So far no thread with "Water" in it

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru February 2002:So far no thread with "Water" in it
By Pikkle on Thursday, February 14, 2002 - 10:45 am: Edit

Ypsituky well water... can't beat that iron!

By Chevalier on Thursday, February 14, 2002 - 10:39 am: Edit

I'll take -1.

By Petermarc on Thursday, February 14, 2002 - 10:33 am: Edit

i'm taking orders now...

By Heiko on Thursday, February 14, 2002 - 10:17 am: Edit

whisky connoisseurs drink their single malts with Scottish spring water. Why not using Val de Travers spring water for absinthe? But probably you won't find any of that - unless Peter maybe would like to sell the ultimate absinthe-kit? I'm thinking of 10 French sugar cubes plus Val de Travers spring water, 500ml, all in a nice package for only 200$ plus shipping. Goes really nice with your 200$ La Bleue (and isn't that expensive in comparison...) ;-)

By Wolfgang on Thursday, February 14, 2002 - 06:16 am: Edit

Marc, I wasn`t being snooty there, it`s just that my tap water is undrinkable like pool water.

By Marccampbell on Thursday, February 14, 2002 - 02:43 am: Edit

I dilute my absinthe with the same water that I bathe in: EVIAN.

By Chevalier on Wednesday, February 13, 2002 - 12:07 pm: Edit

I've thought about this too. It's almost certain that the Forum has touched upon it before. My vote is for whatever water pleases you most. Try experimenting: water's relatively cheap. As for "spring water from Pontarlier or Val de Travers", I see a business opportunity along the lines of those "$100" sugar cubes ...

By Wolfgang on Wednesday, February 13, 2002 - 12:05 pm: Edit

Well, absinthe is so aromatic that I doubt you would be able to taste the difference anyway...

I only drink Labrador spring water (I have a fountain with a 18L bottle on top...). Of course I use this water in my absinthe also.

I usualy use 1:5 ratio, sometimes even more.

By Lmarchegrisiste on Wednesday, February 13, 2002 - 12:00 pm: Edit

Good Day Folks,
My first post today!

As Absinthe is ordinarily drank with 3/4 dilution you would think someone would have started a thread on the water used to dilute it. Tap water, Distilled, Poland Spring, Evyan, Appolinari? What would you use. The most expensive waters have distinctive taste and minerals. Would you use free tap water with a $150 bottle? While pure distilled water has no character. Would you want a spring water from Pontarliers or Val de Travers?

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation