Got my Wolvie-sinthe!

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru February 2002:Got my Wolvie-sinthe!
By Pikkle on Wednesday, February 20, 2002 - 06:03 pm: Edit

Uh, yes, at this point, the point at which you are reading this and which has all ready passed you by at the time you've finished reading...

HHHHHAhAhAHAhAHAHAHAAHAHA mind FUCK!!!!!!!

By Louched_Liver on Wednesday, February 20, 2002 - 05:46 pm: Edit

But I've got more Wolvie's!
(At this point, anyway.)

By Louched_Liver on Wednesday, February 20, 2002 - 05:45 pm: Edit

Andy's:

The color is pale green straw. Some extra goodness hanging on the bottom. The smell is complex, a slight, what?, grassy hint. With a "hot" high note.
Neat it is very hot on the tounge.
Louches immediately to a lovely white with a slight yellow tint. The scent remains basically the same, with a slight hint of something sweet at 1st sniff. The taste? Starts out w/that sweet, more like caramel than butter scotch, finishes spicy in a nice long fade! As Andy had told me-it's like no other absinthe I've tried. But, damn! I likes. I likes.

By Pikkle on Wednesday, February 20, 2002 - 05:32 pm: Edit

MORE THAN YOU!

By Louched_Liver on Wednesday, February 20, 2002 - 05:24 pm: Edit

Phone call completed, they can tour Ireland away from the tourist hordes, thanks to the Liver's recommendations.
On further review. Either my memory is faultier than I remember, or both the LaBleue and the Green are more assertive, in a very good way, than before. Improved as it were.

Pikkle,
You said you bought how many bottles of Old Way? You are so circumspect about it.

By Drbeer on Wednesday, February 20, 2002 - 03:33 pm: Edit

Hmm hopefully mine will be here soon! Maybe I will get that little sample as well.

By Louched_Liver on Wednesday, February 20, 2002 - 02:05 pm: Edit

Took 18 days from time of order.

By Louched_Liver on Wednesday, February 20, 2002 - 02:04 pm: Edit

Got my 1st reup today. Came Deutshe Post/USPS. Haven't tried them yet to see if they are consistent w/1st batch. Both smell, and the Green looks, the same. Now, if the dorkus who's call I'm waiting on will hurry the fuck up...

p.s. Also enclosed was a small sample from Andy of his craft! Smelled intriguing.

By Pikkle on Wednesday, February 20, 2002 - 01:37 pm: Edit

How did he send it... USPS, Fed-Ex or UPS?

By _Blackjack on Wednesday, February 20, 2002 - 01:27 pm: Edit

I got my package from Wolvie today. It took just about 4 weeks exactly. His packaging isn't as bullet-proof as SC, but everyting arrived OK, and I get to read the funnies in German.

The bottling itself is nicely done, with sealed screw-on caps with shrink-wrap over them. The lables on both bottles are simple: computer printed, stylized Swiss crosses.

The Green is just barely green. It's nose is musky, primarily wormwood, with far less anise than I'm used to, and very little smell of alcohol. Taken neat, it has a very nice roundness on the tongue. It is smooth and slightly spicy, and not overly sweet. It louches to a translucent blue-white, not so spectacularly as some star-anise-saturates absentas, but satisfactory. With sugar, it is incredibly smooth, to the point that you would forget it is alcohol, and that you have to drive to work in an hour and a half (oops...) It has a bit of mintiness to it, but is less herbacious than my NS 70.

The Bleue has an even more distinct wormwood note in it's scent. I'm going to forgo tate-testing it until I have more time.

My initial response, however, is that they are quite a bargain, considering SC's increase in shipping costs.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation