Archive through March 12, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru March 2002:Extremely SLOW SC lately:Archive through March 12, 2002
By Robman on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 11:12 pm: Edit

Who would have thought - Domino's cubes work better. As far as my selection, I read a lot of reviews before deciding on those two. The concensus seems to be that Deva 70 is way too alcoholic in it's aroma, NS 70 is more balanced than 55, and that Serpis is RED! I will try Segarra and (if I can get it) TABU next time I order (assuming I find that I like absinthe - who knows, I may hate it and have two mostly undrunken bottles of absinthe as decoration).

By Giovannigray on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 10:53 pm: Edit

Domino Dots, believe it or not, are just fine. The fancy French ones, (at least the A La Perruche cubes), don't dissolve nearly as well, IMHO.

I like both Deva50 and NS70.. Deva is a little sweeter than NS, as you will soon discover.

By Robman on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 10:46 pm: Edit

It's really not taking that much will power - I just want to do things the right way. I went to the grocery store tonight and bought some sport bottles of spring water, and filled an ice tray with spring water (properly marked, of course). I aslo picked up a box of standard sugar cubes, disappointed I couldn't find the fancy french kind. However, I understand that both Deva and NS70 are quite sweet on their own.

By Giovannigray on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 10:04 pm: Edit

The gaze of an unopened absinthe bottle becomes more intense with each hour it remains sealed. Will power, Robman, will power!

By Sicboy13 on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 09:22 pm: Edit

Your alright Robman, I tell ya what, I want a full play by play of your first experience though. I will keep you posted tommorow. Hopin to cheers ya soon! Sam

By Robman on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 09:00 pm: Edit

If it makes you feel any better, I haven't cracked a bottle yet from my shipment - they are just sitting on my desk staring at me.

Tell you what - I won't open one till you geet yours - then we'll binge.

By Louched_Liver on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 05:34 pm: Edit

Shit Siccy,

If I gotta front for a jockey, I'll do it.

By Sicboy13 on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 05:25 pm: Edit

i'm a damn slow learner

By Louched_Liver on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 04:47 pm: Edit

Boy,

I hope you reupped a week ago, because to see you go through this again when you kill that bottle this wkend (if it shows, which I hope it does), ain't gonna be pretty.

By Sicboy13 on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 03:50 pm: Edit

NAAAA-SIIING! AB-SA-ROOT-REEE NAAAA-SIIING!

Nothing arrived today either, will you all join me in a little prayer for tommorow please....pray to the god(s) of your choice. I will pray to Jobu,I give him cigars and Rum, he will come!

By Robman on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 10:59 am: Edit

Viel Gluck! Narac! Good luck!

By Sicboy13 on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 10:57 am: Edit

mails not in yet, wich me luck!

By Robman on Tuesday, March 12, 2002 - 10:55 am: Edit

Sicboy - Any news, or will you have to wait until you get home from work?

By Sicboy13 on Monday, March 11, 2002 - 08:49 pm: Edit

robman, my email is available on my profile, please, do tell why you think the way you do about the usda interest about SC's packaging...

By Sicboy13 on Monday, March 11, 2002 - 08:46 pm: Edit

I mizutherfizuckin hope so!

By Robman on Monday, March 11, 2002 - 08:44 pm: Edit

Sicboy,

I expect you will receive yours very soon.

By Robman on Monday, March 11, 2002 - 08:26 pm: Edit

I am now sitting at my desk with my complete and intact order from SC: 1 bottle NS70, 1 bottle Deva 50, and four mini Montanas. Plus my glass and spoon. I am seriously impressed with their packing - they even used a Mari Mayans box (inside out) to pack it. The glass is quite nice, if simple, the spoon is worth what you pay for it (a proper design but very thin sheet metal - but it works!)

I now understand the USDA's interest in SC packages.

No, I haven't opened a bottle yet.

By Sicboy13 on Monday, March 11, 2002 - 04:17 pm: Edit

no dice in Iowa....I will let ya know :(

By Etienne on Monday, March 11, 2002 - 03:56 pm: Edit

A two bottle order from SC, shipped the 5th., arrived in Michigan today without interference.

YAY!!

By Sicboy13 on Monday, March 11, 2002 - 02:01 pm: Edit

I'm in the midwest, I'll let ya know when I get mine, it went out the same day

By Robman on Monday, March 11, 2002 - 01:53 pm: Edit

March 5

By Sicboy13 on Monday, March 11, 2002 - 01:38 pm: Edit

robman, when did they take yours yours to "post"?

By Robman on Monday, March 11, 2002 - 01:18 pm: Edit

I received my order today that was placed Feb 23.

By Lordhobgoblin on Monday, March 11, 2002 - 11:36 am: Edit

It does seems a bit long, I'd e-mail them again. I had a package fairly recently to the UK with the usual prompt service.

By Scoobydoo on Monday, March 11, 2002 - 10:44 am: Edit

So my friend and I ordered 5 bottles from SC in early January. Three bottles made it OK. We emailed them after that and said that the other 2 never came. We waited another three weeks to be sure. At that point they told us they were preparing another package. NOW, it's been another THREE weeks and still no package!!!!

Someone's got an appetite in the postal service for this stuff I think! :)

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation