Archive through March 18, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru March 2002:Where is the king of hellfire?:Archive through March 18, 2002
By _Blackjack on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 09:35 am: Edit

Well, maybe it says something about the kind of company I kep, but I am more than willing to put up with caustic, brash and verbally abusive people as long as they are entertaining and intellegent, which I found Don to be. Which is not to say that I approve of calling Vera a cunt. My soft spot for cute goth chicks is notorious. While I missed the exchange in question, (or I've become so desensitized that I filtered it out) for fuck's sake, it's just a message board. Vera's clever enough to defend herself.

Back in my day (he said with full knowlege of the irony of those words coming from someone under 30), conversation among my friends was a Darwinian ordeal. If you were witty enough, quick enough, loud enough, and snide enough, you would quickly gain acceptance, and those who weren't quickly found somewhere else to be. By this process, we created a community of utterly clever, creative, bizzare individuals. As time passed, our standards softened and our tolerence for the less-clever increased. I may be that you have to be 20 to have the kind of energy it takes to keep up that kind of rigorous scrutiny, I dunno. But whateve it was, it componded upon itself over the years until the community has now been over-run with mediocre intellects, poseurs and cretins.

Obviously, it is Kallisti who gets to decide the standards for this community, not I, and she has more important things on her mind anyway, but in the punk-rock stripper bar in MY mind, you get bounced for being stupid or boring, not for calling people names.

By Louched_Liver on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 08:43 am: Edit

You don't think there is a difference between being civil, and having your actions censored?

By Oxygenee on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 08:11 am: Edit

".......I'm against any censorship. All I would have liked was for Walsh to be a tad more civil...."

If ever there was a quote George Orwell would have been proud of, its this one.

By Louched_Liver on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 08:07 am: Edit

Lint,

You are correct, Don will respond to your e-mails. I expressed my opion, differentiating common courtesty from censorship, and he told me his thoughts on the subject. Very succinctly, I might add.

By Louched_Liver on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 08:04 am: Edit

Oxygenee,
By emphasising the word occasional, I meant he was occasionally on target. I'm not saying there should even be an arbiter of what should or shouldn't be posted. If you've read my position on such, posted here more than once, you'll see I'm against any cencorship. All I would have liked was for Walsh to be a tad more civil, and if he wasn't, whatever. I quit reading most of his posts long ago.
Kallisti set the rules, Don quit because of them, came right back, broke the rules, got tossed.
If your opion is that that's too bad-good for you.
I, disagree. The main reaction from the forum was one of a total lack of caring about his not being around.

By Lint on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 08:00 am: Edit

I know he still reads this forum, so if you have any questions directed at him, im sure he will respond if your email is available under your profile. He did for me...

By Oxygenee on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 07:52 am: Edit

Why on earth should the "emphasis be on the occasional"? Why shouldn't Don be "rude", as you put it, whenever the hell he feels like it? Are you suggesting that some arbiter (you perhaps?) should decide when and how often Don is allowed to be "rude"?

Really, this is too ridiculous. Don's absence is a serious, and I think fatal blow to what was once a truly remarkable piece of cyberspace.

By Louched_Liver on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 06:33 am: Edit

Oxygenee,

You said "his occasional marvellously detailed baroque insults", the emphasis should be occasional. I enjoyed as much as anyone when Don was on target, but that was rare.
I don't care what anyone here says about me, why should I, or anyone. What bothered me, and the 1/2 dozen or so forum members I've talked to about this, was his just plain rudeness. That was boring and tiresome.

By Oxygenee on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 06:28 am: Edit

Don't be ridiculous LL - Don is not hateful, certainly not a monster, and has never, in my opinion, said anything TRULY offensive on the Forum - his occasional marvellously detailed baroque insults are just a form of highly stylised performance art, an echo of a lost age of literary robustness traceable all the way back to Swift three centuries ago - to take offense at them is just to display your own lack of intelligence and humour. Its astonishing to me that one of the best minds and most faithful contributors to the Forum has been banned. We're left now with people like Vera whose razor sharp intellect and devastating wit manifest themselves in posts saying "Who farted", and who last year entertained as all with a 30 page blank post - now THAT was truly offensive.

By Louched_Liver on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 06:13 am: Edit

Pa Blow,

Up yours you motherless fuck! Druggie asshole! Quit wasting Admin's bandwidth. This has been covered before, read all the archives before ever posting here again. Betty's, Old Way, Pernod 68, and all the rest are crap! Don't waste your time. (Somehow BEI never took a shot, though.) You've never contributed anything here. All you've done is whimper. You'd better get a thicker skin for when things really get started, buster. I don't see you adding anything to the absinthe community, I put my money where my mouth is (guess Jade will be a not for profit). Cunt, cunt, cunt!!!!!!

That was fun! Who's next?

Yep the Fairy Fest is still in flight. Been busy w/the arrival Heady Pross, and the Headbanger's Ball.

By Pablo on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 05:40 am: Edit

Well Im gonna try and get the ball rolling here.

Fuck you butt monkey!

sincerely,
pablo

(Hmmm. I can't really pull that off can I?)

P.S. ive been gone awhile. is the fairy fest still on?

By Louched_Liver on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 05:26 am: Edit

The resident troll got kicked out from under the bridge, and now we hear from both Head and Artemis.
That puts us up 2 to 1 I say.
I doubt if the Ball of Fat Forum Fury got bounced for 1 incident. I'd bet it was for his lashing out time and time again at others besides Vera.
This joint is like any group of shaved apes interacting- shit gets rehashed, there's not really much new going on, some yobbos drone on and on, there's a few laughs, some occasional insights. But, that's how people be. If anyone gets bored, say "Buh bye, now." The tone of civility here now is quite different, I'll give you that, but let's see what happens. The Big Hole of Hate hasn't been gone long. And who's to say he's not just being given a "time out" for being a mega-dickwad?

Happier being bored by a lack of something going on at the moment, than by the background of bile being constanly spewed by Donster the Monster,
Louched Liver

By Aion on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 04:01 am: Edit

Maybe it is time for Marc to
continue his "Confessions ..."

By Petermarc on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 03:48 am: Edit

ah, yes, the 'pleasure sheep'...

By Aion on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 03:13 am: Edit

... and dream of sheep ....

By Petermarc on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 02:43 am: Edit

sleep the deep sleep of the justified...

By Marccampbell on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 02:27 am: Edit

goodnight, cocksuckers

By Marccampbell on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 02:26 am: Edit

watch out for those fake spoons, slow deliveries
from SC, funny photos of kittens, pearls of wisdom from brain-addled goth girls (seen Ghost World lately), wolvies latest and head's big dick.
man, this place rocks.

By Marccampbell on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 02:19 am: Edit

I am looking within. And what I see is a roiling black cloud of anger, frustration and despair.
Ok?
Now go back to referencing Forest Gump, French boy.

By Petermarc on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 02:14 am: Edit

look within...

By Marccampbell on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 02:09 am: Edit

instead of banning people for being foulmouthed and confrontational, ban them for being boring.
whats more offensive than mediocrity and dullness?

By Marccampbell on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 02:05 am: Edit

well Don was banned from the forum for calling Vera a cunt. Too bad. Cause truth be told, she is a cunt! And this website has been overrun by frat boys, poseurs and wannabes. At least Don's diatribes had some genuine transgressive punk anger about them. The rest of you cats are way too civilized. Rimbaud, Baudelaire and Oscar Wilde
would probably agree with Don; you're all cunts!
As for me, I find the word "cunt" far too beautiful to use in describing the losers that stink up this joint. You're all a bunch of cocks!

By Marccampbell on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 01:52 am: Edit

that was pretty fucking boring. I expect more from you petermarc.

By Petermarc on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 01:48 am: Edit

boring is as boring does...

By Marccampbell on Monday, March 18, 2002 - 01:26 am: Edit

Where the fuck is Don? Love him or hate him, the absinthe forum is a snoozefest without him.

The same could be said about artemis and head prosthesis. I miss the passion, the wit and the unfashionably anti-political correctness of our prodigal sons. Bring back the fury, bring back the filth.
This is my cry in the dark. Come back head, come back Don, come back artemis. We need you now more than ever!

Man, this place is boring.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation