Thoughts on Pontarlier Anis (2nd try)

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru February 2002:Thoughts on Pontarlier Anis (2nd try)
By Chrysippvs on Saturday, February 16, 2002 - 02:47 pm: Edit

"It doesn't say "according to old Swiss recipe", it doesn't say "thujone", it doesn't have a stylish clear bottle with radioactive green fluid inside..."

neither did Herbsaint...

I am mostly being facetious anyhow..

- J

By Heiko on Saturday, February 16, 2002 - 02:43 pm: Edit

I can remember Andy praising Pontarlier Anis on a German forum some time ago, but there seemed to be no special rush on it.

It doesn't say "according to old Swiss recipe", it doesn't say "thujone", it doesn't have a stylish clear bottle with radioactive green fluid inside - I guess the thujone crowd won't buy it.

By Chrysippvs on Saturday, February 16, 2002 - 02:27 pm: Edit

No, not that...the floods of people wanting Pontarlier Anis for the secondary effects. Just like when Herbsaint was "shown" to have tons of thjuone people went out and bought tons of the stuff....

- J

By Heiko on Saturday, February 16, 2002 - 02:26 pm: Edit

"oy vey....I see it comming.."

relax, I don't run out on the streets and shout anything. I admit that was a little overstated ;-)

I don't want to see my picture in the yellow press below the headline "First to go crazy on absinthe!! Ban it now!!"

By Tabreaux on Saturday, February 16, 2002 - 02:07 pm: Edit

"Can it be that the new Guy absinthe is just the Anis colored with some A. Pontica?"

No, they are dissimilar.

By Maldoror on Saturday, February 16, 2002 - 02:04 pm: Edit

Very inspiring words. I'm curious to try both of these. Hopefully I can get them over to the States.

By Chrysippvs on Saturday, February 16, 2002 - 01:47 pm: Edit

oy vey....I see it comming..

By Heiko on Saturday, February 16, 2002 - 01:36 pm: Edit

"Pontarlier Anis - Ponsec - Depuis 1890"
the label says, and I think this might be the truth (what kind of "Anis" has there been in 1890?)

Can it be that the new Guy absinthe is just the Anis colored with some A. Pontica?

Yesterday I had two glasses of the Anis and two glasses of the Francois Guy absinthe and after a long time felt real secondary effects again. There was no normal drunkenness, it was pure clear headed absinthe drunkenness. At 4 in the night I decided to do a little weightlifting exercises and enjoyed these very much. Today I awoke from a night of crazy dreams and had a little difficulty to convince myself that all of the upsetting stuff I had just dreamed wasn't real ;-)

About an hour ago I wanted to know if the F.G. absinthe had been so strong or if it was both of the drinks. I'm right now about to empty the third glass of the Anis and I'm pretty sure I'm drinking absinthe. Not only does it taste and look like Absinthe, but it also feels like absinthe - and if you ask me, not like a weak one. Forget NS 70, Serpis 65, those make me sleepy, the Pontarlier Anis wakes me up. Even Segarra can't produce that much of a special feeling.
The La Bleue I had produced a similar feeling but didn't that much wake me up.

I finished the 3rd glass now and I'm sure one more glass and I'd run out on the street, raise my arms to heaven and shout "I love you all!"
I definitely never felt more secondary effects from any absinthe than from this...

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation