Los Angeles gathering at the Playboy Mansion!

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru February 2002:Los Angeles gathering at the Playboy Mansion!
By Tavarua on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 - 02:24 pm: Edit

Bear LTD.

By Etienne on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 10:26 pm: Edit

Right you are, Pikkle. I was thinking in terms of a general production item. I still think of Wilson as being a custom firearm, even though they're doing a much larger production than they used to.

By Pikkle on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 06:51 pm: Edit

Wilson man... Wilson Combat... can't beat it...

By Tavarua on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 06:03 pm: Edit

"Springfield is good, Kimber is better."

Cheaper too.

By Etienne on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 04:07 pm: Edit

Sig may just make the best automatic going today, it's virtually a hand fitted pistol. All the police forces around here, city, county and state, use the 226.

If you want a sweet 1911, try a Kimber. Springfield is good, Kimber is better.

By Tavarua on Sunday, February 24, 2002 - 12:01 pm: Edit

I have the P220. It was that or a Mark IV, I do not regret my choice. I wish they would come out .22 conversion kit for the Sig though. That is the only disadvantage to chosing the Sig over the 1911.

By Destiny on Sunday, February 24, 2002 - 11:43 am: Edit

My information is probably dated because I haven't followed things lately, but I seem to remember that the Sig 228 was chosen as the FBI "standard" issue. It only stuck in my mind because I have that pistol.

By Tavarua on Sunday, February 24, 2002 - 09:16 am: Edit

"I though that Sig had the FBI contract?"

Sigarms could have won a contract recently. The one that I am referring to was for FBI Officers that were involved in more stwat/tac roles. Like I said, it was for only a couple thousand pistols, it might have been a lot less than that actually. But what stood out is that they went with a gun that was purely a comp gun. If they were going for the .45, the P220 would have been a much better choice, for the purpose. The action is like butter, can't imagine a smoother pull. But if I ever get around to trying out the comp seen, I would take a tweaked out Springfield any day.

By Destiny on Saturday, February 23, 2002 - 08:03 pm: Edit

I though that Sig had the FBI contract?

By Tavarua on Saturday, February 23, 2002 - 02:15 pm: Edit

"Springfield makes a good 1911."

A real nice 1911. A couple of years back, they won the contract for a couple thousand to be made for the FBI. It's funny though, if you see the specs., it was actually an IDPA pistol. Hope those boys never have to use them, outside of a IDPA competition.

By Etienne on Monday, February 18, 2002 - 08:47 pm: Edit

Glad to hear yours is cool. I was probably a bit hasty in judgement. We've had a some of the FALs in... mostly the knockoff of the H-K 91, those have been nothing but trouble. We try not to buy them any more. Springfield makes a good 1911, their M1-A is a GREAT rifle, some of the Brazilian stuff needs some help.

My STG-58 is built on a DSA receiver, the only other one I even considered was the Imbel. DSA is selling basically the same package now. Their in-house rifle is fifteen hundred bucks, a bit too rich for me.

By Pikkle on Monday, February 18, 2002 - 08:11 pm: Edit

Yer fuckin kidding me... Springfield's FAL was one of the better one's made! I've put about 4000 rounds through mine and with the exception of some bad Malasion NATO 308, I've never had a fucking jam or a stove pipe... and if you're gonna invest in an STG58, you might as well get an FN or a new DSA.

By Etienne on Monday, February 18, 2002 - 07:44 pm: Edit

Springfield Armories version sucks. Same for their H-K knockoff. I've wasted way too much time trying to get those things to work right.

Austrian STG-58. Creme de la creme of the Belgian design.

By Pikkle on Monday, February 18, 2002 - 07:33 pm: Edit

Where's my SAR-48????

By Etienne on Monday, February 18, 2002 - 07:22 pm: Edit

Cleaning blood from leather toys??? Ohhhh boy. Where's my FAL?

By Auntieminda on Monday, February 18, 2002 - 07:16 pm: Edit

Care and Cleaning of Toys

By Sicboy13 on Monday, February 18, 2002 - 10:42 am: Edit

No I do not, thank-you very much! Sic(but not that sic)boy

By Destiny on Sunday, February 17, 2002 - 10:09 pm: Edit

you know donut personally?

By Sicboy13 on Sunday, February 17, 2002 - 09:04 pm: Edit

ever inserted a butt plug into a donut? It's a good fit!

By Pikkle on Saturday, February 16, 2002 - 08:27 pm: Edit

Ugh... the ole hotel butt plug syndrome... who knows where those things have been...

By Destiny on Saturday, February 16, 2002 - 04:19 pm: Edit

Leave your collection at home. Commemorative butt plugs will be given as party favors.

By Pikkle on Saturday, February 16, 2002 - 03:54 pm: Edit

can I bring my butt plug collection?

By Artist on Saturday, February 16, 2002 - 03:53 pm: Edit

If this is on the up and up, I certainly am...

By Destiny on Friday, February 15, 2002 - 10:12 pm: Edit

Donut the journalist is gonna talk to his Playboy editor/teacher and host a gathering at Hugh's crib. Who's in?

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation