Announcement

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru February 2002:Announcement
By Pan on Wednesday, February 20, 2002 - 09:19 pm: Edit

Not one of your satisfied customers can write his or her name ...

- (makes his mark)

By Mr_Rabid on Wednesday, February 20, 2002 - 08:12 pm: Edit

But you aren't paying them- not one of my satisfied customers has ever had to write a check.

By Chevalier on Monday, February 18, 2002 - 01:20 pm: Edit

There are such things as death tax, estate tax, etc. Your money is taxed even after you've gone to hole heaven.

By Louched_Liver on Friday, February 15, 2002 - 10:58 pm: Edit

Ah, Rabid! Classic.

By Mr_Rabid on Friday, February 15, 2002 - 04:04 pm: Edit

Exactly Anatomist! And if some are good, more must be better.

But all this foofraw about not harming some brain-protecting envelope is for pussies.

Get yourself the biggest drillbit you can find, and PUSH until that sucker wont go in any more.

All your problems will be over!

People that have followed this simple procedure:

No longer complain about long working hours

No longer suffer from emotional problems

No more troubles with the boss

Weight loss guaranteed

Never pay taxes again! EVER!!!

What's more, the process is guanranteed! If you try this method and are not completely satisfied, just write a letter and the price of your drillbit will be refunded!

By Chevalier on Friday, February 15, 2002 - 03:10 pm: Edit

Not to mention facial pores; they're too shallow.

By Anatomist on Friday, February 15, 2002 - 03:03 pm: Edit

Chevalier:

Unless you wish to forego breathing, eating, hearing, and smelling, I think you need several.

K.

By Baz on Friday, February 15, 2002 - 02:48 pm: Edit

Hey guys,
somebody loves me!

By Chevalier on Friday, February 15, 2002 - 02:21 pm: Edit

I need this like I need a hole in my head.

By Pikkle on Friday, February 15, 2002 - 02:15 pm: Edit

Thanks much for the insight into this much misunderstood form of "self-improvement." As Mike Magnuson might say, you're the "right man for the job."

By Anatomist on Friday, February 15, 2002 - 12:51 pm: Edit

Actually, if you want to avoid rapid onset of death from trepanation, you should use a small drill bit to make a shallow guide hole, then use the guide hole to get a ring etched in the bone with a hole saw. Then, you have to take the bit out of the middle of the hole saw. The brain has three layers of Meninges, that seal it up and protect it, hold in Cerbrospinal Fluid. The outer layer is right next to the inside of the skull, with only a few blood vessels between. This Dura Mater layer is fairly tough - with a consistency similar to those spun plastic priority mail envelopes, but it's not much good against drill bits and hole saws. If you do this more than a few hundred feet away from a fully equipped operating room and a standby neurosurgeon, piercing the Dura Mater means you die.

Actually, contemporary trepanists believe that making this hole in the skull lessens the CSF pressure in the brain's envelope, allowing the brain to operate more efficiently and making the trepanee smarter and 'permanently high'. Reportedly, once healed, one can put a finger directly on the Dura Mater and feel the pulsation of CSF circulation. Unfortunately, this belief is based upon a faulty understanding of human anatomy and homeostasis. CSF pressure is regulated carefully by the body, and slightly enlarging the brain's meningeal envelope just means the body will produce slightly more CSF to compensate. Plus, the pressure is rather low and the DM very tough - we're not talking 100 psi here.

Trepanation has been done by many cultures (often successfully in that the patient didn't die from it) all the way back to ancient times. Reasons probably usually had to do with letting evil spirits out of the skull. Actually, in the case of certain dire head injuries, trepanations can provide life-saving decompression - there is some speculation that certain ancient cultures may have trepanned for this purpose too.

Here's the story that first got me interested:
http://www.noah.org/trepan/people_with_holes_in_their_heads.html

Here's another link:
http://www.trepan.com/

K.

By Auntieminda on Friday, February 15, 2002 - 11:50 am: Edit

Baz,

Sorry it's taken me so long to answer your question (after all, you were pretty swift with your answer to mine, and much thanks to you for that).

"Auntie, if we do get together mid continent, would you love ME too?"

Of course.

Love,
Auntie M

By Pan on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 11:55 pm: Edit

Oh, that old saw! We here in Jersey refer to it (erroneously, of course) as "Solobotomy."

Off to be for me, got Logic to deal with in the morning.

-Dev

By Pikkle on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 11:49 pm: Edit

Uh, like take a Black and Decker with a 3/4" bit, place it at the top of your skull and go until just before you hit gray matter... makes a world of difference on plane rides too!

By Pan on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 11:46 pm: Edit

Do I even want to ask about self trepination?

By Pikkle on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 11:45 pm: Edit

I don't know, self-trepination is right up there with me... ARGH, GET THEM OUT!!!!

By Pan on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 11:35 pm: Edit

Personally, the weirdest stuff I've ever heard of is "helming". Granted, necrophelia, wound-fucking, amputee-penetration, all mixed and matched with various beasties and so forth are unusual.

But . . . I think helming takes the cake. I'm not even positive it's anatomically possible, but I am . . . how should I say? . . . DEEPLY glad I don't know from personal experience.

Sexually deviant,
-Dev

By Pikkle on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 11:00 pm: Edit

Do you think BITCH was way out of line? Do you suppose maybe I should have said something like "FEMALE CANINE" or "BLOOD SUCKING EX WIFE" I don't know, I'm not sure it would have had the same effect...

pikkled in ypsitukyvile

By Louched_Liver on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 10:48 pm: Edit

Pikkle,
Duh, yeah.

By Pikkle on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 10:40 pm: Edit

whereas mr. louched liver would require you to be a teir 1 supplier, I would require tier .5. I'd like the whole component shipped to me for easy installation by my professionally trained staff of drunken knuckle draggers... JUST GET THE FUCKING ABSINTHE FLOWING BITCH!!!!

By Pikkle on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 10:38 pm: Edit

Videos? Who wanted the videos? Nothing amazing, just mostly midget dp and gangbang, mixed bag, run of the mill... oh and a few prosthetic device features!

By Louched_Liver on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 09:54 pm: Edit

Don,
You best be distillin' chum.
Wolvie got overwhelmed by producing a good absinthe, w/out the hype Jade has. When you folks sell, it's gonna be large, yo. I want my bottles to be in the 1st wave mailed out.

Me, me, me,
LL

By Don_Walsh on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 09:43 pm: Edit

Dear Dutch

As you know, the scene can get a lot weirder than just German 'kuisine', but I think that if we started swapping stories we'd frighten the po' folks here. And that would be...unethical.

Remember what Mrs.Whatshername, the actress, mistress of G.B.Shaw, said: "I don't care WHAT people do, as long as they don't do it in the streets and frighten the horses."

I will show our five Thai Dommes the site you are on. They have spent the last 2 years almost destroying a Mr S catalog by leafing through it too much, so the fact that they are bi-female Tops won't stop them.

By Dutch on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 09:34 pm: Edit

Don, I'm chuckling so much over 'natures champagne' and 'kaviar' that its hard to type. I thought I'd heard everything...

As far as being at your dungeon, no haven't been there. I am an "instructor" at Butchmanns Academy
http://www.butchmanns.com
I am Master Jim, with cowboy hat on. Of interest, my slave lived in Thailand for 8 years. he's sorry he missed your place!

Yes, I was quoting from Psychopathia Sexualis. It was purely tongue in cheek. Anything for a laugh, so to speak.

-Dutch

By Louched_Liver on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 08:22 pm: Edit

A helmet wearing monkey better keep his noggin' up on a unicycle, or he'll get tore up.

That's pretty realistic Panflute.

By Sicboy13 on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 08:19 pm: Edit

the onion.com is f'n funny, sic as hell. ;)>

By Pan on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 08:19 pm: Edit

Or, a monkey wearing a helmet while riding a unicycle.

But lets being realistic about this!

-Dev

By Louched_Liver on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 08:14 pm: Edit

Is there anything better?
Yeah, a jockey dancing in his stained Fruit of the Looms @ the corner of B'way and 43rd. That's better muthafucka!
Ha, hhhaaaaaa!

By Pan on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 08:03 pm: Edit

You know, I was told to bring a gift in order to be a good guest.

So, I bring you a list of my favourite websites.
www.lanceandeskimo.com
www.theonion.com
www.brunching.com
www.notmydesk.com

Ah, internet comedy. Is there anything better?
-Dev

By Louched_Liver on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 06:44 pm: Edit

Or, in a better performance, in Born Yesterday w/the fabulous Judy Holiday.

By Louched_Liver on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 06:43 pm: Edit

On Highway Patrol.
Where else?

By Don_Walsh on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 06:41 pm: Edit

LL: where's Broderick Crawford when we need him?

By Don_Walsh on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 06:40 pm: Edit

Gentlemen, start your pimpmobiles.

By Louched_Liver on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 06:36 pm: Edit

BTW,

Being accused of being a "pathetic pimp" rubs every guy's manhood the wrong way. We all see ourselves as top end macks.

Just another average sized dick,
LL

By Don_Walsh on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 06:36 pm: Edit

Dutch:

For the cheap seats we might point out that you were quoting from Psychopathia Sexualis, a seminal 19th century work.

In the last decade of the 20th century the American Psychiatric Assn finally removed consensual sadomasochism from its list of psychopathic behavior.

The particular quote attempts to explain the link between lust and 'acts expressive of anger', i.e., sadism. It does not howered explore the obverse, nor does it explain masochism, which is what we deal with. We only cater to submissives and masochists (at my dungeon in Bangkok.)

You reckon the forumites need an explanation for the acronyms you used? Not that it was exhaustive. The German equivalent of ws is 'ns' which stands for 'nature's champagne'. And you left off bs entirely. = scat, or in German slang, kaviar.

By Louched_Liver on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 06:32 pm: Edit

Don,

10-4.

Tired after posting more in 3 days than in the previous year,
LL
p.s. I hate censorship.

By Don_Walsh on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 06:25 pm: Edit

I am not a trekkie. In fact I used to grind trekkies beneath my chariot wheels. This left a trail of broken bodies strewn behind, wearing dun colored uniforms set off only by bent and twisted fake insignia.

Very satisfying!

By Pan on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 06:21 pm: Edit

"Klingon justice"???
Trekkies. :giggle:

-Dev

By Don_Walsh on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 06:20 pm: Edit

LL: cool.

By Louched_Liver on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 06:17 pm: Edit

Don the Donger,

You got it baby! We agree 100% That's my point. If people don't like it, don't read it. I don't want you to care what I think, you don't know me.

By Don_Walsh on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 06:17 pm: Edit

Hey, Dutch. We don't do videos, but you do sound like you've been to my little old place before.

Care for some absinthe?

By Don_Walsh on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 06:08 pm: Edit

And so you see, since it's bilateral, why I really don't care if you (LL) think it's boring. I'm not doing this for you. I'm doing it for ME. And yes, I think it is boring, and worse, but necessary.

My advice therefore is, don't read any timk/dw exchanges.

By Don_Walsh on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 06:04 pm: Edit

LL, mostly I smack him hard to get rid of him, he goes off to sulk. And the harder I smack him the longer he sulks. Meanwhile I have some peace and quiet.

I don't do it for the crowd; for me it's strictly bilateral.

Someone just wandering past a thread might wonder why, when he launches a relatively mild attack, I immediately reach for the tactical nuke. Howeverm as I said, it's a continuum of exchanges, not isolated incidents. If someone wants to go to the trouble of reading all the exchanges, and get the same holistic view that I have, then one would conclude that, far from over-reacting, I'm showing the greatest possible restraint.

(Of course I am being facetious throughout this entire issue. It's a bogus issue. Timk is demanding that Admin grant him the right to self defense when I get upset when he calls me, to cite a recent example, a 'pathetic pimp'. You see, timk's idea of 'not starting anything' is, like Klingon justice, quite unique. It requires an absurd response.)

By Louched_Liver on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 04:53 pm: Edit

Don-"Taking a shot at the Kelvinator is not a series of isolated exchanges; it's a continuum. He makes a habit of making snide remarks about Jade, Ted, and/or me, and I put him down for them."

Right. When he came after you the 1st time, I sided w/you, and Tim e-mailed me and suggested I might be a Dontroll. Now, you started whoopin' on him w/out him really attacking you, and it doesn't behoove you. It is nice to see you apparently counting to 10 before you post, your missives are more succinct. I don't mind you going off on a buttkickin' mission, it just drags on sometimes to the point of being boring to me. Which means the other party is still involved too. I'm not singling you out. That's my opinion.
Brawls w/Walsh have been a part of this forum for the year I've been reading it. You can feel people virtually circling the combatants when the hooking and rolling starts. I got no problem w/that.
TimK does like to push your buttons. If you don't respond, then the game is over. You guys actually got along for a minute or so a while ago. I'd quit reading here because it got boring, as it does occasionally, came back, and there were you and Tim agreeing on something.
I don't feel a personal need to side w/anyone here except the people I know personally-Head, Rabid, Pantagruel, and Tavarua. Not if they were wrong, but if they were wronged. My feelings for everyone else comes and goes as I read their posts.
I still think, except in the case of a troll attack like Kristy/Staticburst, people should just have at it, and let the chips fall where they may.

I still don't why I've got a bug up my ass about this,
L to L-zay

By Dutch on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 04:15 pm: Edit

Pikkle;
By George I think you've got it!

Krafft-Ebing: "...it is clear how lust impels to acts that are expressive of anger. The one, like the other, is a state of exhaltation , an intense excitation..."

As far as the lube and videos, umh, do you have any run of the mill? You know, s&m, tt, cbt, ff, single tail, hoods, bd, ws, or piercing?

No vanilla here.

By Timk on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 04:10 pm: Edit

btw kallisti - im sold

By Timk on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 03:55 pm: Edit

hmm, so not reading a thread till after 70 posts, and having an opinion on it and posting it anyway is being a drama queen?

By Don_Walsh on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 03:29 pm: Edit

The band was named for a strap-on dildo referred to in NAKED LUNCH, by Wm.F.Burroughs.

It was the mighty tool I was referring to, and not the band.

By Pikkle on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 03:24 pm: Edit

Probably the greatest studio band ever... and not bad as a pocket pal either. Hey, perhaps timk should consider getting the cd, might mellow him out a bit... and if that doesn't work, a wascally wabbit works wonders getting out the kinks...

By Don_Walsh on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 03:20 pm: Edit

Hi, Pikkle. Want to clean my Steely Dan II? You know all about steel. *wink*

Anyway, I already departed this discussion, it's timk being the drama queen, and he ought to take it up with Admin -- not me.

By Pikkle on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 03:07 pm: Edit

You guys are all GAY!!! Just live with it, don't deny it, love it, love each other in only a way one man can love another... the playground lust assaults are gettin' old! If you need, I've got some videos and lubricants...

By Don_Walsh on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 02:56 pm: Edit

Ah, timk, I can well ignore the occasional question, jibe, taunt, or criticism, especially if it comes from someone(s) who seem sincere and who most especially haven't made a fucking CAREER out of it.

As you have.

Pls don't play the injured innocent.

If you will find another hobby I will cheerfully ignore you. If not I will still abide by Admin's new policy, and I suggest you do, too.

If you still want to take exception to her policies, I suggest you bandy words with Kallisti and not with me. I have said all I care to about this, to you.

By Timk on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 02:33 pm: Edit

Don, you seem to all too easily take offence, how have you gotten on in life reacting like that when someone questions what you say, remarks on what you do or criticises you. Such things are a part of everyday life, you either learn to live with it, have a sensible discussion about it, or start flailing your arma sbout and shouting at people. Only two of these options will get you very far with people of any more than a rudimentary intelligence. Maybe you find it easier to be constantly aggressive through the internet, maybe you dont think about how your posts and responses will come across, maybe you dont give a fuck I dont know, but I sure would like to.

By Don_Walsh on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 02:23 pm: Edit

Taking a shot at the Kelvinator is not a series of isolated exchanges; it's a continuum. He makes a habit of making snide remarks about Jade, Ted, and/or me, and I put him down for them.

He can 'defend' himself or not as he sees fit.

Kallisti will determine if such an exchange escalates too far, or it continued too long, and if she sees an invisible line crossed, she will ban both parties.

I trust in her even handedness. Doesn't everyone?

None of this is retroactive, it only applies to what has not yet been posted, so, it behooves us all to adjust what we post accordingly.

But let's all note that trashing Jade, Ted, and myself represents the vast majority of timk's infrequent posts, whereas my rebuffs to him are only a tiny part of my postings. So if he wants to whistle a different tune, if he has anything else to talk about, well, no one will be more disinterested than I.

By Louched_Liver on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 01:14 pm: Edit

Tim K,
I see only the 1st option working, as Kallisti has a life to live, and a $ to earn, and since this forum is going off 24/7, can't be monitored by her full time.
I feel you have been whacked @ for no reason recently, but what harm is there in that, except to the one striking out looking like a bully? I liked the Forum as a true democracy-those that the majority didn't like got short shrift, those that had something to give are embraced, kind of, a little. And when someone really needs something, didn't Vera have a stalker problem in her family that lots of folks rallied to?, everyone comes together. As was pointed out before, there is very little, absinthe wise, to talk about, so drama rules the day.

When the fuck did I get so chatty?,
Loudmouth Liver

By Timk on Sunday, February 10, 2002 - 12:34 pm: Edit

Kallisti - I can only see two ways that this will work, either you retract the ban-censorship, and allow people to publically defend themselves, or you rigorously enforce it, providing a public post stating who has been banned, and the reason for that banning, so that it will not be necessary for anyone to respond to the offending post. I admit I am guilty of responding, but that is all, as far as I can tell I havent initiated anything.

By Verdigris_Harpy on Saturday, February 09, 2002 - 10:24 am: Edit

It is against store policy to state.

And I am a nice old Harpy.

No,not Larsogbart(sp?? Sorry.Temp.Synapse atrophy.)He is a nice young insane Scandinavian
dude.And our TVs and computers speak well of
each another;And play nice together.Even
computer solitaire.Even when we are out of the room.And the power is off.(Hi,"Lars!".)

And not you.Unless I have permission.Or
the Great God Pan says so(the really reel guy.)
Or momo nature.

Lovin and a greeeeeeeen rose(de-thorn'd)

V

By Baz on Saturday, February 09, 2002 - 10:11 am: Edit

HARPY-
Whose cheek is your tongue planted in, besides your own?

By Verdigris_Harpy on Saturday, February 09, 2002 - 09:19 am: Edit

Ignorance is bliss..the sweet ignorance and
bliss of a child(to quote one of me own non-
metered po-em-ette-s.)And,a nectar of the Gods...
The Lovecraftian Pantheon though they may be.
(Insert over-used,overwork'd winken sidereal
non happy non face here.And actual lovingly
applied dollop of *attemped* satirical/absuridist
humor).

Best served in a "*Funny*, pretty goblets ice cream dish, meds dosers- drinks tumblers" with "*Funny*,
pointy,flat and pretty non spoons with holes in them.. Shaped like leaves, stars and eyes" Next to
and/or on "Various plates,dishes,platters,saucers,
bottles,non bottles,carafes,non carafes,ringed
non- carafes and bottles." Made from various
"Pretty,non pretty,weird- pretty,odd ,ugly,
plain,unremarkable breathtaking glass ceramic
or unknown or unknowable materials."

Just like absinthe.

Making fun. From. Absinthe.

And quoting,plagarising,misquoting,and paraphrasing myself.

Tounge lovingly planted in my own cheek,and
deep in someone elses,as well.

Loving, early St. Valentines day kisses..

Stainless steel teeth wide open and bared, but
not bitin'.... Faux French kisses...
(mon cheries.....mmmmm....)

Your Verdigris Harpy

By Heiko on Saturday, February 09, 2002 - 08:41 am: Edit

The best method not to get upset about anything on this forum:

Post an unpersonal comment here and there, but mostly forget about it. We're not living in that forum, you know. Why care too much about what's written in here?
I only write something when I feel like writing something, but as soon as it gets on my nerves, I ignore it (and I can be very ignorant!)

Have fun!

By Don_Walsh on Saturday, February 09, 2002 - 08:36 am: Edit

Terminus seems to only be here to annoy me. As he is a me-specific one issue troll-like entity I see little point in make peace with him, and can think of several good places to, um, bury the hatchet, as it were.

I doubt that his appearance a few days ago, after a lengthy hiatus, was accidental or random; I think it is connected to some other events off the forum, and will follow this hypothesis till a better one comes along.

By Lordhobgoblin on Saturday, February 09, 2002 - 07:40 am: Edit

Don,

Indeed (after a suitable period of animosity) we have buried the hatchets and smoked a peace-pipe over that incident. If I had made similar comments about your wife at the time I presume I am right in thinking that we would also have buried the hatchets and smoked the peace pipe.

If I can bury the hatchet with you about that incident then surely (after a suitable period of animosity of course) you would be able to bury the hatchet and smoke a pipe of peace with Terminus.

I don't know much about this latest incident with Terminus as I've been too busy to read the forum for most of last week and I'm certainly not siding with anyone. Nor am I condoning any personal insults against your wife. Personal insults against members of a persons family as a means of hurting and insulting a person are low and out of order.

The best thing now is for all parties concerned particularly yourself and Terminus is for a line to be drawn under the incident. Yourself and Terminus should now avoid any discourse with each other for a period of time and also avoid bad-mouthing or discussing each other with other parties (at least openly on this bulletin board) until wounds have healed. Then the sensible thing is to bury the hatchet. If I can bury the hatchet in time then so can you Don.

Now relax and pour yourself a tall, ice-cool glass of Jade, sit out on your veranda in the warm Thai evening and watch the sun go down. That's what's important, not the shit that goes on on this bulletin board.

Hobgoblin

By Don_Walsh on Saturday, February 09, 2002 - 04:26 am: Edit

Marc, being able to know such a state of affairs would require personal acquaintance, would it not?

Terminus has no such acquaintance of yours or mine as far as I know.

I am satisfied that Admin will not be censoring anything routine.

By Marccampbell on Saturday, February 09, 2002 - 04:02 am: Edit

lets not be too submissive to that buggy whip.

if my wife is a bitch and a cunt please tell me so. it would not be the first time that my senses have been scrambled by poontang.

lets not forget the judas kiss. lovers can be deadly.

By Don_Walsh on Saturday, February 09, 2002 - 03:43 am: Edit

Yes Indeed Lord H but have we not long since buried the hatchet and smoked the peace pipe over that incident?

We were arguing politics at a terrible time for the world and things got out of hand.

Hardly the same as Terminus. He has returned after a long time with nothing to say (apparently) except to attack me and anyone who dares to say a word in my defense. I do not believe that the forum ought to be characterized as a 'Don is God' forum, no one here thinks I am divine, anyway the position is not vacant and I have not sought the promotion. I have enough trouble running my businesses without having to order the bloody universe. I never undertstood the red shift anyway and really have no recollection of the mechanics of the Big Bang. So I feel unqualified.

I daresay that anyone saying anything vile about another forumite's loved one(s) in the future will taste the business end of Admin's buggy whip and be suspended or banned, and that certainly applies to me as well as to anyone else.

By Lordhobgoblin on Saturday, February 09, 2002 - 01:08 am: Edit

Don,

I'm in no way defending any vicious insults that someone may have made against your wife but I remember my mother being referred to in a particularly vicious and nasty way in the past on this forum. Surely this was as much an affront to decency as the insults against your wife?

I'm not trying to open up old wounds but perhaps you should stop and think for a moment. Other peoples family members are as important to them as yours are to you.

Hobgoblin

By Don_Walsh on Friday, February 08, 2002 - 07:05 pm: Edit

Don't feed this troll.

For that is all he is.

Whatever Terminus may have been before on this forum, prior to departing in mid 2001 -- he has apparently returned only to assault me. A malicious one issue poster.

In other words a troll.

So, don't feed the troll. Don't reply to him. Silence will banish him. If he unilaterally escalates, then Kallisti will banish him.

Of course should he revert to being a good forum citizen, and have anything USEFUL to contribute, then that is a different matter.

FYI I have settled my differences of opinion with Admin and will now strive to adhere to her policy.

Thanks to all my loyal friends. You know who you are. (The proposition Marc Campbell is a toady of mine is such an absurdity that it is no wonder that Terminus hasn't been polloried for this statement alone.)

Will I show my wife the insult to her? No.

Terminus is using the old freshman philosophy teaser, If a tree falls in a forest and there is no one around to hear it, does it make any sound?

Well, of course it does.

The insult is there to be perceived by the population of the forum as a whole and anyone else who wanders passed.

If my wife was blind, and Terminus took out a billboard on our street saying DON'S WIFE IS A WHORE" she wouldn't see it, but it would still be an affront because everyone else would.

So Terminus is a smarmy jailhouse-lawyer liar.

Personally -- I will not have a single furthr word to bandy with this fool. However, my previous statement stands. Should I ever find this bastard in the flesh, I will have at him physically, and he will pay for his insults to my wife, to myself and to my business. Not a threat. A promise.

By Mr_Rabid on Friday, February 08, 2002 - 04:01 pm: Edit

:-D

By Admin on Friday, February 08, 2002 - 03:33 pm: Edit

see http://www.feeverte.net/forum_faq.html#A item# 1)

By Mr_Rabid on Friday, February 08, 2002 - 03:26 pm: Edit

I'ma try and say this in a non nasty way but I must admit I am getting frustrated now too.

I wish everyone would follow this addendum to the FAQ:

Don't be an asshole.

Thats all. Don't deliberately set out to hurt someone's feelings and try not to do it by accident. Don't call someone a rude name without a smile on your face. Don't be rude.

Does anyone out there log on to this board seeking bad vibes? Then why are we producing them in such large amounts?

Shall we all pick at the scabs some more? Reopen a few wounds? Go round and round this broken fucking record about he said she said?

Lets not. At least, that's my vote. Its like being stuck in a highschool lunchroom.

By Chevalier on Friday, February 08, 2002 - 03:09 pm: Edit

If it's not Don that's being vivisected, it's Verawench. Look, we don't even know if Vera gave Terminus permission to publically post her e-mail to him. The woman's gone. She's out of your hair. Let her be.

By Lordhobgoblin on Friday, February 08, 2002 - 03:00 pm: Edit

Vera leaving because she doesn't like bickering and name calling? Well that really takes the biscuit. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

So she doesn't want anything to do with us ever again? Well at least the feeling is mutual.

Hobgoblin

By Terminus on Friday, February 08, 2002 - 02:41 pm: Edit

I am sick of Don. Whether you love him, hate him, or you are apathetic--I don't care. I hope this is my last Don related post:

My only intention was to engage Don in the hope that if someone finally confronted him on his level, maybe he would act like less of an asshole in the future. My effort failed, of course. All I know about Don is what he posts in the forum, and I don't have a very favorable impression of the guy. He treats most everyone like shit and I think he is a very unhappy man with low self-esteem.

A lot of the people have left the forum (including me) because in the past, Kallisti has basically let him get away with murder. The fucker knows this, so he keeps pushing the mean-spirited envelope. When I made a similar Don-like, mean-spirited post to show him how it feels to be on the receiving end, I was temporarily banned and Don and his toady Marc chimed in with pithy comments like "You insulted my wife -- better stay out of my reach."

If I could have replied, I would have posted: "Don, you insulted my fellow forumites--better stay out of my reach."

This has become the "Don is an asshole but we love him like a God" forum. It would be nice if someone (anyone!) would point out when Don crosses the line of bad taste. When he sticks to absinthe related matters, he is worth reading. Otherwise, as I said before, I wish I could filter his acinine, hateful posts. The egomaniac thinks he's an expert on everything and has never once has admitted that he was wrong.

BTW, this is an e-mail I received from Vera:

Let me clarify something: I no longer care.

I was there for a year. I used to enjoy it, back when Head and I were friends. We amused ourselves and played around and really, that was the only pleasure I took in being there. In fact it made up for a lot of other bullshit.

That place now, as far as I am concerned, is a portal to hell. It's full of vicious, bickering spirits beset with some sort of foul disease of disdain for fellow creatures. Kallisti as the careless mother of Artemis, Anatomist, Bob Chong, Etienne, Hobgoblin, Don, the whole lot of them with hideous personalities and cold, mean hearts. Only a few exceptions: Mr. Rabbit, Carfax, Petermarc, Cheri.

I don't want anything - ANYTHING - to do with any of them, ever again.

Vera

By Lordhobgoblin on Friday, February 08, 2002 - 01:57 pm: Edit

This is not censorship, it's just introducing a bit of common courtesy onto the forum. We can all still put across any point we wish as strongly as we wish, but the point is that there is no need to stoop to personal insults. We are still free to disagree with each other in an extreme fashion. Personal insults are not funny.

Hobgoblin

By Mr_Rabid on Friday, February 08, 2002 - 01:53 pm: Edit

We used to have a thread called 'Steel Cage Match' where people went to have these battles.

It was a solution to one of these situations that worked pretty well... but then everyone was more or less nice to each other for awhile and it passed away.

It might be a good solution still- if you want to fence with words, say 'I am moving this conversation to a new, unkinder and ungentler thread' with the specific understanding that in there there are no rules, but in ANY OTHER THREAD you gotta be civil.

By Baz on Friday, February 08, 2002 - 01:47 pm: Edit

"the truth is I love everyone"

Auntie, if we do get together mid continent, would you love ME too?

In answer to your question, fighting words are not protected speech according to the supreme court. Fighting words fall into a narrow gap in the constitutional protection of free speech. Other things that fall into that gap are threats that cause a person imminent fear of physical harm, yelling "FIRE" in a crowded theater, false reports to police, fire, 911,ETC.

By Chevalier on Friday, February 08, 2002 - 01:05 pm: Edit

Hi again Terminus,

Here's what I gather from what you've been saying: Don has a short fuse that sparks a foul mouth. You have a slower-burning fuse, but the spark has finally reached the dynamite keg.

When I first read Don's expletives, I was annoyed and repelled too. None of my acquaintances of Don's age has spoken like that to my face. (I have no idea what they say online.) But I've come to believe that those expletives of Don's were free of true malice. Granted, they were wildly beyond the pale ... rank and raunchy ... sometimes hit and sometimes miss. Think of the scene in Monty Python's "Meaning of Life", where the impossibly huge restaurant patron spews countless buckets of vomit. So over the top, so exaggerated was it, that you'd be hard pressed to be truly offended. It's the kind of gross-out that made you giggle ashamedly as a kid. There's no hatred behind it. Unfortunately, words can run away from their owners and make real mischief. Insults and epithets can cut deeper than they intend.

I have to conclude that Don sliced you: the scar is showing. Otherwise, why go through all this trouble? Maybe it's just me, but there's a strong feeling of malice that comes through your posts concerning Don. Your words have charisma, but the energy comes from hate. Hope it passes soon.

By Auntieminda on Friday, February 08, 2002 - 11:41 am: Edit

Terminus,

Really dahlin', before anyone gets the idea that I worship Don, I would like to say that the truth is I love everyone. That's just who I am. I'm not kidding.

I wouldn't purposefully defend Don's bull-in-a-China shop tactics to save my life, and I really hope I didn't come across as doing so.

I will not, however, defend your endless vitrol either. But then, I realize this is frustrating for you, feeling like everyone loves Don and that no one will stick up for you.

But what's in it for you, exactly, to convince us all to hate Don? What do you actually get out of your anti-Don rants? Justification? Absolution?

I hearby absolve you in the name of Auntie Minda, Minister of Knowing Where Your Towel Is, and Patron Saint of Cool Mardi Gras Presents, Church of the Holy Cow. :-)

Affecting Peace and Tranquility,
Auntie M

By Pikkle on Friday, February 08, 2002 - 10:51 am: Edit

*Snore*... I wonder what's on C-Span...

By Wolfgang on Friday, February 08, 2002 - 10:38 am: Edit

I don`t need a TV anymore!

Wolf- looking while eating pop corn.

By Terminus on Friday, February 08, 2002 - 10:28 am: Edit

Terminus:

Your initial completely unprovoked assault on Don and his wife was bad enough, but your subsequent mealy-mouthed attempts to spin-doctor what really transpired, are just nauseating and quite unbearable to read. You've contributed nothing to the Forum. Don is sometimes irascible, and has a penchant for the colourful phrase, but he's also undeniably loyal, fiercely intelligent, an independent thinker and has literally put his money where his mouth is by investing in what promises to be the most
exciting venture in the world of absinthe in the last 90 years. To suggest that he is somehow culpable for the delay in the launch of the products, shows you have just no understanding of what is involved, or for that matter what's involved with the launch of any groundbreaking new business.

Don is one of the people who have made this Forum the extraordinary place it is, or rather was. He's earned the right to occasionally suggest a Blue Label enema for his critics. But you, sir, you are no more than a carbuncle on the face of the Forum.

Go now. Go quickly. Just go.
Don's wife isn't reading this forum, therefore, any real slight to Don's wife is quite imaginary. If I posted that George W. Bush was a cocksucker and he didn't read it, would he care? Would he be offended? No, because he could not care. Unless Don tells his wife that someone on the internet (who doesn't even know her) called her a bad name, there is no problem.

I later posted that I think Don's wife is
a saint for putting up with Don (if in the real world he's anything like the way he is here). In other words, the slight was directed at Don alone.

Please be honest with yourself. In here, Don has posted a plethora of horrible things over the years. Yet somehow his wife is some sort of sacred golden calf? Don's self-righteous anger is just a tad hypocritical. His ire that someone would deign his wife is laughable. What I posted isn't nearly half as bad as what Don has directed to some of the people here on many, many occasions.

Don has temporarily left on his on accord. Like a little girl who didn't get her way, he took his jumping rope and went home because he now views Kallisti as some sort of Forum Nazi who is taking away his right to free speech to call people pustules on his ass. You see, Don cannot debate someone without calling them names. Except when it comes to absinthe, he often has weak arguments and supplements his position with attacks of profanity and name-calling.

Here is an e-mail he sent me:

Fuck you!

And about Vera, who has been described as "a polish goth girl who lives on Dalnet" -- I really could give a rat's ass one way or the other.

Don is putting his money where his mouth is in order to make more money. Could he make even more money doing something else? Maybe. But he chose to embark on this venture. The Jade experiment is not a hobby. Jade will not be free. Don Walsh is not a not-for-profit corporation. Don is a distiller in business to make money. If he can't take some ribbing about delays, then he shouldn't have announced so many times that Jade would be ready for launch soon. I think he posted 18 months ago that he was up to his ass in herbs.

I have started up new businesses, made a ton of money and lost money. I know how difficult a startup can be. I'm sure Don has run into a lot of governmental bullshit which is beyond his control. Either that, or he is an incompetent fool who can't get the proper paperwork together. But you cannot ever question Don or he'll fly off the handle and attack you. Verawench naively tried to help Donnie the other day and Don stupidly misunderstood her and attacked her even though she was helping him.

I once asked Don about economies of scale re: Jade production and he attacked me with "economies of scale don't apply idiot, blah blah blah, I should throw the whole operation in the sea, blah blah blah, you call Jade a myth, blah blah blah, you have no idea how much time and money I've invested blah blah blah, go fuck yourself, cocksucker."

Now, I know everyone is starved for Jade and they won't do a thing to piss Don off.

Therefore, "Don is honest" is a euphemism for "Don is an asshole."

"Don is sometimes irascible and has a penchant for the colourful phrase..."

No, regardless of the subject, he's nearly always irascible and calls those who disagree with him cocksuckers and assholes.

Here's a copy and paste generic insult that he's used before in the forum (he sent me this in an e-mail):

"I'm going to cut of your balls and make you eat them, you asshole. That's assuming I can locate a surgical microscope -- I'm quite sure they aren't visible to the nakes (sic) eye."

Now please remember that this is a FIFTY YEAR OLD man who sent me this junior high smack. I wish I could filter out all of Don's hateful smack posts and just read his informative absinthe posts, but that is not possible. Instead, I have to read his putdowns of Hobgoblin, Doc, Bettina, et cetera.

I really feel sorry for poor Ted always having to defend his partner Don's boorish behavior all the time. Ted deserves better. It's too bad there isn't a distiller in Vietnam who could do the job.

"He's earned the right to occasionally suggest a Blue Label enema for his critics."

Don has earned the right to call people who disagree with him, "cocksuckers?" I don't think so. Actually, he's earned the right for forumites to treat him as badly as he treats us.

You want me to leave? Fine, I'll leave. Tell Don he can come back and call me a cocksucker again. I won't be here to read it, so I don't give a flying fuck. It will be like one big fucking happy family at http://www.sepulchritude.com/forum.

You Don worshippers may have turned Don into a demi-god, but he is just really a Chutulu who is more likely to eat you as he would be to defend you or care about you.

By Auntieminda on Friday, February 08, 2002 - 10:03 am: Edit

First of all, as I'm sure you know, I'm new to this forum, so I don't know the whole history of every discussion ever had. Nevertheless, I would like to say how I see things.

Now, this is probably the pot calling the kettle black, cuz I'll cuss a motherfucker out with the best of them when I'm pissed off, but I really think Don overdoes things just a bit. Not that I don't adore him already. :-) I do. But he left, he says, over free speech issues.

But this is not an issue of free speech. This is about fighting. (Correct me if I'm wrong, law man Baz, but aren't "fighting words" unprotected, or was that some PC hoohah that never really made any sense?)

Kallisti hasn't even said we can't fight, she's said we can't have knock-down-drag-out fights inside the Forum, a measure she is trying to take so that (fairly) innocent bystanders don't get hurt.

Also, I don't know Vera enough to say why she would leave angry, but let me say this: She was trying to help Don, and Don bit her ass off. I would say that she was hurt by the fact that Don's reaction was entirely unexpected and not well justified. As far as I could tell, Don was already too pissed off to think straight and was striking out at anyone who even vaguely looked threatening.

Ya'll, 'scuse me, but I'm going to have to side with Kallisti (thank heaven for her or I would probably be ordering a bottle of Hill's Mouthwash at this very moment). Why can't we act with style. Behave with panache. Affect some manners. Why not? ("I'm so affected, even my lungs are affected" --Aubrey Beardsley)

That being said, I would also have to agree with Wolfgang on having a "fighting arena" where insults to honor can be handled outside the main forum area, but those who are interested can still walk out and watch. Human nature being what it is, some of us will go to watch the blood spillage.

Meanwhile, the rest of us can talk about frock coats until Morganlefey passes out in ecstasy.

End Rant,
Auntie M

By Chevalier on Friday, February 08, 2002 - 09:38 am: Edit

I agree that the course of reaction you're promoting is the high road. I suggested the same at the very beginning of the Staticburst episode: "Better to ignore him." Others joined the bandwagon, including Don.

Easy to say, hard to do. The fact is that Terminus's arrows were well-aimed. This wasn't some anonymous, half-informed troll flailing in the dark with a switchblade. Nor was it some dumb grenade spewing shrapnel all over the place. This was an entity known to the forum, someone who has really done his homework, studied Don's posts and targeted his vulnerable spots. Ignoring Terminus would be akin to a personal appeasement. Not an attractive move.

By Anatomist on Friday, February 08, 2002 - 08:00 am: Edit

I'd say the 'right to self defense' argument is a bit of a stretch. If someone calls you names or rants hysterically in your general direction, what real harm will come to you if you simply ignore it, or just say "Whatever. Have fun."? Chances are, responding in a neutral or deflationary way to a Terminus-like entity will make him look more like an illegitimate idiot than engaging him. It's like playing tug of war with a disobedient dog on a leash - doing so gives the dog equivalent status and a venue to mount a continued challenge. I think this diminishes the concept of self-defense, words - especially obviously inane ones - only cause harm if they defame or diminish one's character in a demonstrable way: like ruining someone's career. Even then, it only needs to be defended if the content is false. Name calling here ruins no careers and usually has no content to verify. No one is going to bleed to death or starve if it is ignored or left unchallenged.

My interpretation is that trading barbed words here is more like a sport, that some of us find fun to do, and some fun to observe. Don has more credibility doing it because he is established here, but also because he can play the argument/insult game with entertaining flair (although sometimes with less than others). I enjoy the game, but I try to draw the line at outright namecalling - it seems to me to signify that one's game is off, technique or control are slipping, and that one is resorting to desperate measures. Perhaps the times have changed, and this kind of play is now banned.

On a related note, the fact that Vera, of all people, stormed away hurt is a farce. I don't think anyone should feel badly about that. She was as vicious a player of the game as anyone. I actually liked her, despite the fact that almost everything she said irritated me, but I can't see taking a tantrum like this seriously.

K.

By Chevalier on Friday, February 08, 2002 - 05:38 am: Edit

Oxygenee: This situation has been brewing for a while, and it's not simply between Terminus and Don. On and off over the past few months, Kallisti has waved yellow flags at Don regarding his more heated posts. It's a matter for them both to resolve. On the other hand, Terminus and Don have nothing to resolve. The next step for them, if anything, is a duel.

I'd like to remind forumites like Verawench (and Kallisti) that Don has come to your defense again and again. Remember the Staticburst troll? Do you recall what s/he wrote about Vera and Kallisti? Nasty stuff, and Don didn't hesitate to strike back. Few of us seem to mind Don's expletives and epithets when they're directed against people who have insulted you or me personally. But when someone makes a very explicit, very personal attack against Don himself, here in public, with no exaggeration or humor to detoxify the venom ... well, now's the time to disarm Walsh, clean him up or have him go private, right? Wrong. Now is the LEAST appropriate time to do so. The man took a public punch below the belt; it's almost cruel to hold him back.

If Don's handling of Verawench is also a factor, take a closer look at what started it. Don, misinterpreting what Vera said, wrote a message explaining why her words were "misinterpretable", to which Vera reacted defensively (and mildly offensively, by Forum standards) by replying that Don could be a jerk. Surprise! Don breathed fire. Head Prosthesis tsk-tsked Don. Don breathed fire on him. In the final analysis, so what?

By Pablo on Friday, February 08, 2002 - 01:39 am: Edit

I say we just beat the holy motherfucking living bejeasus shit out of each other at the NY get together.
Or pick up some ho's. Any thoughts?

By Oxygenee on Friday, February 08, 2002 - 12:36 am: Edit

Terminus:

Your initial completely unprovoked assault on Don and his wife was bad enough, but your subsequent mealy-mouthed attempts to spin-doctor what really transpired, are just nauseating and quite unbearable to read. You've contributed nothing to the Forum. Don is sometimes irascible, and has a penchant for the colourful phrase, but he's also undeniably loyal, fiercely intelligent, an independent thinker and has literally put his money where his mouth is by investing in what promises to be the most exciting venture in the world of absinthe in the last 90 years. To suggest that he is somehow culpable for the delay in the launch of the products, shows you have just no understanding of what is involved, or for that matter what's involved with the launch of any groundbreaking new business.

Don is one of the people who have made this Forum the extraordinary place it is, or rather was. He's earned the right to occasionally suggest a Blue Label enema for his critics. But you, sir, you are no more than a carbuncle on the face of the Forum.

Go now. Go quickly. Just go.

By Pan on Thursday, February 07, 2002 - 11:58 pm: Edit

I like pirates.

ARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!

-Dev

By Pikkle on Thursday, February 07, 2002 - 11:47 pm: Edit

Ooh... dirty monkey throbs with that sort of brute honesty... ooh...

By Destiny on Thursday, February 07, 2002 - 11:44 pm: Edit

Been busy the past couple of days. JEEZ, I can't believe what happened!

The problem I have with Kallisti's new policy is with the inescapable subjectiveness that is bound to occur. It's the same problem I have with the Supreme Court's subjective interpretation of obscenity - "I know it when I see it." Yes, it's Kallisti's forum and she can do what she wants, but this also puts her in a no-win situation.

If Don (or his wife) was verbally attacked, then he should have the right of self-defense, just like a physical confrontation. I couldn't tell what Don's position was. Did he *not* want the Admin to step in at all or did he object to his being warned?

I think that the person that was attacked should be the one calling for justice. Example: Don feels that Terminus' post crossed a certain line so Don alone has the right to call for justice. The Admin then throws it to the forum who vote and decide on a punishment, if any. Democracy, mob rules, pirate justice, whatever... better than a police state.

It could be a somewhat fun way to deal with nasty situations. Justice is served and Kallisti is off the "censorship" hook.

But I do think that respectful newbie's (that have read the FAQ) should be treated with more dignity. For the more experienced people here that consider it below them to answer newbie questions, don't be so jaded (no pun intended), answer some damn questions if they are sincerely asked. Write a review - god knows that the buyer's guide could use more reviews.

Let's be cool people, maybe you're insulting someone that you could have fucked at the next get together had you not been such an asshole to them on the forum!

By Dr_Ordinaire on Thursday, February 07, 2002 - 02:59 pm: Edit

"...call people malignant, malevolent, little cocksucking assholes who should have their balls cut off and then should be impaled on pikes (just for disagreeing with him). "

Heck, Terminus, you should have seen him when he was really trying to be nasty...

Anyway, it's hard to imagine the Forum without Don...

By Terminus on Thursday, February 07, 2002 - 02:17 pm: Edit

Don has not been kicked out (as far as I know).

He left on his own because Kallisti said he couldn't call people malignant, malevolent, little cocksucking assholes who should have their balls cut off and then should be impaled on pikes (just for disagreeing with him).

By Chevalier on Thursday, February 07, 2002 - 02:13 pm: Edit

Ché, Kallisti informed us that he hasn't been kicked out.

By Dr_Ordinaire on Thursday, February 07, 2002 - 02:09 pm: Edit

Please, pretty please, don't tell me Don has been kicked out of the Forum.

I REALLY love to hate him...

By Baz on Thursday, February 07, 2002 - 01:58 pm: Edit

HEYHEY-
be civil!

By Chevalier on Thursday, February 07, 2002 - 01:56 pm: Edit

I'll match my Pun against your Pug any day ... sir.

By Louched_Liver on Thursday, February 07, 2002 - 01:51 pm: Edit

It's blunt and lively and kinda smart.
Like a Pug.
How can anyone resist a Pug?

By Chevalier on Thursday, February 07, 2002 - 01:45 pm: Edit

Almost always true. But ether is stronger (and stranger) than you surmise. If not, then what is it about this Forum that ether attracts or repels us? [Pun intended.]

By Louched_Liver on Thursday, February 07, 2002 - 01:35 pm: Edit

Why would anyone care what someone they didn't know personally said about them here? If one of the 4 Forumites I've met, and talked to face to face, dissed me here about something other than my obvious flaws that any of you can pick up on, I'd be less than thrilled. Beyond that, it's just someone pissin' words into ether, as far as I'm concerned.

By Admin on Thursday, February 07, 2002 - 01:27 pm: Edit

hmm, why don't the folks who don't find it "liberating" speak up? oh!
because they're all gone! what d'ya know!

[i'm exaggerating here folks, but you get my meaning]

By Baz on Thursday, February 07, 2002 - 12:59 pm: Edit

I agree w/louched. Sometimes it gets old, but it's a forum. everyone gets input in a forum. Sometimes people get gas on this forum. As I said we are all malcontents, we come here to bitch and hear each other bitch. Sometimes it's liberating. Sometimes it's annoying. Usually its liberating or annoying based on whether or not we agree with that particular bitch sesion.

By Admin on Thursday, February 07, 2002 - 12:45 pm: Edit

the problem is half of you have roadside accident syndrome, and the other half go away saying "what a bunch of fucking idiots", while just a very few actually get hurt.

Do not doubt there will be plenty more arguments. I'm not banning controversy, ferchrissakes.

By Louched_Liver on Thursday, February 07, 2002 - 12:40 pm: Edit

Just 'cuz I wanna say it:

As far as I was concerned, the protracted bickering sessions were merely boring. Just a bunch of name calling between people who I didn't really know, nor who knew each other. It could be kind of interesting sometimes, but usually not for long. I never got offended reading any of it.
But, it is, or was part of the flavor of this Forum. I'll miss it.

The kid who watched every playground fight,
Louchey the Peeper

By Baz on Thursday, February 07, 2002 - 12:18 pm: Edit

Harpy, if you think any of your statements have led to any of this, you haven't read enough posts. Your worst so far has been a purr compared to the flames I've seen. You fit in as well as any of us other malcontents and misfits. Hopefully it will all blow over soon and we can live as one big unhappy family again.

By Admin on Thursday, February 07, 2002 - 12:13 pm: Edit

fuck yeah!

By Pikkle on Thursday, February 07, 2002 - 11:58 am: Edit

Can we still say "fuck" alot?

By Admin on Thursday, February 07, 2002 - 11:51 am: Edit

Terminus, it would be best if you just left other people's wives out of the discussion altogether.

And Ms. Harpy ... I have to admit I haven't been reading the other threads much of late. You're doing just fine.

By Admin on Thursday, February 07, 2002 - 11:49 am: Edit

No one has been punished retroactively.

No one's posting options have been revoked. Despite numerous requests to have accounts deleted from various people. I have not done so.

This was not designed to punish Don.

This was designed to set some ground rules for future issues that might arise.

Numerous people have already left, numerous people with ALOT of valuable input have hit the road. Choosing not to put up with the petty bickering that has become all too common.

Please reserve your cry of "censorship" until you have something to cry about.

I've always been fair and free handed. Do you think I'd change now? I ask you to trust me, and while you might not always agree with my decisions, do know that I never make them lightly, or without ALOT of work that goes on behind the scenes to resolve issues.

By Terminus on Thursday, February 07, 2002 - 11:49 am: Edit

Chevalier, Doc Ordinaire, others:

Please read the last half dozen posts in "Life After Jade."

Don's wife is not a whore. She is a former whore.

Don posted this little tidbit himself.

He boasted that she quit whoring after she met him.

Don's self-righteous indignation is making me ill.

He is driving away other posters, not attracting them (eg. Verawench just left).

That is why Kallisti is taking this hardass, hardline approach.

By Verdigris_Harpy on Thursday, February 07, 2002 - 11:37 am: Edit

Hey all,

If I am being out of line or presumptuous(sp?) by
saying this,please feel free to to critique
or even give me a smack,because I am concerned
this might be due to my own post to Don re
my post to him.

Or,the post I sent about saying OK,already
to people on the list taking swipes at me,etc.
The reason I am bringing this up is because it
was very shortly after these to posts from me,
an admitted,and admittedly very touchy of late,
nebwbie to the page and list that Kallisti
posted her warning.

I'm certianly not taking a position that
I am important enough to warrant getting
worked up about ,but if my posts did happen
to contribute in some way,I would hate to see
any long standing members here leave because
of my nuttiness,even if it might have been only
a little drop in a big pond.

If this post is too long or overly verbose,
no apologies.Trying to be a good sport.No
further apologies for apologies,or being
anoying to anyone,in any way.

I hope nooone leaves.This is the best,most
open list I am on.If people bite,at least they
have the sense and intelligence to apologise,
and usually in a coherent way.Thank you,Kallisti,
for taking the time to share your hobby with
malcontents who really know how to throw a party,and even being tolerant of the genuinely insane (at least at times,an only speaking for myself). It,and you are appreciated.(Real,sincere,
kiss on the ass.Insert annoying winky emoticom).

By Chevalier on Thursday, February 07, 2002 - 10:43 am: Edit

Kallisti, it seems to me you're punishing Don retroactively. He's spit much hotter fire in the past, with less reason to do so. Why clamp down on him now, of all times? Can you imagine how insulting, how evil it is to have one's spouse called a whore? Of course you can. We all can. It doesn't get much lower than that.

Give Don "Captain Haddock" Walsh a break. There are more than a few people around here who could also be punished retroactively. It doesn't mean that they should be.

By Baz on Thursday, February 07, 2002 - 09:44 am: Edit

If I remember correctly, that was part of the old ways of absinthe too...
I realize that this is your baby and hobby, and I respect your desire to keep this clean, but I hate the thought of censorship as much as the thought of people with relevent opinions leaving.

By Wolfgang on Thursday, February 07, 2002 - 09:31 am: Edit

You see dear Admin, they want their spanking ! They beg for it!

So why don't you open a "fighting arena zone" where people will go to fight and throw insults, leaving the official forum clean ?

Let's call it "the back alley" or "pirate's alley" where we throw the garbage out ! I would also suggest to set this section "for members only" even to read it. We don't need any lurker looking at this extreme debaucherie. Picture people fighting, broken absinthe bottles in hand, unshaven pirates placing bets, peoples lying againsts the wall, puking and some other asleep amongst the garbages. Throw in some dirty whore laughing stupidly at a poor guy shaking like beacon, having epileptic seizure while others secretely exchange secret recipes, away from the public).

By Baz on Thursday, February 07, 2002 - 08:20 am: Edit

Hey don,
I have heard repeatedly that I'm not really here until I have had one caustic disagreement with you! If you leave now, I will have the existential delima of "where am I, if I'm not here?"
Let us newbies get to know you too.

Same to vera-I hope you didn't leave too.

By Pikkle on Thursday, February 07, 2002 - 07:51 am: Edit

Don, stop being gay!

By Don_Walsh on Thursday, February 07, 2002 - 07:49 am: Edit

Too late!

By Pablo on Thursday, February 07, 2002 - 06:06 am: Edit

Don, listen to your Doctor. He's right.

By Dr_Ordinaire on Thursday, February 07, 2002 - 05:52 am: Edit

Don:

By now I think that this Forum (me included)is composed by mal-adjusted, development-challenged, irascible, sometimes brilliant, probably alcoholic, definitely interesting individuals.

Whatever insults we have heaped on each other, I like to think that, when all is said and done, we are still gentlemen/ladies.

Whoever insulted your wife crossed an invisible line, and I'm sure the entire Forum, not just you, felt the insult as personal. We were shamed by that person. That's not the way we are.

By Bjacques on Thursday, February 07, 2002 - 02:40 am: Edit

Please don't be hasty, Don. I think it still leaves room for a (non-vitriolic) final reply (if one wants to bother) before abandoning a particular discussion. Our Admin has only bounced one person before, so give her a chance with this. The forum would be a poorer place without you.

By Pikkle on Thursday, February 07, 2002 - 12:19 am: Edit

How can you take my soul?
Stop...I need a new beat
Can't find the spoon that we once had,
The sugar cubes will melt no more

By Pikkle on Thursday, February 07, 2002 - 12:11 am: Edit

Donny, don't go... we've had so much fun!!!

By Pikkle on Wednesday, February 06, 2002 - 11:16 pm: Edit

Ack! I just got done polishing my FAL too!!!

By Don_Walsh on Wednesday, February 06, 2002 - 08:16 pm: Edit

Add my name to the Fastly Fleeing.

You just tore down the punk stripper absinthe bar and put up a Chuck E Cheese in its place.

Here's what you are imposing:

Some guttersnipe who hasn't posted on here for a year or so can come on here and call my wife a whore and I am supposed to bite my tongue, meanwhile the post stands till you notice it sometime in the further 48 hours, or until someone points it out to you.

Well, I don't wish to spend my days and nights writing notes to the school marm.

So thanks for the return to Sunnybrook Farm, this will free up a lot of my time and energy for more productive purposes.

Cancel my account.

By Admin on Wednesday, February 06, 2002 - 07:10 pm: Edit

Announcing Zero Tolerance for Forum Nastiness

1) anyone baiting or insulting other forum members in a violent or vitriolic manner will have their account revoked for 1 week without warning, repeat offenses may be revoked for longer period or permanently, at my discretion. If you feel your account has been revoked, feel free to contact me.

2) anyone responding in a vitriolic manner to being baited or insulted, or perpetuating an argument that has turned nasty and ought to have been taken private, will be treated the same.

3) you know when an issue should be taken up privately, please exercise your discretion when posting to the forum.

As you all know, I dislike police work, but the sleeping giantess has awoken (actual size of my ass not withstanding). I do not do this lightly, but circumstances and fastly fleeing forum members require a firmer hand. The problem (and blessing) with large diverse groups of people is that, eventually, they get to know eachother and feel very comfortable at ripping the throats out of their comrades. Fun to some, torture to others. Especially me, being the one person in the middle deflecting all this negative energy. Remember, this is my hobby, I do it because I love it. I want to keep loving it, and adoring all of you.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation