Bartender's friend

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru February 2002:Bartender's friend
By Petermarc on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 04:09 pm: Edit

*****thread created for entertainment purposes, only**** do not try this at home...

By Lint on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 03:10 pm: Edit

thanks for the info don & tabreaux...

By Tabreaux on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 03:03 pm: Edit

I already have the GS 'absinthe' essence. This does not give the equivalent of properly made absinthe. You could very easily just get the same extracts and oils from a health food store, and get the same results. This is not absinthe.

By Don_Walsh on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 02:57 pm: Edit

This is not a new Gert Strand product, it is just a new web page on his site. He has been selling 'Absinthe essence' for the mostly Scandinavian and ANZ markets for a long time.

This is to be taken about as seriously as his Whiskey essences etc., which is to say, not very.

Gert is a nice fellow and his Turbo yeasts are very good. He is very good to do business with. He has been very kind to us.

By Lint on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 02:44 pm: Edit

interesting. slightly better than the "soak these herbs in alcohol for a week or two" kits i suppose. I wonder if the "essence" is distilled. Anyone try this stuff? If nobody else wants to Ill give it a try.

By Wolfgang on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 05:59 am: Edit

What is really sad is that they are right about the "that maybe contains the same essence as you will use" part... They are just wrong about the 100-160$ price.

Did somebody gave it a try ? (don't be shy, we won't laugh).

By Petermarc on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 01:44 am: Edit

http://www.absintheliquor.com/

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation