Sugar???

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru February 2002:Sugar???
By _Blackjack on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 09:23 am: Edit

I find Dixie Crystals melt better than Domino Dots. Just get them a little wet first, wait a minute, and then pour and they dissolve quite nicely.

By Paul on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 07:56 am: Edit

I have an unlimited supply of Domino Sugar packets from the local IHOP, just pour it in & stir. This method is so advanced it doesn't even require a spoon or special glass.

I believe it was already said, but is worth repeating. "Sugar is fucking sugar"

Unless its the ritual you get off on, then just go with whatevers prettiest.

By Lmarchegrisiste on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 07:39 am: Edit

The Morning News

Al Roker just visited a Mormon reenactment camp near the Olympics. They were using sugarloaves like the kind I was talking about. If you catch the program after I do then you can see the form that the early absinthe drinkers used and why they might want to us tongs or melt their sugar on top of their glasses.

By Mvario on Saturday, February 16, 2002 - 06:09 am: Edit

Try Dean and Delucca, you know, where Felicity works? A little better price.

By Sicboy13 on Friday, February 15, 2002 - 11:50 pm: Edit

Sounded good & I'm rich, why do you think? I ordered it for the same reason I try a new brand of absinthe each time, I am open & willing to try new things, & there is nothing sacred or romantic about C&H sugar cubes from Wal-Mart. Satisfied????

By Pikkle on Friday, February 15, 2002 - 09:55 pm: Edit

I just put a few drops of blood in mine... all the extra "umph" I need...

By Destiny on Friday, February 15, 2002 - 09:53 pm: Edit

of course, what else would you fuck?

By Pikkle on Friday, February 15, 2002 - 09:35 pm: Edit

fuck sugar you fucking pussies!

By Destiny on Friday, February 15, 2002 - 09:32 pm: Edit

The taste between sugar is the same, BUT, I really hate the way that regular little cubes (like C&H) just completely fall apart after just a few drips of water. They don't even melt, those damn little grains just sit there like sand at the bottom of the frickin' glass. I get less grit from the coarse A La Perruche chunks. The water is sweetened from the cube and then drips into the glass. The chunk finally dissolves after a few minutes, not a few seconds. I think it's much nicer especially if you're into the whole aesthetic.

Why did you order Betina's sugar if sugar is just sugar? Was it a freebie?

By Sicboy13 on Friday, February 15, 2002 - 08:15 pm: Edit

Dude, I said it first, sugar is fucking sugar

By Heiko on Friday, February 15, 2002 - 08:12 pm: Edit

Are you really discussing sugar cubes here? No irony involved? Special French sugar cubes from Betty? I can't believe it...

Mine are from the store on the other side of the street. They cost almost nothing and come in a box. What can be so different about other sugar cubes?

By Sicboy13 on Friday, February 15, 2002 - 07:19 pm: Edit

I will let you know, I'm not quite sure but I am getting it from Betina.

By Destiny on Friday, February 15, 2002 - 06:32 pm: Edit

Hey Sicboy, what brand of the French cubes are you getting? Still hoping to find a US vendor for a regular sized box of the St. Louis tablets!

By Brett on Friday, February 15, 2002 - 11:26 am: Edit

I've got some locally produced Roger's Sugar cubes. I've used for nothing else but absinthe, except for maybe eating the occasional one and I think I put one in my tea once.

They're a little too big, so a bit of stiring is generally required,but you still end up with some in the bottom.

An interesting side note -if anyone's in Vancouver (ever), apparently the Roger's Sugar refinery here has a musuem. Its located at -get this- 123 Roger's Street, between downtown Vancouver and Ballantyne pier. Smack in the middle of the ghetto.

By Sicboy13 on Thursday, February 14, 2002 - 05:29 pm: Edit

LL, you be splittin' a brotha's side up in here

By Louched_Liver on Thursday, February 14, 2002 - 05:27 pm: Edit

If sugar was that big a component to the taste, I'd be drinkin' sumpin' else prolly.

By Louched_Liver on Thursday, February 14, 2002 - 05:26 pm: Edit

Dots, dots, dots.
Had a box for over a year. Only use it w/the good stuff is why.

By Sicboy13 on Thursday, February 14, 2002 - 05:19 pm: Edit

C&H is my current stock, although I do have some French sugar en route. But hey, sugar is sugar.

By Pikkle on Thursday, February 14, 2002 - 03:58 pm: Edit

yes, I think walmart is cheaper

By Themagicman on Thursday, February 14, 2002 - 12:15 pm: Edit

so what kind of sugar should one use should one go through the trouble to get the European lonzenge type. I just been using the kind that i find at walmart or target is their a dif.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation