Must see, not on NBC

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru March 2002:Must see, not on NBC
By Sicboy13 on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 06:52 am: Edit

talk to me before you do

By Pablo on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 01:16 am: Edit

I have seen the first 3 episodes of "The Shield". Its not bad. It grew on me big time at the 2nd episode. I got them as an Electronic press kit from the company. On DVD no less! Thinking of putting it up for sale on e-bay!

By Angryp on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 08:47 pm: Edit

And then there were those selfish grifter assholes in the industy who were in a large way responsible for the .com collapse.

The CEO at a company I worked for used company bank accounts as his personal money jar. Owned 2/3 of the company, so he just told the other partners to piss off when they complained. To this day, I have no idea how he managed not to get audited by the IRS (I woulda heard if he had been).

The company probably would still be around, despite the .com collapse if he hadn't burned through so much of the company's money. We had an awsome client list.

By Mr_Rabid on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 08:21 pm: Edit

Sho nuff. Remember the good ol days, when you could get investment capital for shit like "I'm gonna have this free service where we do tech support for habitrails, yknow those things hamsters live in. We might, you know, sell banner ads or something, but prolly not cause we want to keep it, y'know, pure."

Anything .com. Anything at all, and they would shove the money up your ass...

Sigh.

By Angryp on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 08:16 pm: Edit

No cable :(. Internet industry + independent contractor = seriously funds-challenged.

By Sicboy13 on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 08:07 pm: Edit

Did anyone catch the new show on FX called "The Shield"? I just watched it & it is the fuckin coolest show to hit the cheesy tv scene since...since...CHiPS! No for real though.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation