Crazyass Copper Penny Test - by Nancywhiskey

Sepulchritude Forum: The Absinthe Forum Archive Thru March 2002: Archive thru March 2002:Crazyass Copper Penny Test - by Nancywhiskey
By Louched_Liver on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 11:32 am: Edit

During the same period of the war, nickles were made of silver. Nutty, huh?

By Louched_Liver on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 11:26 am: Edit

Just happen to have a 43. Steel, not copper.

By Chevalier on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 10:21 am: Edit

"Even when made less offensive by a trickle of sugar, absinthe still reeks of copper, leaving on the palate a taste like a metal button slowly sucked."

-- Joris-Karl Huysmans

By Petermarc on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 06:49 am: Edit

supposed to be steel, made during the war-years to conserve copper...some got made in copper accidentally...very rare...worth a shit-load (pun intended)

By Nancywhiskey on Tuesday, March 26, 2002 - 06:10 am: Edit

Good info Robman,
What is all the fuss about the 1943 penny.
Nancy

By Robman on Monday, March 25, 2002 - 11:57 pm: Edit

Actually, the content of pennies was changed from about 95% copper throughout to a pure zinc filling with a pure copper plating in 1982. Some 1982 pennies are copper, some are zinc, but all since then are zinc.

The way to test if a penny is copper or zinc is to flip it. If you hear a ringing noise while it is in the air, it is copper. If you hear no ringing, it is zinc.

This will only work if you can flip it right - some people just kind of toss it in the air and it does a couple of flips, but the right way is to rest the penny on your bent index finger and flip up your thumb to get it really going.

You can also hear the difference between nickle quarters and silver quarters this way. They both ring, but sound much different.

Well, it's on topic with this thread.

By Nancywhiskey on Monday, March 25, 2002 - 11:06 pm: Edit

Thank's Pablo,
You have always been my favorite.

Much Love, Nancy

By Nancywhiskey on Monday, March 25, 2002 - 11:06 pm: Edit

Thank's Pablo,
You have always been my favorite.

Much Love, Nancy

By Pablo on Monday, March 25, 2002 - 02:51 am: Edit

Ooooh. My favorite!

By Nancywhiskey on Monday, March 25, 2002 - 02:44 am: Edit

Good work folks. I have to admit this test was not as scientific as I may have let on. What brought it to mind was all the talk about scratch and sniff cards. The basis for this little experiment was to give one not an olfactory experience like a scratch and sniff (although you may now sniff the penny) but to allow the tester to enjoy an altogether different sense. Taste.

Yes, as we all savor the taste and aroma not to mention the by-products of a fine absinthe, we sometimes take for granted the little things that mean so much.

HERE IT IS, THE BOTTOM LINE.

Blue, you were very close. Louch, naughty, naughty. Head, a headache again?

It was designed to savor the flavor of your toung buried deep inside Nancy's hairy ass. Enjoy.

Love, Nancy

By Pablo on Monday, March 25, 2002 - 02:43 am: Edit

Ooops! I accidentally swallowed the penny!
Is that supposed to happen?

By Louched_Liver on Monday, March 25, 2002 - 01:31 am: Edit

And then Dogboy said:

By Blue on Sunday, March 24, 2002 - 11:30 pm: Edit

Head, help! Louch, are you out there? Lips and tongue numb and feeling like as ass! Gullible R Us needs help....I don't get it

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, March 24, 2002 - 08:02 pm: Edit

try it.

TRY IT!!! PUT THE PENNY IN YOUR MOUTH NOW!!!

By Lint on Sunday, March 24, 2002 - 07:59 pm: Edit

im assuming it turns something green from the copper? do tell..

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, March 24, 2002 - 07:43 pm: Edit

OH I GET IT!!!

Oh Nancywhiskey, you're the devil!

I think the funny part would be to put the penny up for auction on Ebay and make some obscure Absinthe reference, then it would make some "Ridiculous Auction of the Week" thread here at the Forum.

That would be pee my pants funny.

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, March 24, 2002 - 07:36 pm: Edit

and then what?

By Thegreenimp on Sunday, March 24, 2002 - 07:14 pm: Edit

actually the joke is to get as many people as possible to stick pennies in their mouth.
Jay

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, March 24, 2002 - 06:20 pm: Edit

The following results may vary, as this is not a scientific Forum.

Spit Penny

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, March 24, 2002 - 06:04 pm: Edit

Z'his z'ing iz givin' me a 'eadache.

By Head_Prosthesis on Sunday, March 24, 2002 - 06:03 pm: Edit

By Nancywhiskey on Sunday, March 24, 2002 - 04:54 am: Edit

Well, what you need to do is take a penny, the older the better. I have been told their is a slightly higher grade copper in the older pennies. Most of the copper was mined in Utah prior to 1973.

Now you may wash the penny with a little soap and water if you like. Don't use hot water for the reasons i will explain later.

Rub the penny between fingers and thumb to make it a few degrees warmer than room temp.

As soon as the penny is warm, gently bite down on it with your front teeth. You must do this quickly. Now, hold the penny in your teeth and bring your lips down to contact the top and bottom of penny. Gently, now.

With the tip of your toung rub the edge of the penny back and forth. This should be done rapidly.

Be patient for the results. It may take longer for some to achieve the goal.

CONGRATULATIONS YOU HAVE COMPLETED THE COPPER PENNY TEST!!!!!

Administrator's Control Panel -- Board Moderators Only
Administer Page |Delete Conversation |Close Conversation |Move Conversation