Archive through March 22, 2002

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: THE Definitive Guide to Wolvie's La Bleue:Archive through March 22, 2002
By Salspec on Friday, March 22, 2002 - 03:34 pm: Edit

where is wolvie? I'd like to order some of the La Bleue

By Tavarua on Friday, March 22, 2002 - 03:28 pm: Edit

Even so, I have yet to try Wolvie. Gotta give it its day in court. Too bad I missed the green goodness. I was under the impression that when the first few forumites got their orders, they prefered the Bleue. Now everyone is all about the Verte. Dios Mio.

By Destiny on Friday, March 22, 2002 - 03:02 pm: Edit

Hopefully Jade will be out soon, then it won't matter, I guess.

By Tavarua on Friday, March 22, 2002 - 03:01 pm: Edit

Guess I'll give it another shot.

By Destiny on Friday, March 22, 2002 - 03:00 pm: Edit

Wolvie's been taking a bit longer to answer email lately.

By Crosby on Friday, March 22, 2002 - 02:54 pm: Edit

I got a reply yesterday to an email I sent two days earlier. It confirmed the sad news.

By Tavarua on Friday, March 22, 2002 - 02:34 pm: Edit

I sent Wolvie an email four days ago and no word as of yet. Has anyone reached him recently? Wolvie, if you're out there, throw me a bone.

By Dehe on Friday, March 22, 2002 - 10:31 am: Edit

Nevermind, figured it out.

By Dehe on Friday, March 22, 2002 - 10:19 am: Edit

Does anyone know why im getting a Mailer-Daemon response when i try to email Andy? I'm emailing him from email.com if that means anything...I've emailed him before and every other time its worked. Just wondering if anyone else is getting this message too.
-Steve

By Petermarc on Friday, March 22, 2002 - 03:23 am: Edit

blanches seem to have occupied maybe 25% of the
market at the time...but there aren't many artist musings over la fée blanche...
it was (and is) no doubt, easier and less expensive to make...the swiss have seemed to have adopted 'la bleue' exclusively, whether because of this or to give them a separate identity from the french, is not clear...however, the 'personality' of la bleue is more 'swiss'
straightforward, clean and mountainy-crisp as opposed to verte, which is more flamboyantly herbal, the most enjoyable, but also the most difficult and unpredictable...

By Destiny on Thursday, March 21, 2002 - 07:53 pm: Edit

On the bright side, he did say Christmas. Perhaps we can get him to brew some up twice a year?

I was thinking about a trip to Amseterdam and Germany in a few months - maybe if I showed up on his doorstep with a sad look he would take pity and sell me somne green (he must have a healthy stash for himself and his sexy German chicks!)

By Etienne on Thursday, March 21, 2002 - 07:38 pm: Edit

Louchington;

I never doubted your word, it was just hope against hope. I got just about the same mail today.

In the morning I'll send a note of encouragement to Peter and Andy, then... snif... sob...

By Joalco on Thursday, March 21, 2002 - 11:40 am: Edit

I've already sent an email pledging my loyalty, and I honestly wouldn't mind paying a bit more per bottle. Hopefully if we all speak up, Wolvie'll reconsider. It'd be a shame if the green fell by the wayside...

Now if only my bottles would get here (dammit, i'm impatient!)

By Destiny on Thursday, March 21, 2002 - 09:55 am: Edit

got the reply from wolvie...

"... i need to update the website, the green is no longer available, only on x-mas or so we will offer some green. the green is too much work and too expensive to make, says peter, that's the main reason, he will only focus on one product to keep the quality on the same level and so on..."

So Liver Lips was correct, no more green for now. I'll have to save mine for special occasions. On the bright side, his La Bleue is good and relatively inexpensive next to the domestic options.

It seems to be a small time operation so maybe they would reconsider if enough people emailed Andy and let it be known that we really like the green.

The mail address is: wolvie666@gmx.de

By Etienne on Wednesday, March 20, 2002 - 06:18 pm: Edit

Let's hope so, Mr. L.!

By Louched_Liver on Wednesday, March 20, 2002 - 05:56 pm: Edit

Ah, the burden of being the cool voice of reason ringing out against the hot winds of disbelief.

On the other hand-mebbe all the ruckus will engender a fresh batch to be made.

Dez Tiny,
Lucy? That's a fresh one!

By Etienne on Wednesday, March 20, 2002 - 05:27 pm: Edit

I wrote Wolvie last night as well. Haven't heard a word.

By Destiny on Wednesday, March 20, 2002 - 05:24 pm: Edit

I went home last night and hugged my bottle of wolvie's green. Fortunately, I was wromg and have more than 3/4 bottle left - yeeehaaa!

No reply from wolvie about the green. Still hoping that Lucy the Liver was wrong.

By Etienne on Wednesday, March 20, 2002 - 04:54 pm: Edit

Petermarc;

We seem very focused on La Blue as the "quality" absinthe available now. What was the case at the turn of the century? I'm under the impression that most of the absinthe was the verte variety, am I correct in this? Just how important was the blanche in the total scene?

By Petermarc on Wednesday, March 20, 2002 - 04:04 pm: Edit

or, alot of screwed up batches...

By Wolfgang on Wednesday, March 20, 2002 - 03:21 pm: Edit

My Hausgematcher's understanding is that the extra cost of the Green is probably due to the higher alcohol content.

By Baz on Wednesday, March 20, 2002 - 01:49 pm: Edit

Mr forgetful-
You just got it from the horse's mouth- Ted=Jade

By Tabreaux on Wednesday, March 20, 2002 - 01:16 pm: Edit

When the Jade products are launched, they will be accessible to just about anyone. They will be domestically available in some regions, and available via alternative means in others.

By Baz on Wednesday, March 20, 2002 - 12:50 pm: Edit

Yes, the producers of Jade have great respect for betty...

By Louched_Liver on Wednesday, March 20, 2002 - 12:07 pm: Edit

That IS funny!

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation