So, where *can* you get La Fee

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru March 2002:So, where *can* you get La Fee
By Louched_Liver on Friday, March 08, 2002 - 09:04 pm: Edit

TimK,

Could you e-mail me please?

gobshite00@hotmail.com

By _Blackjack on Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 05:32 pm: Edit

Oh, I'm sorry. That was me. I've been feeling a little...unfresh...

By Destiny on Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 04:59 pm: Edit

Maybe all 24 bottles weren't seized at once?

I still smell fish though. Hmmmm, what can it be?

By _Blackjack on Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 03:51 pm: Edit

Quote:

Hold up. How can customs seize 24 bottles and not arrest Betty?

The same reson they've seized a fair number of Cuban cigars going to...people I know without arresting them. Making a case against someone under those conditions is pretty difficult, and usually requires cooperation of authorities in the sender's country. For anything that isn't drugs or a major enterprise, they are content just to dump the stuff.

By Sicboy13 on Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 02:50 pm: Edit

uuuuh...scussy...whata a parable?

By Louched_Liver on Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 11:29 am: Edit

LL,

The LLG

By Louched_Liver on Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 11:28 am: Edit

Marc,

Sorry!!

By Baz on Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 11:13 am: Edit

Lousy Louched Goat.

By Marccampbell on Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 11:09 am: Edit

louched liver,

your parable crashed my computer. Thanks for nothing.

By Larsbogart on Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 08:13 am: Edit

Hold up. How can customs seize 24 bottles and not arrest Betty? I smell fish.
-larsbogart

By Raschied on Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 07:58 am: Edit

It's what keeps me coming back!

By Baz on Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 07:41 am: Edit

My God, this place is weird...

By Timk on Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 07:04 am: Edit

ROFLMAO

By Don_Walsh on Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 05:02 am: Edit

Oh, fuck you, LL. Stick your parable up your ass.

By Louched_Liver on Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 03:07 am: Edit

An absinthe forum parable, starring the Donster:

Forum Life.

By Don_Walsh on Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 01:11 am: Edit

And if you don't mind some advice, grow yourself a thicker skin. "read my lips" is nothing at all compared to the way the fur flies on this forum from time to time. You will need the extra armor.

By Angryp on Wednesday, March 06, 2002 - 11:54 pm: Edit

Cool! :)

By Don_Walsh on Wednesday, March 06, 2002 - 11:49 pm: Edit

Whoops, that should read 'hit the archives'

By Don_Walsh on Wednesday, March 06, 2002 - 11:46 pm: Edit

Angryp, I haven't any problem with you at all, you are just going over old ground, and not very interesting ground at that. There was no personal animus intended. My advice remains, hot the archives and you will see we have discussed these topics at great length before.

Welcome to the forum. Such as it is these days.

By Tabreaux on Wednesday, March 06, 2002 - 11:12 pm: Edit

La Fee seems to be a marketing boondoggle of sorts. Even if La Fee turns out to be a commercial failure (and I don't feel it is doing what they expected), I doubt that GB would drop it unless it was just bombing miserably and costing them a load of money. I feel doing so would be embarrassing to them, especially since they launched it as their flagship product amidst the criticism of Hill's, and expected M.C. Delahaye's credibility to carry them right to the top.

La Fee was their big trump card, yet this product is not what it is claimed to be. I feel it to be far more illustrative of how much its creators did not know as opposed to the contrary. Likewise, I don't feel it was in favor of M.C. Delahaye's credibility to have her name attached to it, as historically authentic it is not, which raises questions. And with all due respect, I believe M.C. Delahaye to be a historian, not an absintheuse or liquoriste.

Nevertheless, GB made several critical marketing errors where this product is concerned, none of which really have much to do with its content (or a lack thereof). In my recent trip to London, I saw Hill's and Staropzlneckey in off-license shops, and La Fee was conspicuous by its absence.

By Angryp on Wednesday, March 06, 2002 - 10:47 pm: Edit

Don,

I don't know what your problem with me is (besides liking Verisinthe, that is), but a simple "SC can't get it, many others have asked them in the past" would have been preferable to a terse "Read my lips." I can't imagine what I could have done to offend you in the three or so posts I've made to this board, but whatever it is, I do apologize. Sincerely.

I had no intention of demanding anything of the folks at SC. I've dealt with them, and they seem like really nice folks. Stores usually appreciate hearing from customers about products they don't stock.

By Destiny on Wednesday, March 06, 2002 - 10:33 pm: Edit

This just doesn't make sense to me. Wouldn't an expressed interest from potential customers demonstrate demand? If they don't give a shit and want to drop the product that's one thing, but if all they have to do is make it available to other distributers what's the big deal? They have product (that's not selling well), there seems to be a demand for it elsewhere, so they sell it elsewhere. What's the problem?

By Don_Walsh on Wednesday, March 06, 2002 - 10:12 pm: Edit

Read my lips: the makers of La Fee cannot sell to SC or anyone else except Green Millenium (UK) and Green Millenium isn't going to sell to SC. This is all old fucking news, so why bother? Expressing a demand to Frederico who can't meet the demand, accomplishes nothing except frustrating him.

La Fee is a captive UK-only product. Period. Despite the change in the law that now would allow it, La Fee is not sold in France, where it is assembled, or anywhere else. I don't think GB/GM wish to sell it anywhere else. Their UK sales have been disappointing, and they will probably drop the product as a failure, unless they do a 180 and start allowing drop shipments from the factory to distributors elsewhere. They have shown no signs of doing any such thing.

The stuff is therefore a technical success (as far as macerated products go) but a marketing failure. They seem to do better with Swills. God knows why.

By Angryp on Wednesday, March 06, 2002 - 09:01 pm: Edit

Has anyone asked SC about carrying La Fee? There certainly seems to be a demand for it. No matter the answer, I think I'll drop them a line anyway (can't hurt to have one more voice asking for it).

By Elbongo on Wednesday, March 06, 2002 - 07:36 pm: Edit

While I have never ordered from her, here is what Betty said when I asked her for a price on La Fee

"No more La Fee..I am tired of losing bottles from England to customs..lost
24 a few months ago..."

By Sicboy13 on Wednesday, March 06, 2002 - 07:15 pm: Edit

Hey now, rimjob...Betty has always done me right. What has she ever done to you? I know where to get cheap absinthe with a 3 week wait, and expensive absinthe with a 5 day wait, one should be able to choose for ones self, eeh?

By Tabreaux on Wednesday, March 06, 2002 - 06:38 pm: Edit

Obviously, what many distributors and makers say about their 'absinthes' (and even absinthe in general) is erroneous and misleading, so take it all FWLIW. I am particularly fond of the description of how MM is made on the 'absenta.com' site, which is ridiculous.

Actually, what is more interesting is that it brings up a curious point. If what the makers of Hill's, King, Staroplzenecky, and others claimed about their products was true (recreations of original 'recipes' blah, blah...), they would not exist. Think about it.

By Rimbaud on Wednesday, March 06, 2002 - 06:36 pm: Edit

Fuck Betty.

By Sicboy13 on Wednesday, March 06, 2002 - 06:13 pm: Edit

I'd say Betty My Man

By Verawench on Wednesday, March 06, 2002 - 06:13 pm: Edit

Don't be.

By Angryp on Wednesday, March 06, 2002 - 06:09 pm: Edit

Sheesh! Sorry I asked!

By Don_Walsh on Wednesday, March 06, 2002 - 06:08 pm: Edit

Everyone but you has already HEARD the company line from those folks, check the archives. Been there, done that.

Versinthe just isn't worth the trouble. It's a pastis, or more precisely anise liquor of a treacley sort. Not absinthe, not worth the price.

By Angryp on Wednesday, March 06, 2002 - 05:08 pm: Edit

Excepting a trip to the UK or an almost expensive bottle from Betty, just where can one get La Fee? SC doesn't carry it and the other online stores that carry it and will ship to the USA seem to have prices about the same as Betty's.

Damn frustrating :-/

BTW, sent an email to Liquoristerie de Provence about Verisinthe. Let's see what the company line is - if they reply, that is :)

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation