Archive through March 20, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: THE Definitive Guide to Wolvie's La Bleue:Archive through March 20, 2002
By Zman7 on Wednesday, March 20, 2002 - 12:03 pm: Edit

Betty get her hands on Jade? Not very likely.

By Amnesiac on Wednesday, March 20, 2002 - 11:31 am: Edit

Thanks, Destiny, for the info.

Well, if that's the case about an invite, I highly doubt I'll ever get one either.

When Jade does come out, who will be selling it for shipment to (and I suppose within) the United States? I'm sure Betty will get her hands on some, but will Wolvie get some as well? Or will it be done solely through the producers?

Oh well. We'll all just have to wait and see I guess. In the meantime it sounds like Wolvie's La Bleue should more than tide me over.

(I'm hoping to get the shipment before my birthday on April 15th. I figured I could indulge myself on Sunday the 14th and carry on into and through the 15th. Some helluva birthday plan, eh?)

By Destiny on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 - 10:43 pm: Edit

Hi Amnesiac, the Jade brand products are supposed to be the holy grail of modern absinthes. Not available yet, but there have been tasting parties and the reviews are wondeful. Supposedly they are relatively close to release.

I have never had the pleasure of a taste, I hear that you have to blow someone to get an invite...

>:-)

By Destiny on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 - 10:35 pm: Edit

So now there isn't any quality verte at less than $150-$200 bottle? This is real world example of the free market discusssions that we have, but it isn't working right. We are customers, we have money, and the market exists for good verte at ~$85 bottle/shipped. Where are the producers?

I can understand the situation with the Jade delay as we are all at their mercy. Nobody could really go against them and claim a superior or more "authentic" product; the reviews are wonderful and the price is expected to be reasonable - so we must wait. However, considering that Jade will very likely put some people out of business or at least cut into their profits you would think that they would be selling all they can now, before the market heads to Thailand.

Hear that? More green... NOW!

By Amnesiac on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 - 10:20 pm: Edit

Thanks everyone for the great info so far. I'm looking VERY forward to receiving my La Bleue from Wolvie. I'm hoping it will have the secondary effects of Absinthe that I'm so looking forwarding to. From anyone's experiences, how DO the secondary effects rate with Wolvie's Absinthe?

Also- I keey reading and hearing about this 'Jade' Absinthe. What is it? Where can it be bought? And just how good is the stuff?

Thanks again for all the info.

By Perruche_Verte on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 - 10:18 pm: Edit

My understanding is, the cost of the herbs isn't the main factor. The finishing step is difficult and takes time to do, and of course you can only make so much at a time if you're a little one-or-two person operation. So really it's the labor costs, assuming of course that the maker wants some compensation for his time and efforts -- and he certainly deserves it!

Word I have is that no more green is available for now, though it may reappear at a later date in limited quantities. C'est la vie.

PV

By Destiny on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 - 10:07 pm: Edit

About how much does the coloring step add to the cost? Wolvie's green was about $10 more than his La Bleue, right? Doesn't that offset the cost, the market seems to be there

By Etienne on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 - 08:25 pm: Edit

Takes care of the sugar, adds some caffeine.

It might work.

By Head_Prosthesis on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 - 08:14 pm: Edit

Just mix it with Mountain Dew.

By Etienne on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 - 08:12 pm: Edit

OK, GREAT! So now where do we go for a good verte?
Huh?

By Louched_Liver on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 - 08:06 pm: Edit

Read it and weep!

By Destiny on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 - 08:06 pm: Edit

I can't hear you... La-La-La-La-La!!!!

By Louched_Liver on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 - 07:51 pm: Edit

From The Snapper-
"Dis hombre, he speaketh the truth."

By Destiny on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 - 07:47 pm: Edit

String-up Lynched Liver, the bringer of bad news!!!

By Louched_Liver on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 - 07:28 pm: Edit

Yes, why else would I say anything? I'm not being a bummer, I'm telling what I know so false hopes aren't dashed.
As far as what's left, I don't know.

By Crosby on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 - 07:26 pm: Edit

Etienne,

Check your email buddy.

Harry

By Etienne on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 - 07:19 pm: Edit

LL;

You're being a bummer, did you hear this from the source? Fess up.

By Etienne on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 - 07:15 pm: Edit

Hi Harry!

Did ya get my mail?

By Louched_Liver on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 - 07:13 pm: Edit

Man hope dies hard. It's gone when whatever is left is gone.

By Joalco on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 - 07:12 pm: Edit

As of my most recent trip to the website, both are still listed as available...

Perhaps this is much ado about nothing?

>crossing fingers<

By Etienne on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 - 07:12 pm: Edit

Destiny;

Please let us know what you hear... this is a major issue with me. I WANT THE GREEN.

By Crosby on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 - 07:10 pm: Edit

The Verte is my all time favorite and it's passing would be a tragedy. I have two bottles on the way and two La Bleue. The La Bleue was back ordered a month or so ago. When Peter accepted my order I was in formed that the green was always available, only the La Bleue was sometimes scarce. That was three weeks ago, lets hope it's only out of stock

By Louched_Liver on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 - 06:59 pm: Edit

Destinky,

You can taste the Greeny goodness. That's the problem-costs too much to make. Maybe if a bunch volunteered up more $$ for a "special" batch.

By Louched_Liver on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 - 06:57 pm: Edit

Pantyspool,

I'd agree. Like Sinead says about him being 1/2 fucked out of his mind and still producing what he does. Just imagine if he wasn't.
He moves like he is underwater. Y'know wha' Ah mean?
My favorite part is where he gets pissed off because he can't find the pub after he follows his woman almost into the ladie's.

By Destiny on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 - 06:56 pm: Edit

I just sent an email asking about the fate of the green. I hope they don't just add a drop of food color to the LaBleues!

By Pantagruel on Tuesday, March 19, 2002 - 06:53 pm: Edit

I need more cuddle time with Wolvie's products to give you my 2 cents, but as I recall from Saturday, his bleue was not as 'smooth' as Betina's #3; that said the #3 was very drinkable but alas, I think, ultimately boring. Wolvie's product had something going on which I have to reconoiter with.

LL: Shane has done wonders with preserving his liva...that video is a bit sad to say the least.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation