Extremely SLOW SC lately

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru March 2002:Extremely SLOW SC lately
 SubtopicPosts Updated
Archive through March 12, 2002  25   03/13 06:30pm

By Baz on Wednesday, March 20, 2002 - 12:52 pm: Edit

I like segarra, yes. But it seems, well...Simple. There are not a lot of flavors rolling around in there. But it is not so "cloying" as the other spanish styles. I really wish I knew what I was drinking in france. It was much better!

By Sicboy13 on Wednesday, March 20, 2002 - 12:27 pm: Edit

AuntieM, Yes I wrote that,Thanks for the praise.

Belive it or not, I love to write, only hate to read it again if you know what I mean. I'm one of those sensitive types.

By Destiny on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 - 04:26 pm: Edit

Hey Baz, how do you like Segerra? I'd like it much better if the brandy taste wasn't so prominent. I consider it almost a hybrid drink.

That kinda begs the question, "What constitutes absinthe?" (yeah, I'm sure that this topic has been discussed at length in the past but fuck it, this is now!)

I'm gonna start a new thread about this.

By Auntieminda on Sunday, March 17, 2002 - 11:54 am: Edit

Sic,

Dude, did you like, write that poem and stuff? It seemed so out of the ususal for you. Cool, though.

Smiles,
Auntie M

PS: It's a shame no one voted on the evil laugh thing, but really, what choice did they have? A vote for me was a vote for you, and a vote for you was a vote for Hill's and Kevin Costner.

By Baz on Sunday, March 17, 2002 - 08:36 am: Edit

SC shipped me two bottles of segara on the 3rd of march, got here on the 12th. That's why I haven't been posting much lately! -hic-

By Sicboy13 on Friday, March 15, 2002 - 10:38 pm: Edit

The bleakness of day,

Gives way to nights unatainable in shadows.

The spirit is constantley on,

the body is not.

Then the dreams begin.

The wings flap, gliding is the way.

The finite and infinite games begin,

the pawns are set, as are the royals.

Now, who moves who. Queen and pawn...

Pawn and king. Pawn and Pawn, really.

Shifting peace.

Sam.

By Sicboy13 on Friday, March 15, 2002 - 10:06 pm: Edit

Your post...My post...

Leonard Cohen???

The King Of Fools is not Leonard Cohen, though. It is the man, Mike Ness.

By Verawench on Friday, March 15, 2002 - 10:04 pm: Edit

These are the forum's glory days... peeking back from the grave...

By Sicboy13 on Friday, March 15, 2002 - 10:04 pm: Edit

P.S.

I was born, A king of fools.

Most people think I'm just a playboy

breaking rules.

But they don't know that when it

comes down to love I always lose,

that's why call myself the King Of Fools...

By Verawench on Friday, March 15, 2002 - 10:01 pm: Edit

Huh?

By Sicboy13 on Friday, March 15, 2002 - 10:00 pm: Edit

Vera, Everybody knows that the dice are loaded.

By Robman on Friday, March 15, 2002 - 09:59 pm: Edit

Damn - that ain't right. I hope you end up getting your shipment. It's a good thing they offer a guarantee.

By Verawench on Friday, March 15, 2002 - 09:58 pm: Edit

...for the miracle to come...

yeah i know you really love me
but you see, my hands are tied
i know it must have hurt you
it must have hurt your PRIDE
to have to stand beneath my window
with your bugle and your drum
and me, i'm up there waiting
for the miracle to come.

By Sicboy13 on Friday, March 15, 2002 - 09:45 pm: Edit

Waiting....

By Sicboy13 on Thursday, March 14, 2002 - 02:22 pm: Edit

The topic holds true, nothing yet & it was ordered 2-28 & taken to post on 3-5, I guess the one bottle orders have gotta end wid a quickness

By Robman on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 06:30 pm: Edit

That sux, dude. Hang tight - if it doesn't show, they will reship - if that happens, go ahead a piggyback a Segarra or NS70 with it so when it comes, you'll have enough to tide you over.

I think I'll imbibe just a little later - I have all my ingredients ready.

By Sicboy13 on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 04:47 pm: Edit

No such luck...(sung to Fugazi anthem...)"I am a patient boy...I wait, I wait, I wait, I wait.."

Robman, you have my blessing, enjoy without moi, I'm sorry, but an uncracked bottle is a swear word when it comes to me! I'm prayin for tommorow but I had a question, SC sent you a mail stating your box was shipped on 3-5 but didnt you stste that the postmark is from 3-4? Do tell!

By Sicboy13 on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 01:19 pm: Edit

I am waiting to get offa work, buzy harrassing the innocent people whom neglect there credit card debt!!! I will post tonite, hopfully I may bid you Salud! Siccy

By Robman on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 11:29 am: Edit

Sicboy,

Give me good news today! I am starting to get a little antsy to crack a bottle. Of course, I'm sure you are even more antsy to get your liter-o-green yourself ;)

I can smell a little of the aroma of the Deva through the cap, but the NS has a plastic cap that evidently seals better. Sure reminds me of smelling the star anise at the Farmers Market. The Deva, that is.

By Giovannigray on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 11:36 pm: Edit

Well, Robman, you sound like you're off to a good start. Of the Spanish, I tend to favor NS70, Deva 50 and Segarra. I just received a bottle of Serpis, and the jury is still out.. Like a few forumites have offered in the past..it does taste "red". I wish I knew what produces the characteristic flavor of Serpis. I don't, but to my palate, it's very different from NS and Deva, and I need to have it significantly sweetened to be potable.

I started drinking absinthe about 6 months ago, and since then have tried about a dozen different types. With rare exception, each holds its specific appeal. Enjoy the excursion!

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation