Deva Flask

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru February 2002:Deva Flask
By Absinthedrinker on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 - 02:00 am: Edit

If you are lucky and the calcium stains are superficial, you can use commercial limescale remover to get deposits off of glasses. For carafes and narrow necked vessels you can also shake glass or ceramic beads inside the glassware which combined with limescale remover does a good job of getting rid of deposits. If the milkiness is due to chemical attack on the glass you have a problem. A buying tip: Never buy wet glassware, milkiness disappears as long as the glass is wet. Flea markets sell far more glassware on a rainy day...

That picture of my reservoir glass was taken just after I acquired it, luckily the calcium was on the surface and it cleaned up just fine. I rarely use it for drinking as the extrememly narrow hole causes an effect similar to that experienced when drinking a yard of ale, the last liquid in the reservoir tends to shoot out suddenly.

By Petermarc on Tuesday, February 26, 2002 - 12:49 am: Edit

are you saying to heat it in water to 90°?

By Timk on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 05:12 pm: Edit

obviously use common sense and care when using the below method - most absinthe glasses I have seen are really thick glass anyway

By Heiko on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 05:06 pm: Edit

"but the gold trim and swirly foot put me off..."

the gold rim comes off faster than you'd expect...

By Timk on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 04:48 pm: Edit

I have found if you gently bring the glass up to 90 degrees or so, empty it and add boiling vinegar and lime juice in a 75-25 mix it takes most of the residue off

By Timk on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 04:46 pm: Edit

lol, it looks a bit... milky

By Petermarc on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 04:44 pm: Edit

and clean...the calcium stains here in paris are murder...

By Timk on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 04:37 pm: Edit

I wonder what it is like to drink from - i reckon the reservoir might make it a bit difficult to drain the glass

By Petermarc on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 04:35 pm: Edit

you are correct, sir...

By Timk on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 04:34 pm: Edit

am I correct in thinking that that particular glass now resides with Ian?

By Petermarc on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 04:30 pm: Edit

it is based on this glass...but the gold trim and swirly foot put me off...
bubble

By Chrysippvs on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 04:22 pm: Edit

I concur Rimbaud...

By Rimbaud on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 03:41 pm: Edit

I think the resevoir glass is ugly and completely non-traditional looking. I also hate the brouille
set sold on the site. The glass looks like an ordinary wine glass...cheap looking.

By Heiko on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 03:11 pm: Edit

I have the brouille glass from this site - it wasn't really good, because the brouille didn't perfectly fit the glass. I said wasn't, because I managed to break the brouille recently :-(
The glass is rather nice, but it was too expensive as a single glass...

By Lint on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 03:00 pm: Edit

also anyone see the glasses at this (below) site? the resevoir glass is splendid.

http://www.absinth-shop.net/shop/docs/pi-487266698.htm

By Lint on Monday, February 25, 2002 - 02:51 pm: Edit

Has anyone seen the deva flask-bottles offered on this site. They also have strange looking Absente bottles. Found them interesting.

http://s38109971.einsundeinsshop.de/

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation