Lovecraft

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru February 2002:Lovecraft
By Auntieminda on Saturday, February 23, 2002 - 03:00 pm: Edit

Mr. Rabid,

Fed-Ex. World domination runs on a tight schedule.

Thanks,
Auntie M

By Mr_Rabid on Saturday, February 23, 2002 - 02:53 pm: Edit

BTW Auntie, I forgot to ask- did you want those fedexed or will 7-10 day delivery times work?

By Auntieminda on Saturday, February 23, 2002 - 02:46 pm: Edit

Ah, Lars,

If only it were that simple. However, my extensive re-animation research tells me otherwise. True, new cranial openings do seem to give my zombies that certain "Je ne sais quoi", but it takes more than a drill to make a zombie.

However, if you are wanting corpses with holes in the skull, I'm sure I will have a fresh supply soon.

Smiles,
Auntie M

By Larsbogart on Saturday, February 23, 2002 - 02:27 pm: Edit

Auntie M Auntie M:
Keep in mind zombies are made by drilling holes in the head, not by injection. And I think Colon Powell is doing some consulting work since he and Billy Bob will soon be sluggin it out.
larsbogart

By Sicboy13 on Saturday, February 23, 2002 - 02:03 pm: Edit

No worries mate, I'm Sic and Evil...and by the way, Blackjack!(21, not the person.) My sic eyes are not intimidated by your evil laugh, colors or not. My ears,though, maybe...oneday we will meet we may put it to a test. check the new thread & we will see. By the way, Auntie's laugh vs. Sicboy13, whom would you vote for???

By Auntieminda on Saturday, February 23, 2002 - 01:53 pm: Edit

Sic,

"BWA HA HA HA HA!"
-brought to you by Blue Beetle and Booster Gold (from back when Keith Giffin was scriptin' for Justice League America)

J'onn J'onzz and Oreos forever,
Auntie M

By Sicboy13 on Saturday, February 23, 2002 - 01:30 pm: Edit

Auntie, your insane/evil laugh needs some work.
MMMMMWWWWWWWAAAAAAAA-HA-HA-HA. I've stolen it though, luckily I got the copyright.

By Sicboy13 on Saturday, February 23, 2002 - 01:27 pm: Edit

Lars, Hi, that's awesome, is it yours?

By Auntieminda on Saturday, February 23, 2002 - 01:23 pm: Edit

Lars,

Ah, well, I shoot them up with Mari Mayans, thus reanimating them to be part of my unmerciful zombie assasin army, with which I shall take over the world. Bwa ha ha ha ha.

Why, what do you do with the corpses? I may have some spares...

Insane giggles,
Dr. Auntie M. West

By Larsbogart on Saturday, February 23, 2002 - 09:46 am: Edit

Erotic neurotic
In need of an antibiotic
Cause you got a sickness in your soul
Heres a moment of dedication
A parayer and some medication
Stay open all night
Soul for sale
Heart for rent
Open all night
larsbogart

By Larsbogart on Saturday, February 23, 2002 - 09:14 am: Edit

By the way, what do you do with the carcass once you buy the soul? Auntie?
larsbogart

By _Blackjack on Friday, February 22, 2002 - 08:11 pm: Edit

I actually had some guy give me $20 for my soul. He was one of those types who insists that nobody an really be an atheist, and thought I wouldn't do it, on the remote chance I might go to Hell.

As it happened, it was on Sept. 12, so I ended up giving the money to the Red Cross.

By Auntieminda on Friday, February 22, 2002 - 05:16 pm: Edit

Wolfgang,

While I'm sure your soul is both beautiful and rare, it's not worth putting my own soul in hock for. Perhaps, if I can acquire someone else's soul to trade for it...

Evil grin,
Auntie M

By Larsbogart on Friday, February 22, 2002 - 11:38 am: Edit

Wolfgang:
Actually Kathie Lee Gifford was interested in buying your soul. It seems she has some kind of Scarab that will extract youth out of your soul and breathe a few more years into Frank.
Given this tip you might not want to sell. And on top of old smokey she will only trade.
larsbogart

By Wolfgang on Friday, February 22, 2002 - 10:14 am: Edit

Buy my soul !
Wolfgang's soul for sell !

What are you waiting for ? Buy it damn it!

By Pablo on Friday, February 22, 2002 - 02:41 am: Edit

Hmmmm. How about the Necronomicon?

(dont worry, it was a joke)

By Aion on Thursday, February 21, 2002 - 11:18 pm: Edit

I would start with some of his very short stories
such as
- The music of Erich Zann (!!!)
- The haunter of the dark
- Beyond the wall of sleep
- The call of Cthulhu
- The nameless city
- The shadow out of time
as appetizer, and later his longer stories:
- The dream quest of unknown Kadath (!)
- At the mountains of madness
- The case of Charles Dexter Ward
A.

By Maldoror on Thursday, February 21, 2002 - 10:12 pm: Edit

I have never actually sat down and read a whole book by Lovecraft(Please don't kill me.) Anyone suggest a good starting point?

By Aion on Thursday, February 21, 2002 - 09:46 pm: Edit

This link is better:
http://abaa.org/
A.

By Aion on Thursday, February 21, 2002 - 09:32 pm: Edit

Wolf,

It is no problem to get genuine
Arkham House first editions,
take a look at:
http://www.alibris.com
But there are cheaper sources as well.
A.

By Mvario on Thursday, February 21, 2002 - 04:22 pm: Edit

Well, the Supreme court is supposed to be reviewing the last extension on copyrights.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nyt/20020220/tc_nyt/justices_to_review_copyright_extension

Seems that every time it gets close to the copyright on Mickey Mouse expiring they pass an extension.

By Larsbogart on Thursday, February 21, 2002 - 02:28 pm: Edit

For awhile I worked with a guy who used to sell fake Harvard diplomas and other certification documents [Doctors, Dentists, etc] alongside his printshop. I didnt know he did this until one day he came up to me and showed me some of his work, Im not sure why. After that we became friends.
His work was flawless. He did take an awful lot of Tina, way before it was called Tina, that he made himself. He never slept and would spend all night in pizza joints talking to anyone who would listen. This was in New York.
His nickname was Al the chemist and most people who went to AJ's [the garbologist] store on the Bowery knew him. You had to be refered to AJ's due to the nature of his business. His girlfriend was such a zombie that people used to look for holes in her head.
One day I asked him about a friend who was the editor of tobbacco magazine. "He started a 'People magazine' in Bangkok. You do know he likes chicken, dont you?" "I thought he was a vegetarian" I said in all seriousness.
Now i know what kind of chicken he liked.
larsbogart

By Don_Walsh on Thursday, February 21, 2002 - 12:41 pm: Edit

Well, Arkham House originally was August Derleth and Donald Wandrei, but after WWII Wandrei and Derleth fell out, and all Don did was edit Lovecraft's letters.

Derleth, well, was not a very nice fellow. His claim to stwardship of Lovecraft's literary estate was tenuous but he defended it with the ferocity of a rabid wolverine on steroids. He was charging for reprint rights on stories that WERE in the public domain...

Robert Bloch, a fellow Lovecraft protege and correspondent, tore Derleth a new asshole in his introduction to a Lovecraft anthology shortly after Derleth's death.

Derleth was also widely known to be a chickenhawk -- a homosexual pedophile.

By _Blackjack on Thursday, February 21, 2002 - 12:29 pm: Edit

Some interesting informatio on the copyights on this page. According to them, while Arkham House was granted publishing rights to the post-1922 stories, the copyrights were never officially transferred from Lovecraft's aunt's heirs, and have since lapsed, along with all pre-1922 stories, leaving probably all of his works in the public domain.

Which is fine, I suppose. I certainly recognize the rights of an author to control and profit from his work, and I can understand why that right would transfer to his direct heirs, but I've never quite understood why somebody's great-grand-nephew should get to retain control of something they neither created, nor depended on for livelyhood, 70 years later.

By Chrysippvs on Thursday, February 21, 2002 - 12:03 pm: Edit

Neat..that website has Stephen Hawkins calling the great deep one!

http://www.gizmology.net/lovecraft/cd/cthulhu.wav

By Don_Walsh on Thursday, February 21, 2002 - 10:54 am: Edit

Cthulhu fthagn!

By Wolfgang on Thursday, February 21, 2002 - 10:16 am: Edit

H.P.Lovecraft online

Exquisite! What would I give to have an original 1st edition old and dusty book by him...

Definitly something to read at night, sipping some authentic absinthe by the candle light... But watchout for the horribles and vivid nightmares that would follow !

Wolfgang - the Ancient One

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation