Wnbc 4 video for your viewing pleasure

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru February 2002:Wnbc 4 video for your viewing pleasure
By Chrysippvs on Thursday, February 14, 2002 - 07:34 pm: Edit

well I captured it totally uncompressed and then encoded it in virutal dub. My capture card is so-so, and I wish I could get it to capture at a high-resolution (320x240 is not great at all). What is a good bitrate, but economical on size consideration. I am using the program D-scaler, VirutalDub seems to really mess with my video mode, but maybe I can tweak it out or something.

By Heiko on Thursday, February 14, 2002 - 07:27 pm: Edit

Did I hear video capture? Aaahhh! ;-)

I don't think you could do the vid in much better quality than this. The bitrate is very very low - you could reduce the framerate to 15fps, but that's not really better, I guess.
btw. TV captures from analog source are the worst you can get for encoding to Divx.

I always capture with VirtualDub and also use it for filtering and encoding. It's a great program and it's freeware. There are some nice additional filters like the very good "2D cleaner" for this prog.

For DivX encoding I'd recommend GordianKnot, either in combination with Divx 4.12 or NanDub SBC (a DivX 3.11 extension). Gknot is a very nice frontend for the best encoding tools and it gives you very good quality/filesize control.

Good guides and everything you need to know (plus more...) on doom9.org

btw thanks for the video!

By Chrysippvs on Thursday, February 14, 2002 - 07:16 pm: Edit

"Bwah! It's hammer time..."

My Latin name is better than my Hebrew one, Yakov Yassir ben-Baruch ben-Itzak Ha-Khoen, literally, "Jacob Just son of the Blessed, son of Isaac, the priest"

at any rate, I want my parachute pants and my Church millitant.

By Louched_Liver on Thursday, February 14, 2002 - 06:53 pm: Edit

A viewing of the WNBC mess will be part of the Head eastward migration, and also Absinthe Orgy. Or, e-mail me, and I'll give Head a copy for ya.

By Pikkle on Thursday, February 14, 2002 - 06:41 pm: Edit

I wanna see! I wanna see!!!

By _Blackjack on Thursday, February 14, 2002 - 06:36 pm: Edit

I don't know what was funnier: the pictures of Hills, or the sight of the "fine spirits expert" holding a bottle of Absente.

And I'm not a fancy-lad or nothin', but that Ted is a FINE looking man.

Bwah! It's hammer time...

By Chrysippvs on Thursday, February 14, 2002 - 06:27 pm: Edit

"Will you have a Death Star?"

That is up to Darth Breaux, I am busy training a horde of Sith warriors. Please see the sign-up sheet at my website.

By Maldoror on Thursday, February 14, 2002 - 06:22 pm: Edit

Just watched that piece of... American media. Not far off from that other great informative piece, "Reefer Madness"

As far as the Absinthe empire - Will you have a Death Star? Can I run the "blow your planet up laser." If I remember correctly it was green.

By Chrysippvs on Thursday, February 14, 2002 - 03:39 pm: Edit

you may need the DIVX codec to see the movie...

you can get it here:

By Pikkle on Thursday, February 14, 2002 - 03:33 pm: Edit

Hey... do it in MPEG, I'm one of those goofy mac users...

By Lint on Thursday, February 14, 2002 - 03:27 pm: Edit

very interesting...
finally got to see ted & justin..."coming months"
todd drools....

By Maldoror on Thursday, February 14, 2002 - 03:25 pm: Edit

Having trouble downloading this. All I get is the sound of someone laughing then blank nothing for 3 minutes.

By Chrysippvs on Thursday, February 14, 2002 - 03:24 pm: Edit

lol...when I captured it (my first capture ever) it was 640 megs, I am still learning the fine art of compression and capturing.

any good programs out there you know of. I am using an ATI TV wonder (not the VE or USB models), and Dscaler, and a few other programs...

any good capture programs, DIVX encoders, editors, etc. I have tinkered with Adobe Preimire but it only lets me capture in 320x240 wich is on the low side...

By Raschied on Thursday, February 14, 2002 - 03:14 pm: Edit

Justin, If you get me the raw AVI file, I can work some magic with the encoding. It's what I do for a living. :) Let me know.

By Chrysippvs on Thursday, February 14, 2002 - 02:40 pm: Edit

Actually, if you will, download it from the following link:

Most e-mail servers won't allow 4 megs files, so this easier for some people.

By Chrysippvs on Thursday, February 14, 2002 - 02:23 pm: Edit

Fellow members of the forum,

For your interest, and certainly not your education, I have captured the WNBC4 to avi. It is encoded really tightly and the quality suffers, but I hope this is tolerable.

If you want a copy of it e-mail me and I will either forward it to you, or give you info to get it from my FTP.

your humble member of the Absinthe Triumvirate

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation