Another question about the distillery of Martin Sebor

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru February 2002:Another question about the distillery of Martin Sebor
By Alarick on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 03:52 pm: Edit

I planned on disputing the charge when the absinth was only 2 weeks late and they had not responded to my first e-mail.

So as soon as it does show up Mr. Credit card company is getting a call.

By Don_Walsh on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 02:46 pm: Edit

And you can bet your bottom dollar that you WILL be seeing a charge on your credit card. Dispute it. You never received the goods. Period, end of story. They cannot prove that you did, because you didn't.

By Alarick on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 12:47 pm: Edit

Thanks, maybe I will get a response from one of those addresses I have not tried.

By Don_Walsh on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 12:16 pm: Edit

owner: Renata Chuda
address: Michalkovicka 217
city: Rychvald-Karvina
state: cz
postal-code: 73532
registrar: JORE-1
created: 2000-03-02 06:15:35 UTC core
modified: 2002-02-25 02:38:47 UTC JORE-1
expires: 2003-03-02 06:15:35 UTC

By Don_Walsh on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 12:02 pm: Edit

You can run a whois on the domain name, but it sounds like you don't know how. So maybe I should go do it for you.

See what a nice guy I am?

By _Blackjack on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 11:20 am: Edit

I bet the bottles broke and that's why customs grabbed it. It's happened with these people before, IIRC. DOn't sweat the package at customs. If you don't show up to make a claim, they'll just throw it out.

By Alarick on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 10:41 am: Edit

I made the mistake of ordering from them simply because I did not know any better at the time.

Because a charge has not appeared on my credit card, I am not overly concerned about ever seeing the Sebor Absinth I ordered.

But I am curious as to if the package sitting in customs with my name on it, is the Sebor that I was never charged for...

They never responded to the dozen or so e-mail's that I sent them last month, so I was wondering if someone else has some other contact info, so I can ask them "WTF?".

By Wolfgang on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 05:42 am: Edit

You made the same mistake I did a year ago... You should order from Kyle (or one of the UK site listed on his webpage).

That being said, it is so ridiculously expensive that you better buy some La Bleu ... If you really want to taste it at least once, buy a small quantity (because even if it`s not bad, it`s not great).

By Don_Walsh on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 04:26 am: Edit

How many bottles did you order?

And why did you order them from these copycats and not from Kyle? This site is NOT actually the Sebor distillery.

Not that I am a fan of Kyle's or of Sebor's. But you went the long way round the block.

By Don_Walsh on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 12:12 am: Edit

Good luck.

By Alarick on Sunday, February 24, 2002 - 04:35 pm: Edit

Has anyone ever been able to get an actual e-mail response from them other than the one they send saying that your order has been shipped?

The good news, I have not found a charge on my credit card from them.

The odd news, I received a letter in the mail Saturday from the U.S. Customs Service stating that "I might have an interest in certain property seized on the 15th of January"...

So I am a bit curious if there is a way to actually get ahold of someone from the distillery of Martin Sebor to find out what is going on..

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation