Semi-vintage serpis

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru February 2002:Semi-vintage serpis
By Pikkle on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 - 05:31 pm: Edit

gotta find em... grr...

By Louched_Liver on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 - 05:01 pm: Edit

That sounds like it would have been cool.
Do tell...

By Pikkle on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 - 02:09 pm: Edit

Exchanged a few emails with ole Ben before... tell you what, he really likes his drink!

By Louched_Liver on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 06:48 pm: Edit

c:mydocsrivethead
Pour vous mon frere.

By Pikkle on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 06:48 pm: Edit

And what is so funny!!!!

By Louched_Liver on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 06:45 pm: Edit

Hi Pikkle Pal!! Hee hee.

By Pikkle on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 06:43 pm: Edit

Head will pay big money for that bottle...

By Absinthesque2 on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 05:44 pm: Edit

Well, I had a change of plans and was able to give it a try tonight, along with a small bit of Serpis 65 for contrast. It's distinctly a Serpis, but superior to the 65. . .In water, it doesn't have the lemon pledge aroma of the newer version. The taste is smoother, and more mellow with less of a cloying finish and without the feel of syrup on the tongue that I noted in the 65. It doesn't need sugar, however.

I'm one of those who enjoys Serpis and find this older version to be somewhat better than the newer models. But all in all, it seems the Spanish style hasn't changed much in 25-30 years.

As an additional note, I'm feeling the effects after about half a glass, but I haven't been drinking much in the past few weeks and I'm still jet-lagged.

Mark

By Baz on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 11:51 am: Edit

ughhh.

By Absinthesque2 on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 06:22 am: Edit

I just received a bottle of Serpis dating to the 1970's. Haven't tried it yet, and there was some leakage during shipping, so the bottle is down to about 60% full from 80% or so when it was sent. The label is similar to the recent bottles, though the lettering is a little cruder. It's 55%, and I guess the red color has a relatively long history!!!

The nose seems quite similar to current 65%. I will have a review within the next few days. I might even dare to try an upload.

Mark

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation