 09:32 am: Edit

Well finaly i'm not so sure anymore....maybe I'm
Captain James Read.

(Even though there's no legal rank on a pirate ship, everyone recognizes you're the one in charge. Even through many pirates have a reputation for not being the brightest souls on earth, you defy the sterotypes. You've got taste and education. Arr! )

By Wolfgang on Monday, February 04, 2002 - 09:08 am: Edit

I'm the Captain James Kidd and I say :

OPEN IT!!!

Quote:

Even though there's no legal rank on a pirate ship, everyone recognizes you're the one in charge. Even though you're not always the traditional swaggering gallant, your steadiness and planning make you a fine, reliable pirate. Arr!

By Scoobydoo on Sunday, February 03, 2002 - 03:03 pm: Edit

Brspiritus,

Try Deva 50...The first absinthe I ever tried was Deva 70 and I agree...it has too much alcohol in it. I can handle strong drinks but it's just that the taste is adversely affected with that much alcohol in there....

I went back to Deva after trying about 10 other absinthes...and you know what? I loved it!

Wonderful wonderful absinthe! however, I still don't like the taste of the 70 percent one that much. Soooo, I would recommend getting Deva and Serpis on your next shipment...both the lower alcohol version. I still haven't tried the higher percent serpis (though it's sitting in my cabinet) unopened right now :)

By Heiko on Sunday, February 03, 2002 - 07:46 am: Edit

Call me Mad Jack Bonney...

Every pirate is a little bit crazy. You, though, are more than just a little bit. You can be a little bit unpredictable, but a pirate's life is far from full of certainties, so that fits in pretty well. Arr!

By Verawench on Saturday, February 02, 2002 - 09:25 pm: Edit

This is for you, Blackjack

http://www.fidius.org/quiz/pirate.php

By _Blackjack on Saturday, February 02, 2002 - 07:46 pm: Edit

Bit 'er? I hardly know her!

By Verawench on Saturday, February 02, 2002 - 06:52 pm: Edit

How about "bitter"?

By Don_Walsh on Saturday, February 02, 2002 - 06:51 pm: Edit

We now own WIPO rights to that word.

By Verawench on Saturday, February 02, 2002 - 06:11 pm: Edit

I'm too jaded.

By Larsbogart on Saturday, February 02, 2002 - 05:40 pm: Edit

no vera it is not sacasm, its a profession of love. cant i love you, tea or tealess?

By Verawench on Saturday, February 02, 2002 - 05:32 pm: Edit

Is that sarcasm, Lars?

Don't mess with me after I've had 3 long island teas.

By Larsbogart on Saturday, February 02, 2002 - 04:50 pm: Edit

your wisdom and wit stun me, vera. may the gypsies protect you. i lick the edge of the
glass in your honor today.
larsbogart

By Maldoror on Saturday, February 02, 2002 - 03:32 pm: Edit

I remember hearing that N.S. stands for National Standard. not sure what the source was...

By Brspiritus on Saturday, February 02, 2002 - 01:48 pm: Edit

Well, there may not be much difference between the 55 and the 70 but there is a difference between NS and Sebors, I mean they are not even in the same league really. I tried the Deva 70 and I can't say I was too fond of it. Way too alcoholic and somewhat tasteless in my opinion, and it put me out like a light after 1 glass. The NS heightened my senses and brought out my ability to see auras really well... quite spiffy.

By Verawench on Saturday, February 02, 2002 - 10:08 am: Edit

A while back there was a discussion on the subject of what NS stands for.

NS - Initials of manufacturer?
NS - Pun on "AN-IS"?

By Heiko on Saturday, February 02, 2002 - 05:42 am: Edit

Next time I'm going to order the NS 55% again - I think the difference in taste is not that big, but I don't get tired so quickly when I drink the 55% (it's not as much alcohol per glass, that's the simple difference)

By Brspiritus on Saturday, February 02, 2002 - 04:55 am: Edit

First of all I'd just like to know what the NS stands for. Non-Stick? Not Sebors? inquiring minds want to know. Anyhow, as I was trying to decide what to order from SC (first order mind you) and only having tried Sebors before I had a time making a decision on what to get. Finally I settled on Absinthe NS 70% and Deva 70%. After having both I can say I much prefer the NS over the Deva, the secondary affects were long lasting and the taste and aroma were supurb. Has anyone tried the NS 55%? I'd like to know what the difference in flavour is between them.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation