New Antique Items at BEI

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru February 2002:New Antique Items at BEI
By Tavarua on Wednesday, February 27, 2002 - 03:18 pm: Edit

did you get that email I sent a few weeks ago?

By _Blackjack on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 - 07:18 pm: Edit

Yeah, they've got a magic formula somewhere that lets them figure out exactly how hard they need to make things to make people give up without suing. Or just die.

I don't think it's a concidence that the continuation of benefits laws are named after the bad guys on GI Joe...

By Tavarua on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 - 09:10 am: Edit

Insurance is a racket, I agree 100%. Their business is getting as much money as they can, and doing there best to make sure you never see a return, even for legitimate claims. Then, when they raise insurance, they have the nerve to blame consumers. My COBRA plan went from 265 to 326 USD in February, almost 25%, and that's just coverage for myself. Luckily I don't have to pay COBRA anymore. What they are doing to me right now is typical insurance hype, just denying claims, and hoping that I will give up. If they ultimately turn me down, I will be talking with NBC 10. They are doing a story on this sort of swindling, in the very near future.

BTW - I can't really hang around Sepulchritude during the day, like I could in my last job, so bear with slow response times. Right now I'm doing the old MS Word, cut and paste thing.

By Baz on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 - 07:50 am: Edit

if that insurance company rolls over and pays those bills after they said they wouldn't, BEFORE you file suit, let me know. I'd like to hear of that happening sometime.

Insurance is a racket

I wish the prosecutors would use RICO against insurers, if you look at the purposes of the statute and the way the industry acts, you would find a perfect fit.

Up their bungers.

By Tavarua on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 - 07:16 am: Edit

Ian, I have tried several times to email you this past month, but your emails aren't going through. Could you email me your current address? Do you have a PN122 on hand?

By Absinthedrinker on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 06:07 am: Edit

Apologies for bumping in on Justin's sales pitch but since someone asked, my site was misbehaving over the weekend and as I was on holiday in Goa I hadn't been monitoring events too closely. I'm back now and all is now sorted out, please enjoy.

Back to you Justin...

By Chrysippvs on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 06:07 am: Edit

I can sell a particular glass without a set, it will just be a bit more as the set somewhat offsets the price. The sets are more or less just inspiration based on what I think is neat, you can mix and match them...e-mail with what you are interested in.

By Drbeer on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 02:41 am: Edit

Hey Chrys do you have any other dosed glasses besides the ones in the sets? I don't need a whole set.

By Tavarua on Sunday, February 24, 2002 - 10:25 am: Edit

The price isn't going to shock me, I have been in the market for one for a little while know, and am familiar with the prices. I am kind of window shopping at the moment, if you had caught me a couple of weeks ago, I wouldn't have thought twice about it. Right know though, my health insurance company is doing their best to stick it in and break it off, with some previous medical bills, they claim I was not covered for. I was, of course. When this whole bullshit affair is taken care of, hopefully within the next month, I will be picking one up. It will just be a matter of who has one in stock. What do you have in stock, anything beside the #3?

By Chrysippvs on Sunday, February 24, 2002 - 09:56 am: Edit

I do but they are going to be costly, I have two Dose Cut Reservoirs, which are a lot cheaper if you are interested...

By Tavarua on Sunday, February 24, 2002 - 09:52 am: Edit

Justin, you don't happen to have any Pontarliers in stock do you?

By Chrysippvs on Saturday, February 23, 2002 - 08:30 pm: Edit

I am still closing, but not until BEL goes live. Which I thought was going to be a a few months when I put that up....

By Timk on Saturday, February 23, 2002 - 05:18 pm: Edit

are you not closing now? - more internet sellers = good : - )

By Chrysippvs on Saturday, February 23, 2002 - 03:55 pm: Edit

Also anyone know what happened to Ian's page?

By Chrysippvs on Saturday, February 23, 2002 - 03:53 pm: Edit

::begin plug::

Allo folks!

I have finally got around to adding a few items to my webpage. Just check out the Antiques section of the website and look under sets. I have added a reservior, lyonnais, and a few other things. Just let me know if you are from the forum and I will try to work out a better deal than that on the site....

for those that have not explored my site check out my absinthe antiques faq as well:

::end Plug

:: submit apology for self-plug

- J

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation