Donnie Darko

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru March 2002:Donnie Darko
By Marccampbell on Thursday, March 21, 2002 - 07:08 pm: Edit

yes yes yes! Kismet's version of Love Will Tear Us Apart is stunning!

Thanks carfax.

By Mr_Carfax on Thursday, March 21, 2002 - 06:53 pm: Edit

Hey Marc, your email reminded me of something that might tickle your fancy....(and it might not...)

There is an Australian/Macedonian Goth Band called Kismet who do a version of Love Will Tear Us Apart on Bazouki's and other trad instruments

http://www.unet.com.mk/kismet/

By Joalco on Thursday, March 21, 2002 - 02:56 pm: Edit

I too loved the soundtrack, and the score as well. It's a shame they didn't have the money to release a CD.

Marc, if you're into that kinda thing, you should definitely check out the deleted scenes and the commentary with Kelly and Gyllenhaal. They both really flesh out the story quite a bit.

And, if you poke around enough, there are a few easter eggs on the disc.

By Marccampbell on Thursday, March 21, 2002 - 12:35 pm: Edit

plus its got a cool soundtrack. Joy Division's LOVE WILL TEAR US APART.

I found Donnie Darko both compelling and perplexing. I'm not sure I "got it". I own the dvd
so plan to rewatch it. Its certainly a promising debut for director Kelly.

By Chevalier on Thursday, March 21, 2002 - 08:25 am: Edit

Step on a crack!
Break your momma's back!

(Whoops, I was channeling Devo.)

By Joalco on Thursday, March 21, 2002 - 08:21 am: Edit

Glad you liked the movie! It's a shame it didn't get a bigger theatrical push, but I don't thinkl anyone knew what to do with it.

The DVD is a great set, though. I had musicians from LA and London staying with me for SXSW last week, and we must've watched the DVD eight or ten times.

An absolutely stunning movie, especially considering it was 26 year old Kelly's first feature-length film...

By Sicboy13 on Thursday, March 21, 2002 - 08:17 am: Edit

order some golf shoes!

By Marccampbell on Thursday, March 21, 2002 - 01:10 am: Edit

Take the trip.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation