Anyone here play MMORPGs?

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru February 2002:Anyone here play MMORPGs?
By Morriganlefey on Thursday, February 21, 2002 - 09:58 am: Edit

Drbeer -

I'll buy your Friar, AND your supply of Hill's...(uh huh). But you might want to reconsider - next patch has Friars getting ALOT of love.

- Morrigan
47 Minstrel
Albion Gawaine
Fear the Flute

By Drbeer on Wednesday, February 20, 2002 - 03:30 pm: Edit

MMORPG=Massively Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game

Heiko you might want to check out Infiltration. It might be something that you would like. It's a mod for Unreal Tournament.
http://infiltration.sentrystudios.com/

Morrigan, I played DAoC for 3 months. I quit right after Christmas with 43 friar and 32 scout. I played on Merlin/Albion. Wanna buy my friar? He's on ebay now lol

I did the EQ and AO thing for a bit... EQ was ok, AO is pretty good now that the bugs are fixed but it didn't hold my interest...

By Emmy on Wednesday, February 20, 2002 - 01:38 pm: Edit

hehe yet another reason i've been absent from these forums for several months... i'm in the same boat as morrigan =) tho i believe DAoC is her first mmorpg, i used to play EverQuest and Anarchy Online...

::ducks back into the shadows::

By Themagicman on Wednesday, February 20, 2002 - 12:45 pm: Edit

sorry Im a AD&D fan with the books......but I do like some of the rpg computer games Ice wind dale and balders gate... but I never have time to play them anymore.. but I would rather play with a group of people at the table and let are Imagination run wild makes for a better "ROLE" playing experience.. its kind of hard to play a ROLE when your playing with your computer.....

By Morriganlefey on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 11:50 am: Edit

Drbeer -

Don't even go there, dude.

- Morrigan "sold-my-soul-to-Dark-Age-of-Camelot" Le Fey

By Pan on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 11:21 am: Edit

I'm a big fan of HALO, for the X-Box. It's got to be one of the best first-person shooters I've ever seen. Graphics are sweet, story-line is tight and interesting, aliens are all creepy. And the weapons rule. Shotguns, sniper rifles, assault rifles, a tank, a jeep with a .50 machinegun, a little .45 pistol, a rocket launcher . . . and those are just the HUMAN weapons. I'm this into the game, and I don't even LIKE video games.

Mm, I think I'm going to have to go play soon.

-Dev

By Heiko on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 11:19 am: Edit

or, were you talking about non-computerized RPG's?

By Heiko on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 11:16 am: Edit

I play tactical shooters from time to time (stuff like Rainbow Six Rogue Spear, Delta Force Land Warrior, Hidden&Dangerous). Not that I'm an extreme gamer, but when I play, then something like this. It has to be a good mix between tactics, action and nice graphics.
On occasional LAN parties (with people who also play only occasionally, no pros!) we're switching to "stupid shooters" like UT or so.
I also like good racing games - I even own a steering wheel and an analogue gamepad :-)

By _Blackjack on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 09:32 am: Edit

I have lots of friends who game, but I'm too egotistical to spend my time pretending to be somebody else.

"So lemme, get this straight: you're going to spend the day pretending to be vampires who are pretending not to be vampires?"

By Heiko on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 09:21 am: Edit

I only know what RPG's are, what does the MMO stand for? "Multi Media Online"? "Many Motherfuckin' Orks"?

I tried to play "Das Schwarze Auge" some time ago (the Computer Version). But after about 20 hours of not being able to open a certain door I decided that I just quit.

By Drbeer on Tuesday, February 19, 2002 - 01:18 am: Edit

Just curious if I'm the only game nerd here. I've played them all.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation