Bitchin'est Profile Photo:

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Bitchin'est Profile Photo:
 SubtopicPosts Updated
Archive through March 26, 2002  26   03/26 12:42pm
Archive through March 26, 2002  25   03/26 09:56pm

By Lordhobgoblin on Thursday, March 28, 2002 - 12:33 am: Edit

It's as I thought. People will go on about how we should learn lessons from Kennedy's assasination without even sitting down to think about what exactly we should learn from it.

If he hadn't been so pretty or hadn't been murdered then perhaps people would not be so quick to gloss over links with the Mafia, his support for McCarthyism, and covert operations that would have made Ronald Reagan envious. As for those of his now admirers that slate Bush jr's election as being a corrupt fix then they should take a closer look at JFK's 1960 election.

But then he was very pretty, came from a stinking rich family and best of all looked good on television. The Kennedy 'legend' is more image than substance.

Kennedy was the first President to really know how to use his image (particulary on television) to mask shortcomings in the content of what he was saying. Take the famous joint television/radio debate he had with Nixon in 1960. Kennedy looked immaculate with perfect makeup and dress, Nixon who refused to wear much make-up and wasn't too bothered about his appearance looked a mess by comparison. As a result the majority of those who saw the debate on TV thought that Kennedy came out best. In contrast the majority of those who heard the debate on radio (without seeing the image) thought Nixon came out best. A classic case of using image to make up for shortfalls in content.

If Kennedy had been an ugly man with a plain looking wife then we wouldn't have this 'Camelot legend' bullshit. It's just typical of the shallow way we view things today.

I have yet to have anybody give me an explanation of what big lesson there is to be learned from Kennedy's assasination and how exactly was it such an important defining moment in American history? And just why (apart from his image) is he given this almost 'God-like' status?

Is it because we should not say nasty things about a man who was brutally murdered? Or is it because we should not say nasty things about a man who was very pretty and had a gorgeous wife? Or is it because he was 'one of the lads' who screwed every desirable fanny in sight (he makes Bill Clinton look like a model husband)?

Hobgoblin

By Mr_Rabid on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 05:49 pm: Edit

http://www.chillingeffects.org/

If they give you any shit, go here. Legal leg breakas on the side of Good(tm)

They eat Cease and Desist letters for breakfast, and shit the bones of lawyers after supper.

By Mvario on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 05:26 pm: Edit

Yeah, he makes me laugh... but he's a scientologist

http://sites.myhomepage.org/brucecampbell/success.htm

(note to the Scientologist lawyers: please don't take that to infer that I meant anything derogotory towards scientology, as I can't aford one of your famed legal blitzkriegs)

By Mkmiller on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 04:12 pm: Edit

I did get the 'bootleg edition' army of darkness not too long ago. Its got a few extras and the original ending.

By Larsbogart on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 11:41 am: Edit

LordHobgoblin:
Dont even try to insinuate that you dont masturbate, theres enough bullshit going around here as it is.
And Hey! who the hell do you think you are to acknowledge my posting?
love
Larsbogart

By Chevalier on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 11:37 am: Edit

Kennedy had youth, charisma and sex appeal. He was the antidote to 8 years of Eisenhower.

The rest was (and is) in people's heads. Face it: PROFILES IN COURAGE was ghostwritten. Jack's presidential election was bought by poppa Joe. Bobby as Attorney General? Nepotism. And never mind the women and the mob.

Hobgoblin has a good point. Symbolism shouldn't be a golden calf. Especially when the man didn't come close to his myth.

By Baz on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 11:30 am: Edit

LordH-
Monroes death, at the pre-dawn of the sexual revolution, before we could see a lot of pictures of her naked, left us with less proper vintage jacking material than if she had lived.

DUH!!!

By Lordhobgoblin on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 11:24 am: Edit

Marc,

Well if you read Tariq Ali (he's a nice guy in person also) then I suppose you're all right in my book.

But really would someone please explain to me what is the big deal about Kennedy, he was power-crazed politician with a greater than average amount of corruption. Was it because he looked good on camera or something? Would the world be a much better place if he had lived? Would there be less starvation? Less corruption in politics? What exactly?

As to this 'learning lessons from the past' nonsense in relation to his assasination, well exactly what lesson should the world learn from his assasination (other than it's not nice to murder Presidents, especially those who look pretty and have a full set of teeth)?

Hobgoblin
(As for Marylin Monroe, well what relevence has the death of a pretty blonde actress got to do with the fate of mankind?)

By Joalco on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 10:41 am: Edit

The limited editions of Evil Dead (Elite or Anchor Bay's new Book of the Dead - the only one I don't have signed), Evil Dead 2, and the 2-Disc Army of Darkness have numerous supplements, multiple commentary tracks, etc. They're worth digging into.

By Chrysippvs on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 10:20 am: Edit

Actually (I think) all of the new DVDs (excepting the book of the dead one) are just the video digitized (not enhanced) and put on DVD. No big whoop.
- J

By Chevalier on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 09:59 am: Edit

Here's a photo of Martin Luther King dying from a gunshot wound. See him on the ground, bleeding?
my picture
Have the witnesses pointing at J. Edgar Hoover in a tutu. Make them look like Earth, Wind & Fire or Kool & the Gang.

With Photoshop, you can make anything funny. Or can you?

By Joalco on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 09:53 am: Edit

Hee hee... My Evil Dead DVD's are signed by Bruce Campbell... :P

By Mkmiller on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 09:50 am: Edit

if you were a real Evil Dead fan you'd own all 6 of the various DVD releases.

This is true...but, six DVDs is a decent bottle of absinthe.

By Perruche_Verte on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 07:55 am: Edit

Whoops, sorry Lint!

(insert keyboard in mouth)

By Lint on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 07:50 am: Edit

Perruche, youll notice I gave the man credit on my last post. Chryisppvs, thanks for the idea to search ebay (doh!)

todd

By Perruche_Verte on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 07:43 am: Edit

Well, since no one has given credit where
credit (or blame) is due:

The photoshopped Oswald pic is actually called
"In-A-Gadda-Da-Oswald" and it's the work of
one Dr. Cosmo, ne' George E. Mahlberg, apparently also a DJ.

His other works may be seen here:

http://www.tw-zone.com/cosmo/photoshop/photoshop.html

By Chevalier on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 06:44 am: Edit

The doll? Or the woman on the bed?

The worst part is, he has sex with her.

http://galaxy-of-terror.com/Galaxy_of_Terror/Passionately_Possessed/Black_Devil_Doll/blackdevildollfromhell.html

By Baz on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 06:37 am: Edit

man that is one creepy looking....
whatever that is!

By Chevalier on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 06:31 am: Edit

The black devil doll (Rick James? Lester?): "B-i-i-tch? I said wake up, bitch!"
my picture

By Chevalier on Wednesday, March 27, 2002 - 05:50 am: Edit

Forget the best; go for the worst.

BLACK DEVIL DOLL FROM HELL. A cross between "The Devil in Miss Jones" and "Pinocchio".

Worst concept. Worst direction. Worst acting. Worst nudity. Worst sex scenes. Worst script. Worst visual and sound effects. Worst sound. Worst music. Worst lighting. Worst set design and props. Worst costuming. Worst editing. Worst titles. Worst film quality (1984 camcorder).

Runner up: THE BEAST OF YUCCA FLATS (with special guest star Tor Johnson as "the beast".)

By Marccampbell on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 10:31 pm: Edit

mk,

if you were a real Evil Dead fan you'd own all 6 of the various DVD releases.

By Chrysippvs on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 10:15 pm: Edit

http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?MfcISAPICommand=GetResult&query=within+the+woods&ht=1&itemtimedisp=0&st=2&SortProperty=MetaHighestPriceSort&SortOrder=d&BasicSearch=

man I love e-bay...

- J

By Lint on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 10:14 pm: Edit

If any of you has a copy of "within the woods" please contact me as Id love to get a copy. For more info on the picture, I found the website of the guy who claims to have made it a few years back (yes ive seen it online off and on for many years now, although I scanned the one Im using in my profile from a book) the link is below:

http://www.tw-zone.com/cosmo/photoshop/oswald.html

enjoy!

By Chrysippvs on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 09:56 pm: Edit

First evil dead, as in "Evil Dead 1", or as in "Within the Woods."??

- J

By Mkmiller on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 09:32 pm: Edit

Such a fan that I actually have the FIRST evil dead on tape and watch it and like it. Its amazing what you can do with a 38 dollar budget.

By Marccampbell on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 09:20 pm: Edit

mkmiller,
so I see you're a fan of my brother Bruce.

By Mkmiller on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 09:06 pm: Edit

Your mouse must be reaallllyyy sticky.

By Marccampbell on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 09:03 pm: Edit

I've been masturbating non-stop for almost a year.

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation