Archive through March 09, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru March 2002:So is it bad:Archive through March 09, 2002
By Larsbogart on Saturday, March 09, 2002 - 03:21 pm: Edit

Morrigan:
I have a Yohji Yamamoto Cockroach Coat...at your service, anyway, until.
-larsbogart

By Sicboy13 on Saturday, March 09, 2002 - 03:17 pm: Edit

Is this why the baldies dont put up real pics of themselves? (snicker snicker) ;)>

By Lordhobgoblin on Saturday, March 09, 2002 - 02:17 pm: Edit

Brett,

I suppose being very bald at 20 would be a bit of an issue. I'm 37 and have a tiny bit left on top (completely bald temples) and it's been a very slow process from about 19 (although if I was as bald at 20 as I am now I would have been most upset). The process seems to have slowed down over the past 5 years so maybe I'll be left with more or less what I have now (wishful thinking probably). Anyway I'm not really that bothered. Most men with receding hairlines need to have very short haircuts, anything else usually looks ridiculous.

Hobgoblin

By Sicboy13 on Saturday, March 09, 2002 - 11:04 am: Edit

I'm not only the president, I'm a client! Sy Sperling *circa 1988*

By Wolfgang on Saturday, March 09, 2002 - 09:34 am: Edit

Hearing you talk about goths reminds me of people who talk about "this so cool hallucinatory Hill's" and think they know something about absinthe. We can't generalize. If 90% of the population are morons, it's just normal that 90% of any social group are morons.

Or maybe you just meet with revolted uneducated teenagers who happen to wear black and play Vampire the mascarade...

I have a gothic soirée tomorrow night and will be selling some antic spoons there and believe me, if someone was so dumb as to use the czeck ritual he would get ridiculised for sure. But I agree that I did a lot of education in the last year.

By Brett on Saturday, March 09, 2002 - 08:32 am: Edit

The only problem I have with telling people I drink absinthe is 99% of the people I tell seem to think I buy Hill's from the liquor store and drink that. To avoid long and complicated explinations of where and how I get my stuff, and how it is different from Hill's and so on, I just never refer to it. I just say, "Oh I was up all last night drinking and playing computer games," or "I was stuck with this project at first, but I had a couple of glass of uh.....a couple of drinks, and then I got going." So maybe there's this whole world of hot chicks I'm missing out on because of this. Then again, I'm engaged, so not like I would do anything.

BTW, my friend is 20 and he has almost no hair at all. He keeps his head shaved, for if he lets what little hair he has left grow he looks like he's 35.

By Lordhobgoblin on Saturday, March 09, 2002 - 06:06 am: Edit

Baz,

Very few people lose their hair at 30. If you are going to go bald it usually starts falling out very gradually a long time before that.

Anyway what's the big deal? Who cares anyway? My hair started falling out when I was 19 and its never caused me any problems, even when I was single, some women actually prefer it.

Although it can look ridiculous if you are going bald and have long hair.

Hobgoblin

By Verawench on Friday, March 08, 2002 - 04:36 pm: Edit

So it's a frackcoot?

By Chevalier on Friday, March 08, 2002 - 03:35 pm: Edit

My dear Morrigan, in Chile a man's morning coat -- the grey or black, swallow-tailed kind one gets married in -- is still called a "frack". That's right: with an "a". And they still call plumbers "gasfiters" (with one "t"), which goes back to the days when gas, not electricity, was used to light buildings and streets. Over a hundred years ago!

By Morriganlefey on Friday, March 08, 2002 - 02:45 pm: Edit

Always. Especially when you least expect it.

- M

By Baz on Friday, March 08, 2002 - 11:54 am: Edit

Just checking to see if you r paying attention!

By Morriganlefey on Friday, March 08, 2002 - 10:01 am: Edit

Did someone say frockcoat??

- M

By Larsbogart on Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 10:37 pm: Edit

Vera:
Uhm, Ethan and Aurora, I think, sweated it out just to see the expression on the others face when they came.
Well... can you think of a better reason?
Dont worry about her spine, it will be good as new in the morning, better.
-larsbogart

By Verawench on Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 09:27 pm: Edit

She's arching her back impossibly. I didn't know a woman could do that. If there's any place she ever wanted to break her spine it's on top of him

By Verawench on Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 09:24 pm: Edit

how are you lars?

Ethan and Aurora are fucking with tears in their eyes in the next room. I can almost see his face...

By Verawench on Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 09:23 pm: Edit

At this point, i am numb and indifferent and content.

I'd like another messyrita though. That's a margarita with your own drunken spittle oozed into it. lol.... drunk is good.

By Larsbogart on Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 09:21 pm: Edit

Vera:
Is that the guy in Waynes World? He is an idiot.
Oh yeah, I have counted all the sundays I have left before she's gone for good. I will not miss one. And you?
-larsbogart

By Verawench on Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 09:02 pm: Edit

Goths are idiots. I don't like goths.

By Cheri on Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 06:54 pm: Edit

Lars, methinks I'm half dead right now. But the other half is just starting to live again.

Magicman... you most certainly do! and your profile pic is yummy!

Baz: I tend to go for those just a little younger than I am hoping are more or less being themselves and daring to be different in this shaved head, perfectly coiffed, hairspray society we're in now.. I don't know, in my eyes, it seems like there's a mass society of clones out there. Male and female. And the teenagers look to me as alike as those darn plastic army men, only varying in pose. If one choses to conform or must conform, I have nothing against that. They just don't seem to catch my eye. I've always been kinda "different" and dated along those lines as well.

I don't know if any of that made sense! If not, pretend it did.

By Themagicman on Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 04:12 pm: Edit

hay Cheri I have long hair

By Chevalier on Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 04:11 pm: Edit

You meant to say "alyve", didn't you?

By Larsbogart on Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 03:18 pm: Edit

Happy Birthday Cheri.
Which do you prefer, half alive or half dead?
-larsbogart

By Chevalier on Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 02:50 pm: Edit

Okay, but why the "y"?

By Baz on Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 02:46 pm: Edit

So do you kinda like guys that used to have long hair but cut it off b/c they went bald and didn't want to look like the old hippie that couldn't get out of the sixties?

I know women love that stuff.

Sucks to lose your hair at thirty.

Especially when you're single.

By Baz on Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 02:43 pm: Edit

I didn't know about the walmart thing. Seems like a real vampyre would shop at some cool place with spider webs and frock coats...

By Cheri on Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 02:41 pm: Edit

Also, a goth boi is a girlie boy.. a goth gyrl is sorta an androgenous girl or a girlie guy..let me put it this way... in the goth clubs I go to, gender is meaningless and sometimes outwardly undetectable. I LOVE GUYS WITH LONG HAIR. Oy Oy Goth Bois

By Cheri on Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 02:37 pm: Edit

A vampire is one who likes to dress up and role play and assume the role of those noted in fiction, such as Lestat and Louis and Bram Stoker's Dracula. A vampyre is the real thing. Not immortal, can exist during the day (but who the heck wants to sometimes)isn't always a blood drinker (some of us are simply energy and absinthe drinkers! :) and shops at WalMart.

By Chevalier on Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 02:35 pm: Edit

What is the difference between absinthe and absynthe? Drunk while sytting on a plynth?

Seriously, why do goths replace the "i" with "y"? And do they also replace the "u" with "v"?

By Baz on Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 02:24 pm: Edit

I always wanted to date a goth chick, but never did. I have regrets.
So I have to ask, what is the diff between a vampire and a vampyre? Sounds sexier, but besydes that ????

By Cheri on Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 12:24 pm: Edit

Goth chics are hooked on the rumors about absinthe. They think they're gonna get high..hallucinate, all that bullshit. Even almost naked bald girls that come to the club. I shared some contraband with her and she was waiting the entire time to "trip."

I have been ridiculed about my spoon, sugar cube/water drip ritual. WHY DON'T YOU JUST MELT THE SUGAR IN THE WATER AND DUMP IT IN???

My boyfriend is an artist/lush. I am vampyre/lush/mom. We both love absinthe.. however, he likes the more pricey kind!

It really helps when someone knows about it and knows about what's available present day.. or else they think you're some kind of alkie/junkie stoned out of their mind who indulges in highly illegal absinthe smuggling activities.

By _Blackjack on Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 04:38 am: Edit

I thought the whole point of drinking absinthe was to impress goth chicks...

By Pablo on Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 04:31 am: Edit

Don't tell them what it is until you have gotten her drunk on it. And slept with her.

Is that wrong?

By Louched_Liver on Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 03:01 am: Edit

If your special someone, of whatever flavor, doesn't like, or can even stand, absinthe, like mine, look on the bright side. Mrs. Louchey can't get past the smell to swill any, so just enjoy the fact that there is more for you. Especially for what this stuff costs.

By Themagicman on Thursday, March 07, 2002 - 12:11 am: Edit

Yep Destiny I think your right about that more of a art thing then a Art History majors thing

By Destiny on Wednesday, March 06, 2002 - 10:17 pm: Edit

Don't know about Art History majors at "regular" American universities, but I know some from a local art college and they're pretty cool and open. Not that long ago, I mentioned absinthe in passing and this one girl's eyes just lit up - she was very interested. Maybe it's more of an "artist" thing than a "college person studying art" thing?

By Aroquentin on Wednesday, March 06, 2002 - 07:21 pm: Edit

Hmm, I was just about to mention that Art History majors are quite open-minded about it. Then I read the last post. Well now that I think about it I am actually referring to art history majors who are from Europe. Most American girls are, I would imagine, wary or disinterested when it comes to your favorite poison.

By Sicboy13 on Wednesday, March 06, 2002 - 07:13 pm: Edit

to be honest....my fiancee is a art/english graduate student and I can't even get her to try Pernod...let alone the absinthe. Her favorite artist is T.L. .....??? still don't want nothin to do with it. GOOD LUCK!

By Mr_Carfax on Wednesday, March 06, 2002 - 06:42 pm: Edit

Finding a potential partner who already knows what absinthe is, is probably a bit like finding a partner who knows tantric sex...a bit of serendipitous luck.

But if they don't know and are interested to learn more, then you can always teach them about its hidden pleasures.....

Just start quoting French history, literary figures who drank absinthe, decry the injustices of poor government and critique the unscientific reasoning behind prohibition and I'm sure you will come across as an intelligent cultured chap rather than a big chump with an expensive drinking habit (and deep down, aren't we all really the latter)

By Rimbaud on Wednesday, March 06, 2002 - 06:39 pm: Edit

It's SAD.

By Themagicman on Wednesday, March 06, 2002 - 06:34 pm: Edit

and you know, I use to have a BIG weiner!!!until I grew into it

By Sicboy13 on Wednesday, March 06, 2002 - 06:11 pm: Edit

I got a weiner. I am of no help.

By Themagicman on Wednesday, March 06, 2002 - 05:20 pm: Edit

Ok is it bad that when meeting women that if they donít have a clue what the hell absinthe is youíre probably not going to hit it off.

Ok Iím just joking but its has seemed here lately that the women I have met here lately, donít have a clue about it, and we didnít seem to hit it off and all the people that have a clue about it we seem to hit it off, but I just need to find a woman to share it withÖ

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation