Sickeningly New

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru February 2002:Sickeningly New
By Pan on Monday, February 04, 2002 - 10:53 am: Edit

"When your monkey misbehaves, spank it. It will cry, but you'll both feel much better afterwards."

-Caring for Monkeys, 1957 ed.

By Louched_Liver on Monday, February 04, 2002 - 09:23 am: Edit

Purple helmeted monkeys are fun to pet, until they spit up all over the place.

By Pikkle on Monday, February 04, 2002 - 09:12 am: Edit

I'm kind of partial to a monkey but in a purple helmet only.

By Don_Walsh on Monday, February 04, 2002 - 04:05 am: Edit

I vote for the fart scene from Blazing Saddles.

A great moment in cinematic history.

By Louched_Liver on Monday, February 04, 2002 - 03:43 am: Edit

Panster,
Wolvie's stuff is a great sample of distilled, as opposesd to macerated, absinthe. And the price isn't harsh. Give 'em a shot.
Check out the Fairy Fest thread, and see if you care to join a bunch of us chuckleheads in June, since you're in the neighborhood.

Ridin' the Welcome Wagon,
Louched Liver

By Pan on Monday, February 04, 2002 - 12:10 am: Edit

Yuh know, if I had bothered to do a bit more homework on this forum and a bit less homework for Topics in American History and Logic, I wouldn't've asked a silly question and just run a keyword search. D'oh.

For snicks, I'll throw out another topic for comment . . .

Which is funnier? A monkey in a helmet, or the Mel Brooks fart gag from "Blazing Saddles"?

Discuss. . .

-Dev

By Anatomist on Sunday, February 03, 2002 - 11:46 pm: Edit

If you order from Spirit's Corner, don't forget to send them a bit of your left ear. It's a tradition... you know the art history thing and all. Frederico won't send you anything but pastis unless you do. It doesn't have to be a very big piece - most just use a regular old office hole punch. Put it in a small ziploc and send it airmail.

I know a guy who wimped out and used a plug of pig skin he got from the butcher shop. He got away with it, but as far as I'm concerned, it's not honest, and I couldn't live with myself being such a wuss.

K.

By Mr_Carfax on Sunday, February 03, 2002 - 10:02 pm: Edit

O' Young Raging Neophyte

should you truly endevour to learn our strange and arcane ways, before you learn what is The Way, you should learn what it is an abomination to The Way.

I suggest you plead to our forum Zen Master Head Prosthesis to take you as disciples- under a painful regime of discipline he will then expose you to all that is not...

dried wormwood steeped in vodka, dried wormwood in Pernod, wormwood oil in vodka, Hills, and yea, even Sebor.

Maybe then, and only maybe, he will feel you are ready to know of that which they call Serpis.....

Failing that drop Spirits Corner a line and buy a variety.

By Raschied on Sunday, February 03, 2002 - 09:43 pm: Edit

Didn't someone recently post the 10 steps of an absinthe novice recently?

By Pan on Sunday, February 03, 2002 - 09:40 pm: Edit

Hi, all.

I've just turned 21, which means I can do everything that I've been doing since I got to University two years ago. Woohoo!

Havin' spent the last two years with Mr. Daniel's finest, I'm looking for something a little more unusual (and hopefully, wonderful).

After some pokin' around, I came across absinthe. And after further pokin' (hehe, "pokin'" hehe), I came across this website and some of the reviews of Wolvie666's offerings.

So, my question is this: would you recommend a couple of raging neophytes give Wolvie a try, or would you recommend some of the Spanish offerings, or something else entirely?

Thanks!

-Dev

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation