Custom Corpses or Stuff that would look great in my trunk

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru February 2002:Custom Corpses or Stuff that would look great in my trunk
By Timk on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 04:26 pm: Edit

Cubans, of course : - ) oh, wait, you live in America, that would be illegal!
I never saw myself smoking cigars, but now Im after a humidor so I can get some boxes to put away and let age, though theres a pretty good selection of aged cigars avaliable in the U.K.

By Chrysippvs on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 04:20 pm: Edit

ahh...perhaps, I can't see myself doing it, but how can tell what the future will hold.

By Themagicman on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 04:17 pm: Edit

Hay Chrysippvs
if you like this stuff I can do this stuff I went to school for F/X stuff at the Art Institute of Pitsburg so if your interested let me know could make you a good deal.. and anther good site

www.monstermakers.com

I get a lot of my stuff their

Latter

By Timk on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 04:15 pm: Edit

as in, you should try smoking a cigar from time to time

By Chrysippvs on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 04:14 pm: Edit

?

By Timk on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 04:13 pm: Edit

you should try the odd cigar

By Chrysippvs on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 04:09 pm: Edit

Nope, and I honestly only drink absinthe on any sort of regularity. It was my first spirit (or any alcohol in that regard) to try and I stick with what works....

By Timk on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 04:03 pm: Edit

"aesthetic & sensory pleasures"

Do you smoke as well Justin?

By Morriganlefey on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 03:48 pm: Edit

I have a friend with Usher's. Justin is right to not romanticize it - it's a degenerative genetic disorder akin to retinitis pigmentosa (I didn't think it was Lupus-related?) that usually leaves the individual (nearly) blind and deaf by midage. My sympathies that one that enjoys life's aesthetic & sensory pleasures as much as Justin should be stricken with this.

-M

By Chrysippvs on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 03:15 pm: Edit

hehehe...I wish it were not so. In reality my hands go numbs, take on a purple/bluish color and stay that way for weeks on end. It gets bad enough in the winter that I can't hold a pencil to write and have to give all exams on tape or something. The doctors says that it will get worse as I age...goth or not, I certainly don't have any romantic notions about it...

- J

By Mr_Carfax on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 02:26 pm: Edit

Justin

you are just soooo Goth!!!! (even if you are not one) :-)

By Chrysippvs on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 01:48 pm: Edit

I actually have a similar condition but not as severe. I have a rare strain of Lupus (which is very rare in boys anyhow) and the sunlight literally kills my white blood cells making me very ill at times. Hence no beaches, sun bathing, etc not that would do that stuff anyhow. The neatest thing about this illness (well until it gets worse later in my life) is the name.

Ushers Syndrome

A form of it actually helped to kill Beethoven.

- J

"Better living through Alchemy and skiomancy!"

By Timk on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 12:34 pm: Edit

a splash of cadaverine and you are away!

By _Blackjack on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 11:34 am: Edit

Quote:

I think the thing about daylight being fatal actually comes from the rare genetic disease that causes the skin to be hyper-sensitive to sunlight.

Or just something people made up. I'm always amused by attempts to find real-life grounding in folklore when the easiest explaination is that human beings have vivid imaginations.

I mean, are stories about trolls based on a rare skin condition that turns people into stone...?

By Robman on Sunday, February 24, 2002 - 11:51 pm: Edit

Vlad Dracul was indeed a boodthirsty soul, and the stories of his exploits along with the legend of a princess who thought that bathing in blood would keep her eternally youthful begat the legend of Dracula. Vlad Dracul's castle still stands in Romania and is open to visitors. I wish I would have visited when I was in Romania.

I think the thing about daylight being fatal actually comes from the rare genetic disease that causes the skin to be hyper-sensitive to sunlight.

By Chrysippvs on Sunday, February 24, 2002 - 11:12 pm: Edit

I actually think there are from one of the printings of the books concerning the atrocities that Vlad Tepes (tzepesh) commited. Although they are thought to be greatly exxagerated, they are only realy glimpse into his public life.

With a little research, it indeed is:

http://www.enzia.com/Media/Vlad2b.jpg

Small pictures but you get the idea, "Here is the horrible story of prince "dracole" of how he cut of their heads, and boiled babies in milk and made their mothers eat them , how he cut them up like cabbage...there are around 30 pages of this..."

- J

By Robman on Sunday, February 24, 2002 - 10:11 pm: Edit

From what I can tell, those killing instructions are in German, not Romanian. Very cool, though.

By Chrysippvs on Sunday, February 24, 2002 - 09:03 pm: Edit

Your picks:

http://www.customcreatures.com/

or

http://www.distefano.com/

I am seriously wanting to get this:

http://www.distefano.com/vampire.htm

It will be just like all those Hammer House flicks..

- J

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation