Archive through March 12, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: BETINA ELIXIRS ANNOUNCEMENT...NEW PERNOD ABSINTHE:Archive through March 12, 2002
By Larsbogart on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 09:57 am: Edit

A suggestion [take it or leave it]:
Move all comments off this thread as it gives attention to Betty.
If you feel the need to reply please start a new thread.
-larsbogart

By Chevalier on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 09:50 am: Edit

Marc Campbell wrote:

"Vera has in recent months contributed nothing to this forum, nothing. I keep waiting for her to say something substantial, but all she does is post these unfunny wiseass comments. What happened to her art, her poetry, her visions?
She seems to have burned out."

Lighten up, my namesake forumite. One could say the same things about you. (The Mendocino post excepted. Hope to hear more about it.)

By Marccampbell on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 01:22 am: Edit

Don,

I just returned from a trip up the Pacific Coast Highway. I spent several nights in a cabin outside of Mendocino overlooking the ocean. Jennifer and I needed a new perspective after Vegas. California/nature/god delivered a beautiful cosmic slap upside our heads. I feel refreshed and positive. I have seriously thought about visiting you. Jennifer and I have discussed it. I have to overcome my fear of flying. Its a crippling phobia. And a very real one. Thanks for your invitation. I genuinely hope to take you up on it.

In San Francisco, I had drinks with the lovely
Kallisti and Morrigan. Kallisti and I went to see MULLHOLLAND DR. at the Red Vic Theater where they serve popcorn in wooden bowls and you can watch the movie sitting in a pew or an old beat up couch.

By Don_Walsh on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 12:29 am: Edit

All true, and I have said as much before.

Meanwhile, hail Marc, we've seen all too little of you around lately. How is your life and your lovely wife and when are you going to come and grace my humble abode and consume some absinthe with us here in Bangkok?

By Marccampbell on Monday, March 11, 2002 - 10:41 pm: Edit

Vera has in recent months contributed nothing to this forum, nothing. I keep waiting for her to say something substantial, but all she does is post these unfunny wiseass comments. What happened to her art, her poetry, her visions?
She seems to have burned out.

By Don_Walsh on Monday, March 11, 2002 - 10:26 pm: Edit

The point is, WENCH, if you intend to harass me, be prepared to have your insults thrown back in your cute little face. You're the modern American femme, aren't you, and surely would not want any quarter given to you because of your gender. So, if you want to play the bitch, I will treat you like a bitch.

By Don_Walsh on Monday, March 11, 2002 - 10:18 pm: Edit

Must have been a pussy fart, who could that have been?

By Verawench on Monday, March 11, 2002 - 06:54 pm: Edit

OK, who farted?

By Don_Walsh on Monday, March 11, 2002 - 10:14 am: Edit

LL: Glad to see that we can agree about something.

By Louched_Liver on Monday, March 11, 2002 - 07:15 am: Edit

Donster sez:
""Better than Spanish" really doesn't mean much I'm afraid on the Real-o-meter."
Man, you've got that right!

By Don_Walsh on Monday, March 11, 2002 - 06:11 am: Edit

If Nolan is a NOLAn he can find out what REAL is like from Ted.

But so far he hasn't a clue, I'm afraid.

I don't think he is a Betty troll but he sure barks like one.

"Better than Spanish" really doesn't mean much I'm afraid on the Real-o-meter.

By Petermarc on Sunday, March 10, 2002 - 11:15 am: Edit

>Is Jade available?No.Is it good?I have heard that it is.

if you have just heard that it is good, then you haven't had the pernod fils clone, either...which is the point...and when and where did you have the emile...?

By Larsbogart on Sunday, March 10, 2002 - 10:15 am: Edit

This thread will self destruct in 60 seconds.
larsbogart

By Nolan on Saturday, March 09, 2002 - 08:53 pm: Edit

HI VERDIGRIS,
Well, you should give the old liquid apple pie a chance,try it.It is actually damn good.It will give ya a pop skull hangover from hell tho.I live my life with pop skull hangovers and sinus trouble so it is nothin new to me.I reccomend the Emile.Mary mayans won't even come close.If it has to be spanish then as far as I am concerned it has to be Segarra.But the Emile is mucho better.

By Nolan on Saturday, March 09, 2002 - 06:54 pm: Edit

Sorry to burst your double assed bubble Don.But the only one of the drinks that Petermarc has shown below that I have not had is the new pernod 68.The rest of these I have had a few times.That is pretty real,don't you think?I stand by my earlier post.These absinthes are good,and they are real.They ain't vintage,but,they are better than any spanish and they are available to me in 4 or 5 days.No one has to pay a price that they don't want to or can't afford.I have payed more for both scotch and wine,neither of which I like as much as absinthe.People sell things to make money.
Hell,you ain't gonna give the Jade away,now are you?Is Jade available?No.Is it good?I have heard that it is.These are good and available.Are you jealous of the price Betina gets?She doesn't seem to have any trouble selling.I waited a good time before these were available.But not too long.

By Petermarc on Saturday, March 09, 2002 - 02:15 pm: Edit

new pernod 68°, pernod fils clone, vintage pernod fils, vintage pernod anis/pastis
second photo, pernod 68°, pernod fils clone, vintage pernod fils...
before
after

By Lordhobgoblin on Saturday, March 09, 2002 - 02:07 pm: Edit

If you can't find a torch then you can always use a bottle of Mari Mayans.

By Tabreaux on Saturday, March 09, 2002 - 12:47 pm: Edit

FWIW, the notion that the color in MM is 'natural' is marketing baloney.

By I_B_Puffin on Saturday, March 09, 2002 - 10:53 am: Edit

Verdigris_Harpy, you can always make your own absinthe Ice cream. I've done it. The only thing is if it has too much alcohol is will be slushy and never thicken up. Of course the right amount will make it softer than regular homemade ice cream. I just used another liquor flavored ice cream recipe and used a comparable amount of absinthe adjusted for absinthes higher alcohol level. It was good, but maybe a little to lightly flavored.

By Don_Walsh on Saturday, March 09, 2002 - 09:28 am: Edit

Nolan says "as real as it gets" but Nolan doesn't know what real is, because Nolan hasn't has real, and so wouldn't know real if it bit him on the thigh.

Sorry, Nolan, but ignorance is not bliss.

Knowledge is bliss.

Ignorance is half assed shit at Betina's double-bubble assed prices.

By Verdigris_Harpy on Saturday, March 09, 2002 - 06:46 am: Edit

Hey,Nolan!

Whatever these are,they sound better than the
toidy brewed Everclear Applejack we discussed
awhile back(Blue Hell brand,was'nt it? Heee.)

Do they go well with biscuits n honey?

Seriously.Now that I've told all I'll be ok
if I sip a little absinthe,I would be most
appreciative of a recommendation for my friends
and I.My friends are immersed in alchohol sufficiently to drink two-three glasses and remain
upright.I will stick with one glass.

How about one of these new additons? I would pre
fer something in the 55%-ish range,though.We were
thinkin Mari Mayins(sorry if I mispelled .It's
early.)for the natural color,lower alch.content
and louche factor.We are all visual artists,
and appreciate "liquid alchemy".Would still
like some n pretty,if possible.We are just like that.

And something that wo'nt break our meager banks.

BTW,absinthe filled chocolates sound yummy.How
about a nice absinthe ice cream,maybe with
chocolate chunks?Even if I'm not a big
anise fan,still sounds mm mm good.Maybe
Ben n Jerry's l whip up a batch ;)

How about biscuits n honey with a little
drizzlin of absinthe over as well? The breakfast
of champions?

Thanking in advance,

V

By Nolan on Saturday, March 09, 2002 - 06:03 am: Edit

O.k. so if these are not real absinthes then what are they?What is a real absinthe?I can tell you this much.These are more real than any of the spanish.Taste much better too.I like them even more than I do Segarra,and I really like Segarra.
I can't comment on the new Pernod as I have not tried it yet.But I can tell you this much.These are about as real as it gets.No,they are not vintage absinthes.Only vintage is vintage.But since vintage is so expensive and hard to find these help fill the void quite nicely.

By Chrysippvs on Saturday, March 09, 2002 - 12:37 am: Edit

The sad truth...

By Tabreaux on Friday, March 08, 2002 - 09:48 pm: Edit

"Pernod 68 - wasn't that the strength of the original?"

And that is about where the comparison ends.

By Chrysippvs on Friday, March 08, 2002 - 09:21 pm: Edit

yeah, the middle-grade atleast, if only these "Absinthes" were really absinthe....

By Robman on Friday, March 08, 2002 - 09:20 pm: Edit

I wish I made more money - then I wouldn't have to use SC and wait 3 weeks. Pernod 68 - wasn't that the strength of the original?

By Betina on Friday, March 08, 2002 - 04:01 pm: Edit

I am pleased to announce that I am now taking reservations for the new Pernod 68% absinthe. Both Pontarlier French Emile and French Guy absinthes, and Suisse Kubler are also finally available. And, of course, the long awaited Suisse La Bleue-Filled Dark Chocolate Cordials...are here.
BETINA ELIXIRS

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation