Jewels of information - rating new brands

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru March 2002:Jewels of information - rating new brands
By Nolan on Friday, March 15, 2002 - 10:59 pm: Edit

As far as I know Guy is available in the U.S.A.
only from Betina.I will post tasting notes on Guy,Kubler and Emile when I have properly evaluated them.At least to my satisfaction.I have only had the time to taste them.But all three taste very good to me.All would outrank any spanish including Segarra,IMHO.

By Robman on Wednesday, March 13, 2002 - 07:53 am: Edit

A pretty comprehensive ranking was offered a while ago, but it focused mostly on the brands available from SC and Betina. What I have noticed is that there are a slew of German websites that offer a lot of brands that have not been thoroughly discussed here (example weinquell which offers TABU and the Pernod 68).

I would like to initiate a dialogue on rating the new German and French brands.

ULEX - had a decent review, but the thread digressed into discussing the validity of an absinthe that advertises thujone content - but basically the review indicated that ULEX was good with a proper amount of sugar.

TABU - good reviews - better than all Spanish brands?

François Guy - I just read a favorable description, but is it available from anyone other than Betina?

Absenthus - Better than Czeck swill, but not much.

What about some of the other brands that aren't available through SC (seems to be this board's favorite provider, and my experience supports that, but diversification is a good thing). Any news on the service from www.absint-shop.com ?

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation