Hangovers

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru February 2002:Hangovers
By Mr_Rabid on Wednesday, February 27, 2002 - 10:11 pm: Edit

Whazzup Livanator?

By Louched_Liver on Wednesday, February 27, 2002 - 09:27 pm: Edit

YO RABID!!

By Louched_Liver on Wednesday, February 27, 2002 - 09:26 pm: Edit

If my fuckin' eyes would quit rollin' into the back of my head, I could post more. But, that ain't true.

By Mr_Rabid on Wednesday, February 27, 2002 - 09:25 pm: Edit

Sorry- I was trying to type 'that's bullshit,' but then I had one of my spells (twitching, spasming and such.)

By Mr_Rabid on Wednesday, February 27, 2002 - 09:24 pm: Edit

klF DSLKJf;OIYD SSFDFs

:LJSL"KJ
4 4

asawt gfadfg asd asefqpojo43""

By Mvario on Wednesday, February 27, 2002 - 09:18 pm: Edit

Ya know, i saw on the news that that absinthe stuff causes epilepsy.

By Louched_Liver on Wednesday, February 27, 2002 - 07:15 pm: Edit

Oh, my. The Green!

By Destiny on Wednesday, February 27, 2002 - 06:46 pm: Edit

On Monday, after my Sunday taste test, I had a strange floating feeling as well. The first thing I thought was that it was from Sunday, but then I convinced myself that I was just dizzy. I'm taking a couple of days off so I'll have a nice long weekend to experiment some more. Still haven't tried Wolvie's green, maybe tomorrow!

Whoo-hoooo!

By Louched_Liver on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 - 02:05 pm: Edit

Wolfgang,

You've hit the nail on the head. I get the same kind of floaty detachment if I overdo the good stuff. Which I did on Sunday. I had a few pops Of Wolvie's Green up in the woods, came home, had a few more, started watching the Olympic closing ceremonies, had a few more, then woke up on the couch to a repeat of the closing ceremonies. Which was a little disconcerting at 1st. Dragged my sorry ass to bed, which was a great feat of will, then woke up all cotton headed. A full pot of coffee helped wipe some of the film off my view of the world. But only some.

By Baz on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 - 01:21 pm: Edit

I wish it HAD been good. It was just deva.

By Wolfgang on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 - 01:07 pm: Edit

Which brand of absinthe did you drink ?

I sometime get a weird kind of headache when I drink too much strong absinthe (good ones mind you). It's not realy a hangover headache, it's more like "my brain is not properly connected error message".

Too much Moonman's elxir have a tendency to produce weird dreams and a floating "out of this world" effect even the day after... Any effort seems like impossible and I become very lunatic. No bad headache doo, just an odd cerebral pressure.

A little bit like what Artemis described in his writing about the N.O. GT. I also felt it a little bit from Jade's (I'm sure I would have felt it maybe even more if I had the chance to taste way too much but the quantity was reasonable ). Never felt it to that extend from any commercial brands.

My new evaluation standard is this : when I come home after work and pour a glass of absinthe (1.5oz) before supper (empty stomac), if it's good absinthe, I should begin to feal the effect as soon as my glass is half empty. But I'm a light weight...

By Baz on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 02:39 pm: Edit

Well, I went home friday night on a mission to drink as much absinthe as possible in one night, and only got a little more than half-way. I woke up saturday and felt fine.
Last night I had two glasses, and today I have a migraine and feel like shit. I am prone to migraines anyway, but absinthe causes a serious migraine every two or three times I drink it. Has anyone else had a similar problem w/this? I don't normally get hangovers!!

On the bright side, if I only get a migraine every two or three times, that means I get a freebe tonight, right?!?!?

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation