Finally ordered my fairie

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru March 2002:Finally ordered my fairie
By Crowlyman on Monday, March 25, 2002 - 08:36 pm: Edit

Thanks Baz and Arj.

By Arj on Monday, March 25, 2002 - 07:28 pm: Edit

It is legal in B.C., but they only sell Hill's. I understand Versinthe is available in Ontario, but not widely available.

By Destiny on Monday, March 25, 2002 - 03:23 pm: Edit

Bollocks! Now you listen up, mate. I'd trade our Congess, Senate and the President for you Royals. That sounds jolly good to me. At least the Royals seem interesting with all the incest and wild parties.

And what's with "cricket"? Who names a game after a bug?

Pip pip cheerio!

By Lordhobgoblin on Sunday, March 24, 2002 - 06:16 am: Edit

I'm sorry but the Crown Jewels do not belong to the British Royal Family. The Crown Jewels, like most of the most of the palaces the British Royal family inhabit, are the property of the British people. So by all means have the Royal Family, you're welcome to them. But beware, the novelty will soon wear off when your taxpayers realise just how much they will have to pay to fund the Royals' expensive life-style.

They're the biggest 'social security scroungers' on the planet and they get free exclusive accomodation in the biggest, most luxurious mansions in Britain, and as an extra they expect us all to tug our forelocks to them. Why? Because of their intelligence or ability? Certainly not. And all because they can trace their ancestory back to some Norman thief and murderer.

By Baz on Saturday, March 23, 2002 - 10:00 am: Edit

I think its legal in BC, but nowhere else. We have a couple of canuks somewhere on the board, but I don't know which ones they are.

By Crowlyman on Saturday, March 23, 2002 - 09:58 am: Edit

Another qeury: Is absinthe available in Canada yet? I know someone who has to go up there on business at least once a month and he may be willing to pick some up. He told me that he rarely ever gets checked at the border, so I could just send him to get some instead of paying exorbitant shipping prices from overseas...Its just a thought though.

By Baz on Saturday, March 23, 2002 - 09:03 am: Edit

Could we have their jewelry too? I could take a hell of a vacation (retirement) on those crown jewels...

By Lordhobgoblin on Saturday, March 23, 2002 - 01:44 am: Edit

French fries my arse! You even have to pretend these skinny, puny, feeble little chips you produce have a French heritage. Keep your matchstick sized excuse for chips, give me a proper, sturdy, substantial CHIPS any day. Give me chips that don't just consist of a burnt shell with a thin air centre, give me chips where when you bite them you can actually see the potato (pronounced PO-TAY-TO) inside.

And what sort of a word is "Buddy"? It sounds like some sory of blubbery name for an overweight slob who spends his days watching cable TV and stuffing his face with fast food and Coca-cola.

As for the British Royal family the truth is that they seem to be of importance only to American and Japanese tourists. They're an irrelevance to most people in Britain where most people would rather they all just buggered off and stopped fleecing the taxpayer or else couldn't give a shit about them one way or the other. You seem to have this quaint view of British royalty on the other side on the Atlantic, maybe you secretly want them for yourselves. Well take them, most people here wouldn't be bothered if you did.

By Crowlyman on Friday, March 22, 2002 - 08:24 pm: Edit

I love this place.

By Destiny on Friday, March 22, 2002 - 02:13 pm: Edit

Oh yeah?

Well, stop calling your friend a "mate". What is that, a gay thing?

And what's up with Prince Charles? Camilla is a DOG! If I was him I'd be down in Monaco joining in on Albert's supermodel orgies!!!

The unabridged Oxford costs too damn much!

They're french fries, not chips!

It's gone on "A" holiday.

Freaky Brits, thank God you have the Queen Mother to keep you all in line!

By Lordhobgoblin on Friday, March 22, 2002 - 12:20 pm: Edit

And stop talking about "standing in line", haven't you heard that the word for this is queue? Buy a proper English dictionary!

The only males who wear suspenders and stockings are transexuals and you should get arrested for walking down the street in your pants.

By Destiny on Friday, March 22, 2002 - 12:09 pm: Edit

Vegetables? That's as bad as my clown white thing! With NS70, the first thing I smell is the extra alcohol.

By Perruche_Verte on Friday, March 22, 2002 - 05:20 am: Edit

"What are some other pleasing brands to you Perruche?"

Well, I've gotten all spoiled now, and wouldn't order most of the Spanish anymore. I'd rather drink cheap red wine, save my money and get a smaller amount of La Bleue or Segarra.

When I started reading this board, you either made your own Swiss connections or you paid $150 or more for a liter of La Bleue. This makes $75/70 cl seem like a bargain, though it's still really expensive booze.

But you could do worse than Deva 50 or Serpis 65. NS gets good reviews in general, but somehow it tastes too much like vegetables to me.

By Mvario on Friday, March 22, 2002 - 02:20 am: Edit

No, The SC site was using commas and periods in the american fashion, at least on the english page. Seems like the shipping charge was using a period, but the item cost wasn't, so when they were added together it came out to 12,727.99 euros.

By Crowlyman on Thursday, March 21, 2002 - 10:29 pm: Edit

I saw it on a pink floyd message board and had to have it. It's set as my desktop right now!

I, however, do not want to know what made that cat do that. ;>

By Robman on Thursday, March 21, 2002 - 10:18 pm: Edit

Sicboy - you finally got your order??? Great news!! I'm enjoying a little Deva 50 right now myself! I like the NS 70 better, though.

By Sicboy13 on Thursday, March 21, 2002 - 10:15 pm: Edit

PS, Crowlyman-

By Sicboy13 on Thursday, March 21, 2002 - 10:12 pm: Edit

Deva 55? I believe you are referring to the Deva 50 if I am not mistaken. I am of course being a bastard. I happen to like the Deva 50 & the 70, the 70 just happens to do the trick a little quicker, I am drinkin the 50 right now, though. :)

By Crowlyman on Thursday, March 21, 2002 - 10:08 pm: Edit

ixnay on the Lasala eh? I may try it anyways to test the waters so to speak. What are some other pleasing brands to you Perruche?

By Perruche_Verte on Thursday, March 21, 2002 - 06:52 pm: Edit

Oh lord. LaSala does have its adherents (Petermarc?) but it's really not that drinkable compared to some of the other Spanish absinthes. The citrus taste in it is overpowering. Worth trying, I suppose, just to get a taste of what's out there, but my second bottle was my last. It had strange little dust flecks in the bottom.

You could always try a miniature bottle of Montana (called simply "Absenta" on the SC site). The two are very, very similar, except the citrus is a little more subdued in the Montana.

By Crowlyman on Thursday, March 21, 2002 - 06:38 pm: Edit

They did end up sending me an email saying the bank had not confirmed the card. I just reordered and got a transaction accepted screen.
I ordered 2 deva 55 and some glasses. I think i should have ordered 1 deva and 1 lasala...theres always tomorrow!

By Destiny on Thursday, March 21, 2002 - 06:22 pm: Edit

Isn't a Full-Stop a position on a cricket team?

And stop calling soccer "football"!

Damn aliens!

By Timk on Thursday, March 21, 2002 - 06:14 pm: Edit

damned Americans, why do they say Period instead of Full-Stop, freaky foreigners!

By Destiny on Thursday, March 21, 2002 - 06:10 pm: Edit

Are you sure it wasn't 122,00 euros? I don't know why they use a comma instead of a period. Freaky foreigners!

By Themagicman on Thursday, March 21, 2002 - 04:29 pm: Edit

Hay Mvario 12,000 euros sounds like a hell of a deal ha..ha..

By Mvario on Thursday, March 21, 2002 - 03:44 pm: Edit

Yeah, I think they've been playing with the site. I tried to order a couple of bottles of Segarra the other day and it came up with a total of 12,000 something euros. Needless to say, I didn't complete that order and emailed Crisitna and they fixed it the next day.

By Sicboy13 on Thursday, March 21, 2002 - 08:18 am: Edit

Yes the emails I have sent to Cristina have always been answered very quick and helpful as well, good luck.

By Giovannigray on Wednesday, March 20, 2002 - 09:43 pm: Edit

Upon completing purchases with SC, I've always gotten a "Transaction Accepted" screen with a couple of confirmation numbers on it..

It may be worth an e-mail to Cristina to see if they actually received your information. I've never had a blank screen appear at that't advise as to why. Check with SC. They're very responsive.

By Crowlyman on Wednesday, March 20, 2002 - 07:46 pm: Edit

I finally ordered from SC. When i clicked the final button after i enter my card info, i was given a blank menu screen. No message of whether it had been accepted or declined, just blank.
I was wondering if they just send an email to confirm or deny purchase requests...I guess im just asking if this has happened to anyone else.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation