Long Term Storage of Absinthe

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru March 2002:Long Term Storage of Absinthe
By Brett on Friday, March 15, 2002 - 11:48 pm: Edit

I've had my MM70 for almost a year in the same bottle (its almost gone) and have not noticed any difference in flavor at all. It is stored in a cool, dark place (like the top shelf of my closet) and almost never sees the light of day.

By Pablo on Friday, March 15, 2002 - 01:01 am: Edit

Feel free to store them at my house!

By Destiny on Thursday, March 14, 2002 - 06:35 pm: Edit

Just store an empty bottle and label it "Jade".

(Just kidding, Don)

By Chevalier on Thursday, March 14, 2002 - 04:24 pm: Edit

But why would you save absinthe for years? It doesn't improve with age, am I right? And all of us seem to drink the stuff as fast as it comes in. Buy a bottle when you're ready to use it. Now, if you're thinking about hoarding bottles of Jade, let's face it: Ted and Don intend to stay in business long enough to make hoarding unnecessary. Let's hope that they succeed.

By Lint on Thursday, March 14, 2002 - 04:15 pm: Edit

good point petermarc, but i was thinking of storing a few bottles of segarra, deva, ns, jade, etc for well into the future to see how they taste when im a lot older, special occasions, gifts, etc (im 22yrs old now).

By Timk on Thursday, March 14, 2002 - 04:08 pm: Edit

well, you never know...

By Petermarc on Thursday, March 14, 2002 - 04:02 pm: Edit

my point being that it would never be stored remotely close to THAT long, unless lint dies...

By Timk on Thursday, March 14, 2002 - 03:59 pm: Edit

I wouldnt trust the screw thread on a modern bottle of absinthe to prevent the contents from evaporating if stored upright - though the loss would be negligible unless real long term storage was the purpose.

By Petermarc on Thursday, March 14, 2002 - 03:43 pm: Edit

huh?

By Timk on Thursday, March 14, 2002 - 02:28 pm: Edit

and virtually absinthe free after a couple too :)

By Petermarc on Thursday, March 14, 2002 - 02:02 pm: Edit

store them standing up...virtually funk-free for years...

By Lint on Thursday, March 14, 2002 - 01:13 pm: Edit

i just noticed this is now being lightly touched on in the "...NEW PERNOD ABSINTHE" thread. any suggestions are still appreciated.

By Lint on Thursday, March 14, 2002 - 01:01 pm: Edit

If I was going to buy a few bottles of misc absinthes and keep them around for a long time would I be better off replacing the metal cap with a cork? Wouldnt want to get rust or any funk flavoring to the absinthe after a few years because of the metal. Any sugestions? Will Jade come with a cork or cap, Don? thanks for any help.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation